Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lsdolphin I am so saddened to hear that your nephew passed away so suddenly last Friday. I hope that, in time, the many happy memories you created together will provide some comfort to you. Warmest wishes x

We just booked our first trip to the Poly for the last week in October. We're staying in a Deluxe Studio Villa. Is there daily housekeeping in the villas?

We just booked our first trip to the Poly for the last week in October. We're staying in a Deluxe Studio Villa. Is there daily housekeeping in the villas?

I believe you only get it if it's a cash reservation. (Meaning you booked thru disney and not dvc)
If you're renting on points, you can request daily mouse keeping for a daily fee. Otherwise it's on the fourth day.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Aloha. I'm staying at the Poly in April with my wife and 6 year old daughter. We just found out after we booked that friends of ours will be in Orlando at the same time. They're staying off property using their timeshare for a stay at the Holiday Inn at Orange Lake. We're going to spend one full day together starting with 8am Reservations at Be Our Guest, having dinner that night at Kona then back to MK for Wishes. We'd like to bring them back to the Poly for an afternoon break. My question is as visitors what amenities at the resort will they have access to while we're killing a few hours before dinner? Is there any way their 7 year old will be able to use the pool with my wife and daughter while his parents and I grab a few beverages at Trader Sam's, either by me paying for a day pass or adding him to the room reservation for one night? Also will his parents be able to use Valet Parking at the Resort that day considering they have dinner reservations that evening with us? Thanks in advance!

I could be wrong, but I think you can add him to the reservation for one night, UPON ARRIVAL. If you add him before, he'd have to have the same package options, but I've been told you can add someone the day of. That's just what I've been told though so I'd definitely check it out when you arrive.

I could be wrong, but I think you can add him to the reservation for one night, UPON ARRIVAL. If you add him before, he'd have to have the same package options, but I've been told you can add someone the day of. That's just what I've been told though so I'd definitely check it out when you arrive.

That would be awesome if so. Thanks!

We are booked! So exciting. I must admit the POLY was never on our bucket list but the more I read the more excited I get. We have been to Hawaii and love it so just figured we did not need it in WDW but the pictures are changing my thinking. We love POR and BC but probably POR a hair more due to the ambiance and walking around. We are going in July a season we have never been so figured being close to parks would be best.

My big question is like most peoples, what building to request? Usually our requests is no parking lot view but from what I gather there is not much to worry about since we are not in villas. Castle view honestly is not important to us (hence why we did not book it) as I like being submerged into the ambiance of the resort. That is why we like POR.

So if you want to feel a Polynesia vibe all around you including looking out your window what building would you request? I was thinking Fiji or Somoa?

We just got back from our first visit to the Polynesian and had a great time! We were in the DVC deluxe studio and found that that the transportation center was much closer than the ceremonial house. The monorail was a huge convenience especially with a stroller...but the best part was that we found the in room dining menu offered the same meal as 'Ohana!

If you have trouble getting into 'Ohana, just order the grand feast to the room. We did and found that 1 adult portion was more than enough for dinner and lunch for my wife and I.

We are leaving in 155 days and I am so excited!! We will be staying in the DVC deluxe studios and I can't wait to see them! We were there in January for the WDW Half and went to the Poly to look around. I like the changes that were made!! The Polynesian is my favorite resort and can't wait to get home!!

im booked in a standard view room in july what is the best section to be in to be close to the main pool, the ceremonial house and i guess the buses?

Due to its popularity, is there a go-to longhouse that reservations will assign you, if you request Samoa and it's not available? I realize that room assignment all depends on one's priority requests, but is there a next-in-line longhouse-assignment by default?

For those of you who didn't get Samoa, what did you request and what did you get? (Me? I'm deciding between Samoa and Fiji). I'd hate to request the most popular longhouse only to get my least desirable location.

Hmmmm....

Due to its popularity, is there a go-to longhouse that reservations will assign you, if you request Samoa and it's not available? I realize that room assignment all depends on one's priority requests, but is there a next-in-line longhouse-assignment by default?

For those of you who didn't get Samoa, what did you request and what did you get? (Me? I'm deciding between Samoa and Fiji). I'd hate to request the most popular longhouse only to get my least desirable location.

Hmmmm....
I'm also curious!
I'm nervous about requesting Samoa this time! I went with Rarotonga last time, amazingly convenient location. Not on top of the pool, but close enough. And with construction, I figured I had a better shot getting in a room facing the monorail at Rarotonga rather than one at Samoa. But this summer I want that amazing pool view!! I'm there Aug 22-28 so I'm hoping lower crowds will help. Still nervous though!

What's the best way to request a building/floor/room? I called Disney yesterday and the cast member told me that I could request all that stuff when I arrive at the resort, but was hoping to be able to request it ahead of time.

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken

I am so very sorry.

What's the best way to request a building/floor/room? I called Disney yesterday and the cast member told me that I could request all that stuff when I arrive at the resort, but was hoping to be able to request it ahead of time.

Eeek! No, don't wait! Call back and put in your request. You can do online checkin at 60 days prior to checkin. You can also fax a request 4 days out and if you're a member of touring plans, they'll even fax a request for you. Just don't wait. Waiting would mean they don't have the opportunity to "prepare" a room based on your requests (which they try to fill).

I do all three! :rolleyes1

Ok, so we are staying in a DVC lakeview studio in June, but have decided to come in a night earlier due to airfare prices being WAY cheaper. Unfortunately there are no studios available for the night at this point so we are just going to book a standard room for the one night then switch over to the studio the next day. My question is where should I request a room at? Should I just be vague and request a room close to GCH and Oasis pool? Also, all the lakeview studios are in Moorea correct? How long would you stay the walk to the monorail and GCH house is from there?

I just had a dream (nightmare?!) that I booked a lakeview studio, got one that didn't have a view of the castle and requested a different room, and they put me in a "luxury tent." It was awful. Thank god I woke up and realized there is no "luxury tent" room type available.
Well, not all of the Lake View Studios have Castle views. Consider it this way: If Disney could charge for Theme Park View, they would. They called all of this longhouse Lake View for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter