(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has the monorail been lately? Has anyone had any issues.

I truly wish the boat was bigger (like the one WL uses) it would make staying at the Grand a little easier. I have to say we just stayed at WL and the boat was a pleasure not having to fold up the stroller and not having to wait for another boat because the boat is small. Truly wish for deluxe pricing the grand would have a bigger boat too
I'm sure the larger Castaway boats are more convenient if you have strollers or ECVs, but there is something charming about the little launches. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for peak hour traffic, during less busy times, though, they provide a lovely way to get to from point A to B. They are quieter and don't seem to have the amount of vibration as the Castaways. As you are closer to the water, you hear the lapping of the waves against the side and the breezes that come across the lagoon. We always make time to take the boat over to the Polynesian for some Dole Whip, then stroll home. It makes for a relaxing diversion.

May I wish my dear American Gfers a very Happy Thanksgiving? I hope you've had a lovely day!

Do they check your bags at TTC too???? i read that they do..

if so I'm just going to minnie van or uber it to epcot it sounds like a a lot of work lol

No - they check bags at the TTC for people who are parking there and entering for the first time, but once you've been checked at Poly monorail, you can transfer directly to the Epcot monorail with no bag check. You will, however, have one more bag check upon entering Epcot.

Happy Black Friday GF friends. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. After reading about all the upcoming trips to the GF, I decided to start planning one. Big problem. There are no rooms available in SL starting in June - August 8. I wonder if Disney has not opened up that block of rooms yet, or if SL is going to be under renovation? Has anyone had a problem booking SL for that time frame?

Could someone ask when they are at the GF about this? Thank you!

Happy Black Friday GF friends. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. After reading about all the upcoming trips to the GF, I decided to start planning one. Big problem. There are no rooms available in SL starting in June - August 8. I wonder if Disney has not opened up that block of rooms yet, or if SL is going to be under renovation? Has anyone had a problem booking SL for that time frame?

Could someone ask when they are at the GF about this? Thank you!

Interesting. Wouldn’t mind if it were for some work to either the rooms or lounge, TBH. :-)

Do they check your bags at TTC too???? i read that they do..

if so I'm just going to minnie van or uber it to epcot it sounds like a a lot of work lol

Yeah, what the PP said. You don’t go through security at the TTC if you’re coming via the resort monorail (you will have already gone through security at the GF monorail entrance). The only people that go through security at the TTC are 1) people who have parked there and 2) if you’ve walked there from Poly or GF.

I have found when we’ve stayed at GF I’m prone to take a taxi or uber TO Epcot, on occasion (depends on the time of day, etc). Sometimes just easier/quicker than monorail.

After three BWI club level trips we finally decided to try a different deluxe resort. We were going to book SL for our May 18-27 trip and nothing was available. :sad2:

We arrived at the GF on the Magical Express this morning at 10 am. The lobby is very busy with lots of visitors. Our room wasn't ready until 4:48pm, so we spent a couple of hours in the lobby waiting for our room ready text. I was just about to head to the check in desk when we finally got the text. Then our luggage didn't arrive until 7pm, which was ten hours after we landed. But we got our room requests, which were a nice view and lower floor, which was nice. I'll post pictures when we get back. It is very festive here and they are playing Christmas music at the courtyard pool. :)

We arrived at the GF on the Magical Express this morning at 10 am. The lobby is very busy with lots of visitors. Our room wasn't ready until 4:48pm, so we spent a couple of hours in the lobby waiting for our room ready text. I was just about to head to the check in desk when we finally got the text. Then our luggage didn't arrive until 7pm, which was ten hours after we landed. But we got our room requests, which were a nice view and lower floor, which was nice. I'll post pictures when we get back. It is very festive here and they are playing Christmas music at the courtyard pool. :)
Yikes!

That is really not cool.

I'm patient but 5p? And no luggage?

Sue I hope it goes better from here!

I arrive Friday!

Yikes!

That is really not cool.

I'm patient but 5p? And no luggage?

Sue I hope it goes better from here!

I arrive Friday!
That was the longest we've ever had to wait for a room. The only good thing was that we were able to listen to the piano player and the orchestra in the lobby while we were waiting. :)

Glad you’re settled! Hope to see you there!

24F34732-5491-4FE1-87A3-BC93A10CB414.jpeg 09B5A943-099D-4625-84F7-0CAA92101DF8.jpeg 54D7F12F-C4D3-4478-B905-B83EC1CBE99B.jpeg

Last edited:

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We have arrived at RPC! We love our room and are mesmerized by the lobby!

Have a good time and enjoy RPC :cloud9:.

Love the pics ladies!

::yes:: :thumbsup2

Is the December resort experience guide or yet? Thank you!!!
Do you mean the December activity schedule? I haven't seen one, but then I haven't loked for one, either. The 2018 bounceback offer is now in the booklet that they leave in the room. I was able to add a room for my sister to our June bounceback, so she is happy. :)

The weather is gorgeous, sunny and mild. It is a little cool for swimming unless you are in the sun, and then it is lovely. :)

Do you mean the December activity schedule? I haven't seen one, but then I haven't loked for one, either. The 2018 bounceback offer is now in the booklet that they leave in the room. I was able to add a room for my sister to our June bounceback, so she is happy. :)

The weather is gorgeous, sunny and mild. It is a little cool for swimming unless you are in the sun, and then it is lovely. :)

December activity schedule.
It sounds wonderful, thanks !!!

Page 3 rescue!

For all my GF friends who are at the GF now, please send pictures back to us of all the decorations. Would love to see the outside decorations.
I'll be there in a couple of weeks and am so excited to see the decorations again, but am a technically-challenged Dis-er who will not be sending you pics~ lol

Hard to believe it is only 13 days until we check in.

We are flying in a night early, and with our late arrival we intended to stay at the Hyatt at MCO and just take ME early the next morning. However, I called Disney yesterday and guest services kindly added on that first night to our reservation at GF, with our original (now expired) 30% offer code applied.

So we'll be heading straight to the Grand that night! :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter