Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just upgraded to a “main building deluxe king club level” room at GF. Any feedback or reviews on those? DH has wanted to try GF for a while, and I’ve been dragging my heels, so he bribed me with CL since the new AP discount was pretty good.

I was so tempted by the AP discount for that room too. I had it for the first half of a split stay with the Disney + discount, but cancelled it in favor of CR Tower Club. We’ve stayed RPC before & I loved it. But, with the orchestra gone, no afternoon tea service & the possibility of getting a 2nd floor room (again!), I passed.

The 2nd half of the stay was BC CL. I just wasn’t feeling it because we really prefer YC. I was debating changing to a regular theme park view room at CR & moving the BC portion to YC @ rack rate. But I couldn’t seem to make the changes. When I first heard about the new discount, I checked & YC CL was only available for the night of the 8th. I checked again this evening & the 5th - 8th were discounted. I was able to make a reservation with those nights discounted & 9-12th at rack rate. We don’t land til 7 pm on the 4th, so I booked PO FQ for that night. Hopefully there will be another discount to cover the rest of the nights, but for now I’m more than happy to have 4 discounted nights. :goodvibes

My friends old roommate used to be a room assigner and said they tried to keep those 2nd floor rooms for “certain types of guests”, which is why she called them the honeymoon rooms (won’t disturb as many guests down there, as she said). If they didn’t have any of those they’d just fill them up with other couples/guests. She told me when making my room request to put anything down that would signal I didn’t want to be on the second floor. Like putting “celebrating anniversary, would love a special view with a wonderful view” or what I did “I am traveling alone and don’t feel comfortable being so far away from the lounge and having to travel so far to the lounge alone”. There was a family of 3 in the room below me on the 4th floor, woman said she always gets out in the same room when she books that category but never makes a room request. Who even knows sometimes, but I think it never hurts with those rooms to make the room request because it might trump just randomness in the room selection.
I would always try to make a request but with me and dd trips I think they just stuck us on 2nd floor. I did get 09 with dh once, he wanted the TPV so I asked for the larger balcony and got for it that time.

Came back to add that would be a fun job, like doing a very large jigsaw puzzle!

Last edited:
Does that elevator that services the second floor deluxe king rooms go to the ground floor? How would you access that short hallway from the main lobby?

I’ve noted my request via TouringPlans to prefer “a room with a nice view and a location convenient to the lounge, such as 4021 or 4421.” We’ll see how that goes. Thanks!
This may help. The 2 black squares together are the elevators. One is near ‘09 which is what you take to get to the hallway to the lounge past rooms 13-18 etc for the 2nd floor rooms. The next elevator section is near 3rd floor cm lounge desk, 4th floor food/lounge area or 5th floor access. This elevator goes to ground 1 lobby or 2nd floor mono station. (On the right side of the map)

The rooms ending in 01 there is a fire escape stairwell you can also use. Dh hates elevators so he used that often. It leads out to the end of the building and a short walk to the bus area! The elevator on this end( near 09) does go to floor 1 which puts you adjacent to Gasparillas QS and marina. It’s more convenient to go to a pool with this elevator because you are not walking through the lobby in a swim gear,

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• CF2AFA36-81E0-430E-A31D-802B1EAF9821.png
    CF2AFA36-81E0-430E-A31D-802B1EAF9821.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 24
My daughter, 8, and I have a short split stay coming up. We go to the parks often and pools/resorts are half the fun as we don’t have a lot of pressure to get to everything in the park. We were staying at the Swan, but we really really wanted the Disney vibe so are going to CSR for two nights, then had to string together a reservation for YC because they only had one night CL available and then standard the next two nights. How long do you have access to the CL amenities on checkout day?

My daughter, 8, and I have a short split stay coming up. We go to the parks often and pools/resorts are half the fun as we don’t have a lot of pressure to get to everything in the park. We were staying at the Swan, but we really really wanted the Disney vibe so are going to CSR for two nights, then had to string together a reservation for YC because they only had one night CL available and then standard the next two nights. How long do you have access to the CL amenities on checkout day?
You have access until the end of the day/whenever the longe closes on checkout day. (Typically 10 pm) Enjoy it!

You have access until the end of the day/whenever the longe closes on checkout day. (Typically 10 pm) Enjoy it!
One more random question for a first time CL party! Is it considered uncouth to say, grab a snack to take down to the pool or breakfast on the go? Thought we could stop by after the park to grab a drink and snack for the pool but wasnt sure if it was more like buffet protocols…

One more random question for a first time CL party! Is it considered uncouth to say, grab a snack to take down to the pool or breakfast on the go? Thought we could stop by after the park to grab a drink and snack for the pool but wasnt sure if it was more like buffet protocols…
You are typically encouraged to take food/snacks and drinks with you!! During afternoon snacks, you’ll find bagged items such as chips, candy and cookies, which makes it super easy to grab and go. (items vary between CL lounges) Also, each lounge also provides to-go cups that you can fill with your beverage of choice - including alcoholic drinks! Enjoy!

Not uncouth at all. You can absolutely take any of the foods or drinks out of the lounge. Many folks take breakfast, snacks & apps back to their room. No glass allowed at the pool tho, so you would need to put drinks in a to go cup. Enjoy!

Depending on what you are grabbing/or what they are offering—that is exactly what we do. Breakfast on the go, soda and a snack for the room, pool or to head back to the parks. We haven’t been there since the changes post Covid— but it sounds like more grab and go options are offered.

I would always try to make a request but with me and dd trips I think they just stuck us on 2nd floor. I did get 09 with dh once, he wanted the TPV so I asked for the larger balcony and got for it that time.

Came back to add that would be a fun job, like doing a very large jigsaw puzzle!
Knowing my luck I would never get that room again, but it was wonderful and totally too much for a solo trip, glad I was fortunate to get that once though.

She hated that job after a while lol 😂, probably why she transferred as soon as possible. We were both bridesmaids in my friends wedding so had lots of time to sit and chat, she had crazy stories (which I wouldn’t think being a room assigner, but people are weird). She said she once had a lady fax in her request 5-10 times a day for a month before her stay, guess she wanted to make sure it was seen and noted. She did say it’s a really hard job though, and took some creativity thinking of the people coming, going, and staying not just right now but a week ago and a week from now. I couldn’t do it!

There was a woman at BWI last week that literally never ate in the lounge, just came and got a bunch of food and left, and obviously that was just fine. I loved popping in for a coffee (good to go cups, much faster than lines in the park), and a little more to nibble on as I walked. Especially with afternoon snacks I never stayed in the lounge for that.

Has club level concierge been helpful getting GoTG? I've never actually tried to use this before.
If they aren’t busy, they may be able to help you by either taking your phone and attempting to get you a VQ or walking you through the VQ process - like they may countdown the seconds for you while you wait to push the VQ join button. They do not have a separate pool of VQ or ILL$ from which they can pull for CL guests, however. This is what they used to do for Rise when it was VQ, but there were days when they were busy at 7am and not able to assist.

No not at all. You have access to CL from when it’s opens until close. We have many times takes food back to the room or waters to the park ( you need to ask for water, some CL only have water in the lounge) some have bottles in the back. We have also brought beer and wine back to the room.

Hi CL experts. Is the Contemporary Atrium Club Lounge open late in the evening for just sitting in after the food is put away or do they lock the doors. I apologize if this was asked before, but couldn't find it. Also, are all Atrium Club rooms located on the Club Level floor? What about the Polynesian Club Lounge? My husband likes to stay up later than the rest of us.

Hi CL experts. Is the Contemporary Atrium Club Lounge open late in the evening for just sitting in after the food is put away or do they lock the doors. I apologize if this was asked before, but couldn't find it. Also, are all Atrium Club rooms located on the Club Level floor? What about the Polynesian Club Lounge? My husband likes to stay up later than the rest of us.
For CR atrium cl all rooms on the 12th floor. The lounge is open all hours but food and drinks end at 10p. However often they leave things in the cooler so you can grab a soda late if still there. Oh there are no doors so they can’t keep you away. However I am not sure if balcony doors will open. I always did TPV and didn’t need it.

For poly cl all the rooms in the Hawaii building. Trying to think here, there are doors from floors 2 and 3 to lounge that could be locked but I don’t think from floor 1. So I think there is all hours access.

Hey there! It's been a couple years since our last trip (thanks covid), but we're booked for Sept/oct. for 9 days. we always stay CL for a variety of reasons - mostly cost lol we're a family of 6 and what we get from CL is better than what we get in a value suite for almost the same price :rotfl2:

Do signature services book park days? Deal with genie+ or lightening lane?

Anyhow, now that there's no fast passes, is there anything signature services really helps with prior to the trip? I've never asked for help before, mostly b/c I loved the old process. However, we're traveling with another family and they aren't sure if CL is worth the cost to them b/c they plan room service and don't see the benefit in the lounge.

Time and ease of planning will make a difference. They don't want to link reservations and be 'family and friends' so I can't really book anything for them. But I'm not sure they understand what needs to be done so not sure if they'll do it without messing things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter