Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it. Had been looking forward to watching the Hallowishes fireworks from the Poly beach ever since we booked 7 months ago. Tonight we waited out on the beach with the crowd...no sound. What a disappointment. On the plus side, the 360 finale looked stunning from that vantage point.

Those who are familiar, was the lack of sound a glitch or is that normal? I asked here up thread before we left home and I thought someone answered that there was music on the beach.

Hmm, if there was no music then someone made a mistake or they're not piping in Hallowishes music this year (which would seem odd to me). We stayed a week in Hawaii last October and watched several party fireworks from our balcony. The music was blaring. We never watched from the beach area but I always assumed you could hear it just fine there too as it's just to the "left" of where our room was.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but you're right, the perimeter view from that angle is fantastic.

For those that have stayed in the DVC Studio at Polynesian, has anyone done it with a family of 5? (We have 2 adults, 5,11,13) Comfortable or too cramped? We don't spend load of time in the room, usually get a 1 bedroom but have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian. Thanks!
If the 11 and 13 year old get along and don't mind sharing the pull out bed, I think it will work.

We definitely had music on the beach in July, but I've heard reports that sometimes some speakers work better than others. What a bummer!
There was no music anywhere on the beach that we could hear. We were on the beach in front of the volcano pool...I could just barely tell that there was sound in the CL lounge.

On a different note....we LOVE the Poly! It might be our second favorite behind Bay Lake Tower. The grounds are gorgeous, our room in Tokelau is close to everything and the room is huge. The Oasis pool was a delight...note to folks enjoying the pools: PLEASE leave the ducks alone. Don't let your kids chase them, splash them, or bother them. All afternoon yesterday kids were chasing the ducks when they landed in the pool And some parents were egging them on.

The monorail access is super. All the CMs have been great. My parents who are with us are very social and have been chatting up a storm with the CMs. Everyone has been great. Mom had her first Dole Whip swirl last night and loved it.

We hit DHS and knocked out everything by noon and now we are taking a midday break to recharge before we go back tonight for Star Wars fireworks. Gonna try Capt. Cooks for lunch!

Does the fireworks music play loud enough to hear well on the beach? If not, is there a better place to watch from the resort where you can hear well?
On 9/7 there was music playing loudly on the beach during Wishes, but on 9/9 there was not music playing on the beach. You could kind of here it off in the distance, but nothing like on the first night.

Just an update on transportation to MK in the morning when monorail is down- We were at the bus stop at 7:17, the bus was really late, and we didn't arrive to MK until after 7:50 (for 8am park opening). It also stopped at GF after picking us up. We called the front desk that morning, and they told us that the Poly boat service would start at 7:30. Maybe we should have tried that or walked to TTC for ferry. Oh well... Just something to think about for future guests.

Just an update on transportation to MK in the morning when monorail is down- We were at the bus stop at 7:17, the bus was really late, and we didn't arrive to MK until after 7:50 (for 8am park opening). It also stopped at GF after picking us up. We called the front desk that morning, and they told us that the Poly boat service would start at 7:30. Maybe we should have tried that or walked to TTC for ferry. Oh well... Just something to think about for future guests.
We had two CMs tell us the boat was running early on Saturday....got to boat dock to find out it wasn't.

just under 180 days, dining ressies made, so excited to be staying at POLY March 2017

Your trip will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

On a different note....we LOVE the Poly! It might be our second favorite behind Bay Lake Tower. The grounds are gorgeous, our room in Tokelau is close to everything and the room is huge. The Oasis pool was a delight.

Glad you love the Poly and are having a good time :).

Can anyone else weigh in on the music situation for Hallowishes? Since there's been a couple of parties there should be some kind of "typical" Poly viewing experience.

Yes, please report on the music on beach during Hallowishes. I was hoping to watch them from the Poly beach next month. We could head over to the DVC lounge at BLT, but prefer to stay at Poly.

We had two CMs tell us the boat was running early on Saturday....got to boat dock to find out it wasn't.
We were told the monorail would not start to Epcot until 9:30 so we walked down to the bus only to be told the monorail was running already. When u asked at the desk the CM told me the monorail always starts before opening every day to Epcot- which even according to the schedule is not true. I really wish they got their CMS up to date on what's going on.

Can anyone else weigh in on the music situation for Hallowishes? Since there's been a couple of parties there should be some kind of "typical" Poly viewing experience.

Yes, please report on the music on beach during Hallowishes. I was hoping to watch them from the Poly beach next month. We could head over to the DVC lounge at BLT, but prefer to stay at Poly.

Just asked my Cousins who are at the Poly, the last 2 parties they have watched Hallowishes on the Poly Beach and no music could be heard. They moved around the 2nd night to try to find some but no luck.

Just asked my Cousins who are at the Poly, the last 2 parties they have watched Hallowishes on the Poly Beach and no music could be heard. They moved around the 2nd night to try to find some but no luck.

That's a bummer.

^^ I really wonder if this is a technical snafu or this is a change that was done on purpose this year. Like I said above we watched two party fireworks from our balcony in Hawaii last year and had great sound. I would be pretty ticked if that were not still the case. Maybe there's a management reason no to do it? Crowds? Money?

^^ I really wonder if this is a technical snafu or this is a change that was done on purpose this year. Like I said above we watched two party fireworks from our balcony in Hawaii last year and had great sound. I would be pretty ticked if that were not still the case. Maybe there's a management reason no to do it? Crowds? Money?
I'm wondering if they would prefer folks buy party tickets for the full effect?

We will be staying at Poly for the first time in about 2 1/2 weeks. We are doing a split stay between here and CBR. We have only ever stayed in Moderates but have always loved visiting Poly, so we took the plunge and added on a couple of extra days. I have really enjoyed reading through this thread and thankful for all the information shared! The only requests we made were to be on upper floor with balcony, but did not request a specific longhouse. Can't wait to be there and as @scott_flute said below, we will be heading to Pineapple Lanai as soon as we check in.
Woo! Us too!! I'm running to Pineapple Lanai as soon as we step onto Disney property! :P

We will be staying at Poly for the first time in about 2 1/2 weeks. We are doing a split stay between here and CBR. We have only ever stayed in Moderates but have always loved visiting Poly, so we took the plunge and added on a couple of extra days. I have really enjoyed reading through this thread and thankful for all the information shared! The only requests we made were to be on upper floor with balcony, but did not request a specific longhouse. Can't wait to be there and as @scott_flute said below, we will be heading to Pineapple Lanai as soon as we check in.

The Poly is awesome, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Just made Poly pur home DVC resort. So ready for dole whips! Now just have to wait a year. Must be patient.

Congrats on Poly DVC! The year will go fast. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

FYI, I called the reservation line for water sports and found out that you can now book cabanas. Apparently they are returning not sure of what they will look like etc. We just booked for 9/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter