Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi. I know this wasn't the question, but I'm just wondering if the AKL CL is open 24/7? We've only stayed at YC and BWI CLs and, while we could always get in the YC to get soda and ice cream, BWI’s lounge was closed overnight. Is AKL’s open all the time? Mostly looking for an early hangout while DH sleeps in. Thanks!

The lounge at AKL is open 24/7, meaning you can sit in it at any hour, but it is not staffed in the middle of the night, but I've been there as early as 5am just sitting sometimes, with no staff there. The only thing to eat/drink during those hours would be a piece of fruit that may still be out in the fruit bowl (like apples/orange/bananas) or if there is still something left in the fridge you may be able to grab something to drink if you aren't picky (like a soda or milk, but only if nobody cleaned it out). However, I was surprised how easy it was to get an alcoholic drink when staffing begins, even when it is not the advertised hours for alcohol (which I think is only 5-7pm, 8-10pm). For example getting a mimosa with breakfast, or wine with lunch, or a beer in the afternoon to bring to the pool.

The lounge at AKL is open 24/7, meaning you can sit in it at any hour, but it is not staffed in the middle of the night, but I've been there as early as 5am just sitting sometimes, with no staff there. The only thing to eat/drink during those hours would be a piece of fruit that may still be out in the fruit bowl (like apples/orange/bananas) or if there is still something left in the fridge you may be able to grab something to drink if you aren't picky (like a soda or milk, but only if nobody cleaned it out). However, I was surprised how easy it was to get an alcoholic drink when staffing begins, even when it is not the advertised hours for alcohol (which I think is only 5-7pm, 8-10pm). For example getting a mimosa with breakfast, or wine with lunch, or a beer in the afternoon to bring to the pool.
This is the case at ALL CL lounges.

Two king rooms is what I remember, but I think there were 2 or 3 queen rooms. There is a map of the rooms somewhere on the Dis. But it was 4 years ago, so I don’t remember if I saw it in the CR or CL thread. I bet @GADisneyDad14 has one. Looks like he’s at Studios today so maybe he’ll have more info when he checks back in.

Edit: both king rooms have a MK view. The queen rooms were 2 lake view & 1 MK view if I remember right. And the views were not guaranteed.

Not sure I followed the discussion here (and admittedly I’m kinda being lazy to go back and figure it out) but if you still are looking for whatever you tagged me for, let me know. :goodvibes

Not sure I followed the discussion here (and admittedly I’m kinda being lazy to go back and figure it out) but if you still are looking for whatever you tagged me for, let me know. :goodvibes
It was a question I had about the differences, and how to book them, in the CL at CR. But, we've changed our stay yet again. For now. I am still trying to change more.

Anyone at the YC that could share pics of what the Lounge has to offer for breakfast and dinner, and the adult beverage selection? My DH is getting super excited about our upcoming trip and was asking me what they have to offer at the lounge.

I‘m not there now, but stay at YC CL 2 or 3 times a year. The breakfast & appetizers have been pretty consistent the last few years. Breakfast usually has oatmeal or grits plus a hot item, such as mini quiche, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, crepes with strawberries & whipped cream. There are pre plated hard boiled eggs, usually 2 kinds of cold lunch meats (Turkey, roast beef, ham etc). There are mini pastries like danish & muffins, plus bagels & bread for toasting. There are 3 bowls of cut fruit: berries, watermelon & cantaloupe usually as well as 3 cold cereal (like fruit loops, corn flakes). Whole banana & apples are out all day. There is also yogurt but I don’t pay attention to that as I don’t eat it. Large beverage containers with milk, apple & orange juice.

Appetizers always have 2 hot items... I have seen salmon with grains & a citrus sauce, beef with mashed potatoes, Mac & cheese bar with a few add ins, mini pigs in a blanket, chicken nuggets, Buffalo chicken breast with blue cheese Aïoli, bacon wrapped scallops & meatball bombers. Last year they also has a soup like minestrone or tomato bisque. Not sure if they still have that. There are usually at least 3 cold items such as caprese salad, Greek salad, broccoli slaw, mixed olives, loaded potato salad, farro salad, beet salad as well as a small plated item ... shrimp ceviche, crostini with beef & horseradish cream & a crusted goat cheese. There are always crudités with dip, cold cheeses, rolls, peanut butter & jelly “shooters”.

Sorry, I don’t drink so I can’t comment on the adult beverages. But non alcoholic: lemonade, iced tea, sodas, storm along breeze & they also had POG juice the last time we were there.

Not sure when you’re going, but these are pretty typical of what is usually there. We’ll be there again starting Easter weekend, so I will be posting what‘s our that week.

Last edited:
It was a question I had about the differences, and how to book them, in the CL at CR. But, we've changed our stay yet again. For now. I am still trying to change more.

Ah, OK. CR Tower Club is kinda annoying to book as most of the rooms up there are only bookable by phone. Sometimes you call and get someone who doesn’t really know what you’re talking about and it’s hard to get full/accurate info. Sorry if already covered above.

So I did some Disney math and figured out that with the agency exclusive my TA has available on BC SV CL, if we eat most of our breakfasts in the lounge, get drinks/beers fom the lounge and hit up the apps, it's pracically a wash from our BC GV room we had booked. LOL!

You gotta love Disney math....lol. Congrats on the CL upgrade/discount. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I‘m not there now, but stay at YC CL 2 or 3 times a year. The breakfast & appetizers have been pretty consistent the last few years. Breakfast usually has oatmeal or grits plus a hot item, such as mini quiche, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, crepes with strawberries & whipped cream. There are pre plated hard boiled eggs, usually 2 kinds of cold lunch meats (Turkey, roast beef, ham etc). There are mini pastries like danish & muffins, plus bagels & bread for toasting. There are 3 bowls of cut fruit: berries, watermelon & cantaloupe usually as well as 3 cold cereal (like fruit loops, corn flakes). Whole banana & apples are out all day. There is also yogurt but I don’t pay attention to that as I don’t eat it. Large beverage containers with milk, apple & orange juice.

Appetizers always have 2 hot items... I have seen salmon with grains & a citrus sauce, beef with mashed potatoes, Mac & cheese bar with a few add ins, mini pigs in a blanket, chicken nuggets, Buffalo chicken breast with blue cheese Aïoli, bacon wrapped scallops & meatball bombers. Last year they also has a soup like minestrone or tomato bisque. Not sure if they still have that. There are usually at least 3 cold items such as caprese salad, Greek salad, broccoli slaw, mixed olives, loaded potato salad, farro salad, beet salad as well as a small plated item ... shrimp ceviche, crostini with beef & horseradish cream & a crusted goat cheese. There are always crudités with dip, cold cheeses, rolls, peanut butter & jelly “shooters”.

Sorry, I don’t drink so I can’t comment on the adult beverages. But non alcoholic: lemonade, iced tea, sodas, storm along breeze & they also had POG juice the last time we were there.

Not sure when you’re going, but these are pretty typical of what is usually there. We’ll be there again starting Easter weekend, so I will be posting what‘s our that week.
Thank you for this!! Everything sounds delicious! We'll be there the first week in May. I can't wait to hear what is out during your week!

The good part is that since you are staying at the BC you can walk to the IG and do it easily, It's only minimally harder than going to the front desk at the BC. I always enjoyed going to the IG GS our first night when we stayed in that area to handle any ticketing issues - it doesn't get any better than the very first night of a Disney trip. No stressing that it's almost over yet lol!

Thanks to all who responded.

Hi all! Does anyone have any information regarding Poly CL on New Years Eve/New Years day? We have a reservation and was wondering what they do special for the holidays, if anything.

MK does their special fireworks shows at 6:30pm and 11:50pm on both 12/30 and 12/31. Both shows are the same with the exception that the 11:50pm shows both nights also utilize a fireworks launch point from an island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon, which brings the fireworks even closer in the view frame from Poly.

Poly and Poly CL doesn’t do anything particularly special for 12/30, but does for 12/31. The main beach area is reserved for Poly resort guests, and in that area there is another section with chairs set up for Poly CL guests. This area was reserved for both shows this past 12/31. For the late show, they set up a table with some cheap wine for adults and sprite for the kids.

On 12/31 the main beach area has a DJ and characters come out to dance with the kids. It’s a blast, especially for the little ones.

The lounge is stocked/staffed/open until around 12 on 12/31.

They did more “special” evening apps and such when I first did Poly CL on NYE a few years ago. It’s been more basic recently.

But it’s still a great spot. Poly tends to do slightly different setups on the beach every year (probably with each new manager). This past year the setup was fantastic - they really enforced access (not always Poly’s strongest attribute) and it was great evening.

Some photos attached, FWIW.

Attachments

• IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3586.jpeg
    IMG_3586.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3756.jpeg
    IMG_3756.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3766.jpeg
    IMG_3766.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
Does anyone know if they have Coke Zero in the fridge at Old Faithful lounge? Also, i got the blue card in the mail from Disney signature and emailed them @ Disney.Signature.Services@DisneyWorld.com but I thought there was a direct phone number and email address specific to WL's Old Faithful signature service cast members. I tried searching this thread but I have not found it. Does anyone know if they do have a different email address and phone number? and if so will you message it to me?

They did tell me that coke zero is not stocked in the lounge which i find difficult to believe but i did have to ask for it at Kilimanjaro club lounge but they did start putting it in the fridge after several guests started asking for it. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke and Coke is just too sweet for me. I know first world problems....but since this is a club level forum then hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. TIA

Does anyone know if they have Coke Zero in the fridge at Old Faithful lounge? Also, i got the blue card in the mail from Disney signature and emailed them @ Disney.Signature.Services@DisneyWorld.com but I thought there was a direct phone number and email address specific to WL's Old Faithful signature service cast members. I tried searching this thread but I have not found it. Does anyone know if they do have a different email address and phone number? and if so will you message it to me?

They did tell me that coke zero is not stocked in the lounge which i find difficult to believe but i did have to ask for it at Kilimanjaro club lounge but they did start putting it in the fridge after several guests started asking for it. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke and Coke is just too sweet for me. I know first world problems....but since this is a club level forum then hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. TIA

People may have different takes on this, but in my opinion the direct contact for the WL CL is really more for during your stay and right before your stay communications.

WL CL is the one CL that does consistently reach out to guests directly in the days leading up to your stay - at that point you'll have the direct info and can make your Coke Zero request.

I wouldn't necessarily trust what DSS has to say about anything specific to any CL lounge - they are too far removed from those details to be 100% reliable.

Granted beverage selections can change at various CLs over time, but this pic is from April 2019 and they had Coke Zero at the time. FWIW.

Attachments

• IMG_8419.jpeg
    IMG_8419.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 20
This is the case at ALL CL lounges.
I know you stay at BWI a lot. When we were there in December, there were several times when the lounge was just closed. Is that unusual? (Like really early and really late)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter