Disney's James And The Giant Peach

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I remember when I first heard about this movie because at the same time my school was doing a play of James And The Giant Peach and my teacher told all of us about it. Now I read the book of James And The Giant Peach twice and thought it was a clever story and I wondered how James And The Giant Peach would become a movie. My teacher saw the movie before our play and she thought it was very clever and encouraged my classmates to watch it. I got to watch James And The Giant Peach sometime on Disney+ and thought the movie was really cool and the animation was the only thing I disliked about the movie. Although we didn't sing the songs in James And The Giant Peach in our play I thought they were cool especially when James sings the intro song My Name Is James and it's real cute. Was James And The Giant Peach a flop for Disney?

James and the Giant Peach was the follow-up to The Nightmare Before Christmas for director Henry Sellick. It uses the same type of stop-motion animation. Tim Burton was not involved. While it is a critical darling, it never really did well. Disney doesn't promote it much these days likely because the story is owned byt hte Roald Dahl estate. It's definitely a cult movie though.

Did you ever read the James And The Giant Peach book too Brian? I thought the book was very exciting but why Disney made a movie of James And The Giant Peach is the oddest thing I ever heard. I think had they used big name celebrity voice talent the movie would've done much better

Did you ever read the James And The Giant Peach book too Brian? I thought the book was very exciting but why Disney made a movie of James And The Giant Peach is the oddest thing I ever heard. I think had they used big name celebrity voice talent the movie would've done much better

I have not. I don't remember haivng a lot of Roald Dhal stuff around when I was a kid. He's honestly not one of my favorites, even Wonka. I do like the James and the Giant Peach movie because I am a big fan od stop motion animation and Henry Sellick.

I have not. I don't remember haivng a lot of Roald Dhal stuff around when I was a kid. He's honestly not one of my favorites, even Wonka. I do like the James and the Giant Peach movie because I am a big fan od stop motion animation and Henry Sellick.

Many kids were shielded from Dahl books--- I was.... they are MUCH different than the films---- Matilda probably the best example--- totally different--- the movies are extremely toned down !!

When you take a Roald Dahl book and try to make a movie out of it sometimes the results are alright while some fail. With James And The Giant Peach I think Disney was hoping it would be a good chance and took a gamble on it. Because I think people were not thrilled by the mix of live-action and animation in the movie and the lack of huge celebrity voice talent in James And The Giant Peach. But if there is a weakest movie of Disney's 90's history this movie is the one

Box office, James And The Giant Peach, basically broke even... but, for the most part, the critics loved it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter