Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hi all! Has anyone been to the GF in the last week or so? We are heading next week and I’m trying to set our expectations about the state of the lobby - if it’s solidly under construction or relatively accessible? We will love the GF either way, I just like to know going in. Thanks!

Hi all! Has anyone been to the GF in the last week or so? We are heading next week and I’m trying to set our expectations about the state of the lobby - if it’s solidly under construction or relatively accessible? We will love the GF either way, I just like to know going in. Thanks!
Two weeks ago there was no construction in the lobby 😊

Well it could be the Easter Decor. The eggs are so pretty ! Hopefully that’s all that is going on since it’s a yearly event.

Easter is March 31 this year so the eggs should be out soon.

Also,should not be intrusive,
Here I was hoping they were going to rush and do the lobby refurb before Easter goes up 🤭, lol, wishful thinking!

Last edited:

1900 Park Fare Exterior Gets a Fresh New Look Ahead of Re-Opening Day

The previously white doors are now a gorgeous shade of blue. Combined with the beautiful ornate woodwork, the dusty blue hue emphasizes the restaurant’s charming vintage vibe.

Meanwhile, the restaurant sign has also received a fresh coat of paint…

1900 Park Fare Sign Grand Floridian Fresh Paint

New Paint 1900 Park Fare

Blue Door 1900 Park Fare

Does anyone know if they are doing additional tree removal to help improve the room views? I really would like to request a marina view in either Sago or Conch Key, but there seems to be a ton of trees, particularly on the north side of Sago.

Conch key does seem to be the better bet as far as trees go currently.

Trip is planned for late January 2025.

Does anyone know if they are doing additional tree removal to help improve the room views? I really would like to request a marina view in either Sago or Conch Key, but there seems to be a ton of trees, particularly on the north side of Sago.

They don’t offer a marina view. I truly do not know if those are water or resort . For SL it used to be upon request what side you got. Conch I think is lagoon/water but not TPV to face marina.

If you have been to GF in the last year or so you can see they did take down some trees and trimmed bushes etc. With the room remodel they also did the exterior. Conch comes to mind as a great example of changes especially facing MK.

All the room category changes are annoying lol!

Best to call and place request just make sure you booked the correct category,

They don’t offer a marina view. I truly do not know if those are water or resort . For SL it used to be upon request what side you got. Conch I think is lagoon/water but not TPV to face marina.

If you have been to GF in the last year or so you can see they did take down some trees and trimmed bushes etc. With the room remodel they also did the exterior. Conch comes to mind as a great example of changes especially facing MK.

All the room category changes are annoying lol!

Best to call and place request just make sure you booked the correct category,
According to Touring Plans, *most* of the marina view rooms are listed as standard/resort views. I’m asking because I’d like to request a room facing the marina, but don’t want it to backfire and have a tree blocking my view.

I would really hope they’re not looking to remove precious trees just to “improve” a view to be honest…

did the GF ever have birds in the aviaries? If so, when did they stop putting birds in them, and what was the rationale?
Yes once upon a time there were birds in the cage near the double elevator, not sure when they removed them maybe when AK opened.

Here are some pics I took in the 90's, sorry they're so bad but if you look closely you can see the birds

Image 2.jpegImage 3.jpeg

Found out yesterday that our request (went through dvc rental store) for our November VGF stay was fulfilled! We'll be in a standard 1BR for 9 nights and we are so excited! It'll be our boys (5 and 2 at the time we travel) first trip to DW and while we were considering a few different resort options, the ability to walk to MK and the beauty of the GF won out for our first family DW trip. Planning to put in a room request to face the main building as I'd love to be able to watch the monorail come and go during our balcony downtime. Hoping the main lobby work is done by the time we travel (arriving Nov. 15) but either way, we can't wait!

I see the Beaches pool bar only serves food until 6PM on MDE
Does that schedule change with longer pool hours (end of spring / summer)?

Hi! We have a split stay booked in April for Beach Club and the Grand Floridian and we were wondering if someone could suggest a building for our room request. We have stayed at both the Poly and Contemporary before and loved being able to easily hop on the monorail to park hop at night. I have a standard water view room booked and was wondering what building would be closest to the monorail. I was also wondering how far the walk to MK is if we took the path? Thanks so much for any advice!!

Found out yesterday that our request (went through dvc rental store) for our November VGF stay was fulfilled! We'll be in a standard 1BR for 9 nights and we are so excited! It'll be our boys (5 and 2 at the time we travel) first trip to DW and while we were considering a few different resort options, the ability to walk to MK and the beauty of the GF won out for our first family DW trip. Planning to put in a room request to face the main building as I'd love to be able to watch the monorail come and go during our balcony downtime. Hoping the main lobby work is done by the time we travel (arriving Nov. 15) but either way, we can't wait!
Yep kiddos love mono watching! Enjoy :)
I see the Beaches pool bar only serves food until 6PM on MDE
Does that schedule change with longer pool hours (end of spring / summer)?
I don't eat at the pools later so not sure but when I am at Poly I do notice summer hours were later for food there. Keep an eye on times and hopefully there will be an update. You can mobile order at Gaspies if needed.
Hi! We have a split stay booked in April for Beach Club and the Grand Floridian and we were wondering if someone could suggest a building for our room request. We have stayed at both the Poly and Contemporary before and loved being able to easily hop on the monorail to park hop at night. I have a standard water view room booked and was wondering what building would be closest to the monorail. I was also wondering how far the walk to MK is if we took the path? Thanks so much for any advice!!
If you look at the map Sl and Sago would be closest to transportation. However Conch and BC really are not too far away, GF grounds are not too spread out.

At GF my main concern is a full balcony vs the dormer ones which are enclosed and hard to see out of if you plan on balcony time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter