Disney's Magical Express and DVC

Has anyone else encountered this?:

End of New Year's week, 4 am, waiting at OKW for ME (no one in sight). First a cab (4-dr) arrives and driver asks if we called a cab; we answer, "No." Then another cab (van this time) arrives and driver asks if we're going to airport. This second driver appears to know our name, but we're still looking for the ME BUS! While one of us went inside to the front desk to verify that this taxi-van was really ME, the driver showed me her mini-computer screen that showed our name and ME reservation info. And of course the cabbie is giving us attitude for us making her wait while we verify that she's not trying to kidnap and ransom our whole party. What a spooky situation at 4 am!?

I wish ME would have notified us that they might/would be subcontracting with a taxi company, but they didn't.

Has anyone else encountered this?:

End of New Year's week, 4 am, waiting at OKW for ME (no one in sight). First a cab (4-dr) arrives and driver asks if we called a cab; we answer, "No." Then another cab (van this time) arrives and driver asks if we're going to airport. This second driver appears to know our name, but we're still looking for the ME BUS! While one of us went inside to the front desk to verify that this taxi-van was really ME, the driver showed me her mini-computer screen that showed our name and ME reservation info. And of course the cabbie is giving us attitude for us making her wait while we verify that she's not trying to kidnap and ransom our whole party. What a spooky situation at 4 am!?

I wish ME would have notified us that they might/would be subcontracting with a taxi company, but they didn't.

Hopefully you complained to someone at Disney?:confused3

We just added on at VWL and the points were burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm taking my mom to Disney the first weekend in May. We lucked into a studio at OKW -- which I love -- but are waitlisted for VWL because it's our new "home". Our flight will get in about 8:00 p.m., and I plan on taking ME. I don't want to have to juggle luggage and mom through the airport if I can avoid it. Is it safe to assume that the luggage will get there the night we arrive? It's not like we'll need it right away, but I would hate to be hung up at the resort the next day waiting. . .
Thanks!
Lori

American Airlines just changed our return flight for spring break. Instead of leaving at 11:18, the flight now leaves at 9:27 a.m. (They also split us up into different rows which really ticked me off since I made my reservations 8 months ago). Anyway, We are staying at BCV, our first trip as owners. Does anyone know how early the magical express starts picking up and leaving for the airport. Thanks.

On our last trip in Jan, I noticed the hours for the airline rep at SSR was from 5am to 1pm. I didn't realize they closed up so early so we missed out on having our luggage checked for the return trip. The day before you check-out, you will receive a letter with your pick-up time as well as instructions. (If I had read that letter more closely, I wouldn't have been stuck checking in our own luggage at the airport!) They pick you up at your resort 3 hours before your scheduled departure. So if they are there at 5am, you should be fine since your estimated pick up time would be 6:30am. If you haven't all ready done so, make sure MS knows of the flight time change so they can alert the magical express people. Hope that helps!

Wow, I think I need another vacation, b/c I just realized that post was from last year! anyway, maybe it will help someone now with the same question! :rotfl:

We just added on at VWL and the points were burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm taking my mom to Disney the first weekend in May. We lucked into a studio at OKW -- which I love -- but are waitlisted for VWL because it's our new "home". Our flight will get in about 8:00 p.m., and I plan on taking ME. I don't want to have to juggle luggage and mom through the airport if I can avoid it. Is it safe to assume that the luggage will get there the night we arrive? It's not like we'll need it right away, but I would hate to be hung up at the resort the next day waiting. . .
Thanks!
Lori

Your bags can take several hours to arrive. Put anything needed during that time in your carry on. You do not have to be in your room when your bags are delivered.

Does anyone know if ME can be used one way only? I'm traveling with my son & his family to WDW this May. We've reserved a towncar to take us from MCO to WDW (my son doesn't want to use ME since we need two car seats). I'll be traveling by myself on the return trip back to MCO and wanted to use ME for that part - can I do it?

Thanks for the help! :sunny:

Yes, you can. We have used ME twice to get our daughter and then our son back to MCO from the BWV. (They had to leave before we did. :( )Just contact the Concierge at your Disney resort at least 24 hours before departure. They were flying Southwest so they put their bags on the bus and they checked in for their flight from Guest Relations 24 hours before flight time.

Does anybody know if ME is available to DVC guests renting points? As a guest, can I call member services to arrange for ME or does the member need to arrange this? Thanks.

Does anybody know if ME is available to DVC guests renting points? As a guest, can I call member services to arrange for ME or does the member need to arrange this? Thanks.
Yes it is available if you are renting points. However all information must be given by the DVC member since members only can call DVC. Just contact the owner of the points your renting and request him or her to call DVC to add ME to your reservation. Also if you would like DDP, he can request this for you as well. You pay for it at check in.

How much does ME cost for members? Is it so much each way, or a flat rate?

Steph - it's free!!! Used it last week for the first time. Leaving the airport DD asked why I had such a big smile on my face....it was the first time I got to enjoy the sights - since I'm always driving. Loved it!!

We have used it every year for the last 4 years. Every year they improve the process (wait time at counter and time the bus gets on its way) every year. We have been very happy and will continue to use the service!

Resort check-in is only available from certain airlines. I forget the whole list of them. But I can tell you that Delta is one of them, and that Southwest is not (yet anyway).

If your airline is included in resort check-in, then you can check a bag at the resort and ME will transport you to the airport and they will also transport your bag as well for you. If you have addt'l bags to check, you will have to do this on your own at the airport. ME will transport you with your extra bag/s though. You will just have to lug them to check-in at the airport.

It'll be this way apparently until they can figure out a way to collect excess bag fees at the resorts. Last time I checked, they did not have this in place yet.

Resort check-in is only available from certain airlines. I forget the whole list of them. But I can tell you that Delta is one of them, and that Southwest is not (yet anyway).

If your airline is included in resort check-in, then you can check a bag at the resort and ME will transport you to the airport and they will also transport your bag as well for you. If you have addt'l bags to check, you will have to do this on your own at the airport. ME will transport you with your extra bag/s though. You will just have to lug them to check-in at the airport.

It'll be this way apparently until they can figure out a way to collect excess bag fees at the resorts. Last time I checked, they did not have this in place yet.

Jet Blue is another.

Does the ME go to all star sports, pop & other value resorts from the airport? (I know they don't go to Swan or Dolphin) We are wanting to add a day to the front of our trip at a value resort before starting our DVC stay at AKV and don't know if we need to get a rental, town car or use ME. :confused:

Does the ME go to all star sports, pop & other value resorts from the airport? (I know they don't go to Swan or Dolphin) We are wanting to add a day to the front of our trip at a value resort before starting our DVC stay at AKV and don't know if we need to get a rental, town car or use ME. :confused:

I have ME to get me to Pop on Sunday, and ME from AKV for my return trip. You have to book them separately, Pop through CRO and the DVC segment through MS.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Last February seven of us traveled to OKW. We rented a car but not one large enough for all seven of us and the luggage so my son, his wife and her brother volunteered to "take the bus." DVC provided us with luggage tags for all seven bags. We had a National car rental where all we had to do was walk to the car and stop at the booth as we exited the airport. When we arrived at OKW the other three we already there! Our luggage arrived, in our room, within the hour.

Hoping someone can help with this question...

We are saying at AKV for 6 days. My mom will be joining us day 5. We are using a town car for transportation. Can we get ME for mom on day 5 of the reservation? Do we need to add her name to the reservation?

Thanks!!!

Hoping someone can help with this question...

We are saying at AKV for 6 days. My mom will be joining us day 5. We are using a town car for transportation. Can we get ME for mom on day 5 of the reservation? Do we need to add her name to the reservation?

Thanks!!!

If she is staying in your room, she has to be on your reservation and she will get DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter