Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the boat launch from Poly or the TTC? And is there a difference between the ferry and boat transportation? Perhaps both are available.

Most/many people will call the GF-Poly-MK boat the "Resort Launch." These are the smaller boats and they board at the Poly boat dock.

When people say "MK Ferry" they are usually referring to the large boat that takes people from the TTC to the MK and back. Walking over to the TTC to take the Ferry to the MK can be an option when at Poly, if so inclined (although other methods of transport are often faster, I'd only do this as a last resort if other options are messed up).

How do people in general feel about the Poly boat launch to MK? Is is reliable? I have had a bad experience where there there was a line down the whole dock and waited 20min without a boat showing up and then bailed for the bus because monorail was down and then the busses were too full too take our mom's scooter...if we had just walked to TTC after eating at Ohana and caught a Ferry to MK it would have save 45min or an hour

How do people in general feel about the Poly boat launch to MK? Is is reliable? I have had a bad experience where there there was a line down the whole dock and waited 20min without a boat showing up and then bailed for the bus because monorail was down and then the busses were too full too take our mom's scooter...if we had just walked to TTC after eating at Ohana and caught a Ferry to MK it would have save 45min or an hour

We rarely take the Poly boat launch to MK. Simply because when the monorail breaks down, the boat launch can become very backed up. It has smaller capacity and takes longer than the other options. It's not like they can call in another boat if the first one is full. Bus, monorail, and ferry all have extras running. Current monorails are long past their life expectancy.

However, if we're not in a hurry the boat to MK is the very relaxing.

I use it often because i stay at both gf and poly regularly. I like it if i have time to kill but for RD or FP soon I use the monorail.

If I leave MK i try launch 1st. If no line ( just missed) i dont wait. If a reasonable line i jump in. TOO long a line I dont risk it.

Everyone on this board is awesome! Thanks for all the tips and answers.

Is Anyone currently there - or anyone who was recently there - who can take a photo of the fountain drink options? Just trying to decide if the refillable mug is worth it.

Thanks!
No photo but I can tell you they are Coke products. They did offer a poweraide option and lemonade mix, pomegranate I think. If you're not really a soda or coffee/tea drinker it wouldn't be worth the cost unless you're counting it as a souvenir :)

My general rule of thumb... I do a visual check of the boat dock/lagoon area to check the line and if I see a boat anywhere in sight. If the line is small/manageable and I see a boat heading towards Poly...I’ll tend to opt for the boat.

But if I see a long line and a boat has just pulled away and heading towards the MK... I’ll usually pass.

I tend to take the boat going back to Poly more than I take it to MK. Usually after a park visit we enjoy sitting for a bit, the water views, etc - and don’t mind the added time of the GF stop on the way to Poly. Sometimes we might even get off at GF, grab a to-go drink at Mizners, and walk back to Poly.

My general rule of thumb... I do a visual check of the boat dock/lagoon area to check the line and if I see a boat anywhere in sight. If the line is small/manageable and I see a boat heading towards Poly...I’ll tend to opt for the boat.

But if I see a long line and a boat has just pulled away and heading towards the MK... I’ll usually pass.

I tend to take the boat going back to Poly more than I take it to MK. Usually after a park visit we enjoy sitting for a bit, the water views, etc - and don’t mind the added time of the GF stop on the way to Poly. Sometimes we might even get off at GF, grab a to-go drink at Mizners, and walk back to Poly.

The boat stops at GF first and then goes to MK after, correct? If the boat gets full at GF will it skip Poly or it comes no matter what and we could be waiting for a boat for awhile if it keeps filling up at GF?

The boat stops at GF first and then goes to MK after, correct? If the boat gets full at GF will it skip Poly or it comes no matter what and we could be waiting for a boat for awhile if it keeps filling up at GF?
Triangle, MK GF POLY

It still comes to poly if full at gf because there will be people that boarded at MK and GF that will get off at Poly.

Yes, it goes in a GF-Poly-MK loop. Although I’ve never seen a boat so full it skips Poly. There tends to always be plenty of people getting on/off at all of the stops at any any given time.

More often than not there are people on the boat to Poly that intend to get off at Poly to eat, shop, etc. Even in the mornings, not everyone is heading to the MK. Someone at GF may have an Ohana breakfast and is taking the scenic route. Say you’re at AoA and also have an Ohana reservation - one option for you is to take the bus to MK, then boat over to Poly. I guess point being, there are enough people on different travel agendas that it needs to make the regular stops, even if full.

Also lastly...can’t prove it with stats of course, but I’d be willing to bet - on average - a large majority of the GF guest population would opt for the monorail to MK since it’s one stop away, vs the boat - which will almost always be longer.

Sorry, way long winded there!

What about in the morning prior to park opening?

They don't usualy start early enough for me. Last time i tried gf 1st boat was 8:30 for a 9am. It still had to go to poly yet too. I wouldn't risk that for headliners at rope drop.

However not every one needs 7dmt orSM.

They don't usualy start early enough for me. Last time i tried gf 1st boat was 8:30 for a 9am. It still had to go to poly yet too. I wouldn't risk that for headliners at rope drop.

However not every one needs 7dmt orSM.

So in this case either monorail or ferry would be my best option. Thank you

To go drinks from GF?! You’re just full of the best ideas! :smickey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter