Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT A BUMMER!! When do they extend the hours? What about in Sept.?

I think they reduce the hours around the end of September. Its around the same time they stop doing fireworks every night.

Don't count on this, but I know that they have always allowed my 10 yr old daughter in the splash area as long as she is respectful and not causing problems. It may be because she has younger sibs in there though...
They allow grown ups on to play with the littles, too.

I think it's more "hey, big kids, this isn't for you to play on as a primary activity." If you're there with a sibling and behaving appropriately, they won't get hyper. If you're being Those Big Kids who take over an area meant for littles, they'll redirect you.

They allow grown ups on to play with the littles, too.

I think it's more "hey, big kids, this isn't for you to play on as a primary activity." If you're there with a sibling and behaving appropriately, they won't get hyper. If you're being Those Big Kids who take over an area meant for littles, they'll redirect you.
I'm glad to hear this because I'd love for my older two to be able to play with their 2 yr old sister while my husband or I supervise.

Don't count on this, but I know that they have always allowed my 10 yr old daughter in the splash area as long as she is respectful and not causing problems. It may be because she has younger sibs in there though...
I will second this - my 7 YO DD (who is well over 48") was allowed to play in the splash area with her 4 YO brother in December, just couldn't go down the slides. Heck, even DH and I were in there from time to time!!

Was anyone able to grab a summer room discount yesterday? My TA said there were no standard rooms available yesterday morning for the 3rd week in August. They must have either gone very quickly, or there weren't very many.

Yes, I was able to get a discount for a standard room the last week of June. Standard was the only thing available. No lagoon view, no club level. Good luck getting something for your dates!

A few days ago

wdw3-16%20127.jpg

wdw3-16%20118.jpg

wdw3-16%20120.jpg

wdw3-16%20092.jpg

wdw3-16%20089.jpg

wdw3-16%20110.jpg

wdw3-16%20099.jpg
Thanks for the pics! They make me happy!:flower1:

We are here now and enjoying our second day relaxing by the new Oasis pool! It is fantastic! While apparently the official opening isn't until the 17th they are open for business! The furniture is comfortable and it's not too over crowded. The pool and deck area seem bigger than the old pool. There is also pool-side service for the bar & grill, with servers who will take your order and bring drinks and food to you. We're actually bummed we'll have to pack up later to head to the parks LOL
YAY!!!!!! Thanks for the info!!!!!:dogdance:

One last question... Are there showers near the pool area? I was hoping to shampoo my hair there in order to save some time since we have a photo shoot at 7:00. I was hoping to swim with the boys until 5:00pm wash my hair and head up to the room to get ready. Then meet the boys and the hubby to quickly watch the torch lighting Ceremony before they head back to the room to get ready. Hoping the Torch Lighting Ceremony will be around 6:00pm. Could this plan work?

One last question... Are there showers near the pool area? I was hoping to shampoo my hair there in order to save some time since we have a photo shoot at 7:00. I was hoping to swim with the boys until 5:00pm wash my hair and head up to the room to get ready. Then meet the boys and the hubby to quickly watch the torch lighting Ceremony before they head back to the room to get ready. Hoping the Torch Lighting Ceremony will be around 6:00pm. Could this plan work?

Yes there is a shower at the pool. I don't think I understand why you can't shower in the room but torch lighting is Tuesday - Saturday at 6:00 at the gathering place next to the Pineapple Lanai and captain Cook's.

How is Disney about getting you adjourned rooms? We have a big family going and have requested it at the Poly.

Yes there is a shower at the pool. I don't think I understand why you can't shower in the room but torch lighting is Tuesday - Saturday at 6:00 at the gathering place next to the Pineapple Lanai and captain Cook's.
I am fe
I will give you one word.... Female. Being female I can take for ever bathing especially if no one is in the room to hurry me along. If all I have to do is get dressed when I get back to the room I just might make it in time lol!! I may even bring my change of clothes to the pool with me. Then we can watch the torch lighting ceremony and head back to the room so the rest of the family can get ready. They do not need as much time as me and this way they can swim longer

I am fe

I will give you one word.... Female. Being female I can take for ever bathing especially if no one is in the room to hurry me along. If all I have to do is get dressed when I get back to the room I just might make it in time lol!! I may even bring my change of clothes to the pool with me. Then we can watch the torch lighting ceremony and head back to the room so the rest of the family can get ready. They do not need as much time as me and this way they can swim longer
You are not alone! I have used showers in fitness rooms so that the shower can be free in the hotel room. That isn't an option at the Poly and I'm not hiking to GF just for that! Can you imagine having 2 teenage daughters and a teenage son? That is why we're doing the studio villa this year! My husband said there was no way he could deal with just one shower and the 5 of us!

I am fe

I would not suggest bringing your clothes to the showers at the Lava pool and I have not seen what the new Oasis pool shower looks like but the one at the Lava pool can be very wet inside. Not many places to keep clothes without them on a wet surface. The Oasis pool might be a better choice.

We are renting points for a studio checking in April 2. DS and I will be coming from AoA and meeting DH there. I'm not sure what time we will leave AoA but I wouldn't mind doing online check in so that we are just texted when the room is ready and will head out from AoA then (if that's possible… please correct me if I'm wrong). The owner was kind enough to make some room requests for us… if they aren't met, I'd like to talk to the front desk and see if they can move me. (My requests are Upper Floor, Tokelau-- of course I'd love one of the rooms that have a partial view of the castle, but I'll happily take anything that meets those 2 requests.) So my question is, if I enter the room and decide to go talk to the front desk, is that a problem that I've entered the room because it's DVC? I swear I remember reading somewhere that they want to charge you a cleaning fee if you do this… but maybe I dreamed it because I've been planning this trip so long. LOL

I would not suggest bringing your clothes to the showers at the Lava pool and I have not seen what the new Oasis pool shower looks like but the one at the Lava pool can be very wet inside. Not many places to keep clothes without them on a wet surface. The Oasis pool might be a better choice.
May be better to just go back to the room them. The boys will want to swim in the theme pool and since we are staying DVC this time around it may be just as close to go back to the room. I will just have to hurry.

You are not alone! I have used showers in fitness rooms so that the shower can be free in the hotel room. That isn't an option at the Poly and I'm not hiking to GF just for that! Can you imagine having 2 teenage daughters and a teenage son? That is why we're doing the studio villa this year! My husband said there was no way he could deal with just one shower and the 5 of us!
Ouch!! God was kind giving me three boys lol!!! Can not imagine what getting ready with teenage daughters is like!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter