"Disney's Marketing Now Starts in the Delivery Room"

“This is taking advantage of families at an extremely vulnerable time,” said Jeff McIntyre, director of national policy for the advocacy group Children Now.

Because nobody is allowed to think for themselves anymore.

When Disney starts their "cradle to grave" marketing, I want a Disney urn (perhaps the castle?) for my cremains.

Unless Disney is magically removing the free will of the parents and/or children noone "will get hooked on a parade of Disney products earlier than any family trying to save money would hope". They still have the ability to just say no.

If and when my husband and I have a child, I would like my free onesie. Disney already has my email address.

We are having a baby in a little less than two weeks. (Planned c-section) I can't wait to get my free onesie! :thumbsup2

If and when my husband and I have a child, I would like my free onesie. Disney already has my email address.

I was about to say- they have 3 of my email addresses, can't they just send me one?

I think this would be a great way for the NHS to raise some money! I understand women are vulnerable at that time, but it isn't like buying a house, it's an email address and a free item of clothing. My kids will already be dressed in Disney head to toe- I just know it!

We were just at DTD last weekend picking up a baby Mickey onesie, Mickey doll, Mickey rattle, Mickey socks, and infant Mickey ears... see:

181892_1782047267421_1126638451_32065740_2937861_n.jpg

168308_1782111269021_1126638451_32065835_3071824_n.jpg

Guess we are terrible parents. :)

I don't think that parents that WANT to get free stuff from Disney are bad (heck our house is full of mouse stuff)... the problem I have is that this is marketing starting in the hospital.

It bothers me not only that someone is doing it (and I'm very disappointed in two of my favorite companies... Disney and Fisher Price... participating in this) but that hospitals are even allowing this.

It is one thing for new parents to voluntarily contact Disney and receive swag for signing up w/ them, it is totally something different to have someone enter your hospital room while you are basking in the glow of new parenthood....and asking you to sign up for marketing programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter