• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any frequent visitors to the Poly have any insight regarding standard hotel rooms? Is there a building or location that is better to include as a request?

Also, is there a good place to bookmark (other than this board) for construction updates? We aren't visiting until next April so I'm hoping most of the work will be done by then.

Thank you!

Rarotonga is my favorite standard longhouse because it’s centrally located next to the GCH so you’re convenient to literally everything, including both pools. The back exit puts you right on top of the path going to the TTC and also the bus stop.

Rarotonga is my favorite standard longhouse because it’s centrally located next to the GCH so you’re convenient to literally everything, including both pools. The back exit puts you right on top of the path going to the TTC and also the bus stop.

I second this! Rarotonga is our favorite longhouse for standard view.

I third this! Rarotonga is our favorite longhouse for standard view.

Heading to Poly next month, the 13th-16th. Curious about pool security. It is just my husband and me this trip, but my brother and sister -in-law have reservations at Old Key West the 16th-18th. Could I add their names to my reservation on the night of the 15th so they could hang out at the pools with us during the day on the 16th? They are Florida residents so they can get there early and we are transferring to Beach Club that night, so we will just be hanging out at the pools once we check out.
yes all pools but I think Beach club pools

Last time we were at the Poly we had a monorail view room and I loved sitting out there with my morning coffee (or evening wine...) watching it whoosh by. Unfortunately this was 2019 and I have no clue what building, room number, or even how I requested the monorail room. Any building tips? Also, how do you all usually request rooms? I know touring plans has a way to do it, but not sure if there’s another way that is generally more successful. TIA!

Last time we were at the Poly we had a monorail view room and I loved sitting out there with my morning coffee (or evening wine...) watching it whoosh by. Unfortunately this was 2019 and I have no clue what building, room number, or even how I requested the monorail room. Any building tips? Also, how do you all usually request rooms? I know touring plans has a way to do it, but not sure if there’s another way that is generally more successful. TIA!

You'll want Rarotonga on the third floor for that. The third floor standard rooms look right out on the monorail beam. I believe Aotearoa standard rooms also have that view but don't quote me on that.

If it was a DVC studio, it could be Pago Pago.

You'll want Rarotonga on the third floor for that. The third floor standard rooms look right out on the monorail beam. I believe Aotearoa standard rooms also have that view but don't quote me on that.
If it was a DVC studio, it could be Pago Pago.

Thank you both! No DVC for us. Maybe it was Rarotonga...two years was a long time ago!

We have a DVC trip planned for Sept and I just got an email saying our room was being moved,

"Due to an upcoming refurbishment, your reservation in a Deluxe Studio accommodation will be moved to a Lagoon View hotel room at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. These accommodations feature 2 queen beds and a day bed, as well as a soaker tub, coffee maker and mini-refrigerator."

Sounds to me like maybe they are starting a DVC refurb? I'm wondering if we're going to be put in one of the new rooms. Husband is going to call shortly to try and sort it out. Anyone heard about a dvc refurb? All all the normal resort rooms going to be done by then?

Sounds to me like maybe they are starting a DVC refurb? I'm wondering if we're going to be put in one of the new rooms. Husband is going to call shortly to try and sort it out. Anyone heard about a dvc refurb? All all the normal resort rooms going to be done by then?

Yes, there is a soft-goods refurb planned for this year. My understanding is that they are trying to finish all the hotel room renovations for the July re-opening of the hotel side of the resort.

Yes, there is a soft-goods refurb planned for this year. My understanding is that they are trying to finish all the hotel room renovations for the July re-opening of the hotel side of the resort.

Interesting. I guess it was due. I guess we'll consider it an upgrade then even though it greatly diminishes our chances of a TPV. Hopefully the rest of the resort's renos will be done or close to by then. We haven't been in a few years and are bringing my sister and her husband for their first deluxe stay. I'm sure they'll be happy to have an actual bed instead of the sofa bed. :stitch2:

Interesting. I guess it was due. I guess we'll consider it an upgrade then even though it greatly diminishes our chances of a TPV. Hopefully the rest of the resort's renos will be done or close to by then. We haven't been in a few years and are bringing my sister and her husband for their first deluxe stay. I'm sure they'll be happy to have an actual bed instead of the sofa bed. :stitch2:
Have a fantastic trip!! Eat a dole whip for me. =)

I have a trip next year (I just got back 6 days ago but have a cruise that's been postponed 2x for next summer, and thus it's planning time especially because of 50th) and have booked 2 nights with a pool/lagoon view. Any recommendations for those? My thought is just get an upper level trying to look at the main pool as opposed to the quiet pool (sorry, haven't memorized names yet), but which house is best in y'all's opinion? From what I've seen, you ain't seeing much of the pool OR the lagoon from ground level.

I have a trip next year (I just got back 6 days ago but have a cruise that's been postponed 2x for next summer, and thus it's planning time especially because of 50th) and have booked 2 nights with a pool/lagoon view. Any recommendations for those? My thought is just get an upper level trying to look at the main pool as opposed to the quiet pool (sorry, haven't memorized names yet), but which house is best in y'all's opinion? From what I've seen, you ain't seeing much of the pool OR the lagoon from ground level.

We love Samoa! It is centrally located and on one side of the building is the Lava Pool and on the other side of the building is the Oasis Pool. Samoa used to be standard and was our longhouse of choice, but it's been reclassified and is now marina/pool view.

Any recent construction updates lately?
I was curious about this too. We will be there resort side opening day and I’m worried construction will not be as far along as I had hoped.
Someone mentioned on the tiki man fb page that the monorail might not open until September. I really hope that’s not the case.:snail:

I was curious about this too. We will be there resort side opening day and I’m worried construction will not be as far along as I had hoped.
Someone mentioned on the tiki man fb page that the monorail might not open until September. I really hope that’s not the case.:snail:
We canceled our July trip this week. Looks like we made the right decision. Going to Margaritaville in Hollywood, Florida instead, 2 ocean view rooms for half the price. DD wants to be married at the Grand Floridian Wedding Chapel and honeymoon at the Polynesian. We will be staying at the Grand along with the wedding party and guests. Better for us to save up now and enjoy WDW later.

I hope that the monorail opens sooner than later for everyone going this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter