Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

They’ve been rotating the soups daily (though the butternut squash seems to be a fixture most days, with the other soup being the alternating one) so you should be seeing the corn chowder tomorrow- it’s delicious!

I hope that you enjoy your stay, I feel like I’m in constant withdrawal from that wonderful place :)

Food isn't quite out yet but the cards are and, yep, corn chowder and butternut squash are on the menu for today. Offerings are pretty substantial again today, very easy to make a nice lunch out of these offerings.

Food isn't quite out yet but the cards are and, yep, corn chowder and butternut squash are on the menu for today. Offerings are pretty substantial again today, very easy to make a nice lunch out of these offerings.

Since you're there right now, and assuming that you're staying using your DVC points (although I could be wrong) could you tell me if those rooms have been refurbished with the new look? I was just curious since I heard DVC rooms weren't getting that refurb right now, but thought maybe the CL rooms would be.

Since you're there right now, and assuming that you're staying using your DVC points (although I could be wrong) could you tell me if those rooms have been refurbished with the new look? I was just curious since I heard DVC rooms weren't getting that refurb right now, but thought maybe the CL rooms would be.

I am staying DVC CL and no, the DVC rooms were all just done a couple years ago, they are not being refurbished right now, just the hotel rooms.

I only went back a few pages and couldn't find anything, but wondering if anyone has any recent photos/info on the current BC CL offerings? Or if anyone can point me to a recent post. TIA!

Self serve tonight at AKL CL:

Red wine
Indaba: Mosaic Red Blend 2018
Excelsior: Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Fairvalley: Pinotage

White wine
Two Oceans: Moscato (2017, I think, my picture is blurry)
Indaba: Chardonnay (no idea year the lighting by the white wine was not ideal)
Fairvalley: Chenin Blanc

Bottled beer:
Sweet Water Extra Pale Ale 420
Stella Artois
Angry Orchard Original
Michelob Ultra
Blue Moon
Tusker Lager
Orlando IPA

CL at Contemporary check in question. My flight gets in and I’ll be at hotel by 9am. Know room won’t be ready - how do I access lounge? We are Atrium CL standard view so I know it’s lower of the 2 CL floors.

CL at Contemporary check in question. My flight gets in and I’ll be at hotel by 9am. Know room won’t be ready - how do I access lounge? We are Atrium CL standard view so I know it’s lower of the 2 CL floors.
You let the first CM you see know that you are CL. There should be sometime at the check in counter or probably one standing in the lobby with an iPad

Maybe obvious, but you may want to ask at check-in if there’s any way you can go ahead and get a CL room for your first night. You may not like the economics (they may make you pay rack rate for the night) but it might be worth a shot if you’re looking to avoid moving rooms like that. Just a thought.
I thought about it but we want park days too so figure we will hit a park, check into standard and go to the parks while we are room-less. Then we can have a couple of resort days to relax. We are driving from about 2 hours away so I could pack an overnight bag for the first night and throw it in the car and grab everything else to check into CL later.

Hope someone who is there now or has been recently will keep
Cortado is basically 1 shot espresso, 1 shot steamed milk, though I always make mine a double 2 and 2. No flavor/sugar for me. So a latte with way less milk. I discovered them at a couple local coffee shops. Which on a side note, I ran in to one of the owners at Epcot on NYE of all places/times. I'm walking along to the bathroom and I hear someone behind me say, Signal Mountain? And I'm, What? Yes. How on earth would you know that? He explained he runs the coffee truck I stop at often as I'm driving down the mountain. Then I remembered the staff had mentioned he went to Disney often too (they'd seen my magnets). Still, wild to run in to him there and then. Busiest night of the year at Epcot.

Just letting 1 make at a time is a bit of a draw back but we were lucky that it was never really busy, and we were there Christmas. I wait longer on the one at BWI, even when it can make 2 at a time. Of course, when it's doing 2 cups of coffee it can't steam milk which is another delay. That and the pod waste area is forever filling up, which shuts down a side till it can be tended to.
Thanks for that info, and wow, very unusual that you would encounter that coffee guy!
I love the Nespresso machines in the lounges I have experienced (SL, RPC and Poly). Maybe I'm in the minority, but their coffee satisfies me and I look forward to the lounge for it! I love my flavors, tho....to each his own. Coffee preference is so subjective.

This morning for hot dishes at AKL CL we have both oatmeal and biscuits and sausage gravy!

For evening hot dishes, last night we had tamarind meatballs and a chef plated soup and pork dish.

The previous evening we had chicken nuggets with bbq sauce on the side and a chef plated duck confit and I believe a seafood dish, it wasn't something I was interested in so I guess I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Similar to last year I am finding all the services I have been to quite substantial and things are replenished regularly, it has been quite easy to find a CM to get a drink, they are always milling about cleaning up the serving area and such,

Last edited:
Since I know you were all on the edge of your seats waiting for me to make a decision (lol), I wanted to share that we're doing Poly CL (not BWI)! Your feedback was so wonderful - thanks so much for helping me. In the end, your comments made me realize we couldn't go wrong either way, and my husband was really excited by the idea of Poly, and I REALLY hate clowns, so we just called it based on that. :) We did call signature services about the food and they said if we call a week or two before we go and tell the CL concierge that we are going to be two rooms of vegetarians/fish-but-not-shellfish eaters, the chef would "try to accommodate that" in the week's offerings. We shall see. We won't starve!

We just had our first CR CL stay in December and arrived at the resort around 10am by car service. We just went to the front desk to check in and the CM who checked us in took us up to the 12th floor. We were then introduced to the CL CMs and showed around the lounge. Have a great trip :).

Since I know you were all on the edge of your seats waiting for me to make a decision (lol), I wanted to share that we're doing Poly CL (not BWI)! Your feedback was so wonderful - thanks so much for helping me. In the end, your comments made me realize we couldn't go wrong either way, and my husband was really excited by the idea of Poly, and I REALLY hate clowns, so we just called it based on that. :) We did call signature services about the food and they said if we call a week or two before we go and tell the CL concierge that we are going to be two rooms of vegetarians/fish-but-not-shellfish eaters, the chef would "try to accommodate that" in the week's offerings. We shall see. We won't starve!

Glad you were able to make a decision. Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Curious, has anyone mentioned if they've been able to add on CL access at WL since the reno started? I've tried to keep up but sorry if it's been mentioned and I missed it.

I have been trying to stay unplugged this trip other than a couple of quick updates on the RotR thread, but just wanted to pop in and say that after all the worrying over different CLs, we have had an amazing time at GF SL! Our home airport is supposed to be hit by that big winter storm tonight and tomorrow, so SW was already offering free flight changes yesterday morning. I was able to move our flights home to the following day, booked one more night here - with the gift of magic discount even - and the CL staff were able to connect the reservations and keep us in the same room for the extra night. I’ll have a more detailed report once we’re back home, but my family has had a wonderful experience this trip and I’m so glad we made the switch from BC!

We land at MCO at 8:30am so we should be there by 10 from past experience. Hopefully staffing won’t be an issue that early.

What are the main differences you would say between a CL stay and a regular Deluxe stay?
Like many others have said the food and drinks in the lounge is a big plus to staying in the CL. Breakfast especially is a big time saver as we tend to get up early and it's so nice to not have to stand in any lines for breakfast. With all that said though I think there are a lot of other little things that make staying CL worth the price to us.
1) They can really help if you have a problem with any billing. I once noticed when we returned to the hotel that we had actually been double charged for our sit down lunch. Yes I could have gone to a guest service desk and had them help us at any deluxe hotel but it was nice to just stop at the CL desk and have them check into it for us and have the extra charge removed.

2) I once had a screw on my eye glasses loosen up and they had a tiny screw driver to fix it with.

3) My sister in law needed distilled water for her sleeping machine and we weren't driving that year so I called ahead and a gallon of distilled water was waiting in our room when we arrived.

4) I can't say how many times we have had help over the years with FP screw up's, lol!

5) It's really nice to only have to go a short way to find help when your MB refuses to open your room door, instead of way back to the main desk!

6) it's only happened once to us but the CL CM where such a huge help when our flight home was canceled and we got stranded at Disney.

We have stayed at a couple of different CL but our favorite by far is the BWI CL. The above list is just some of the "little" things that the CL CM have helped us with over the years. Have a great trip!

Thanks! For some reason I thought it had to be a specific CM. That's really good to know.

I'm not a very big coffee drinker (I'm much more of a tea person), but I do enjoy a mocha from time to time. My gf is a beer aficionado though and we'll probably get a lot of value out of the lounge just from that. We only did Captain Cooks for breakfast one time on our first Poly stay, and it was a total zoo. We preferred to grab pastries and things from Kona Island. Neither of us are huge breakfast eaters anyway so I think breakfast in the lounge will be perfect for us.
My husband hates coffee but loves his tea. You will be happy to know that the CL always have a large selection of Twinning's tea bags set out at all times. When we stay CL we like to do one sit down breakfast (Boma) and one breakfast at Epcot in France but other than that we really enjoy having breakfast in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter