Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To access the pathway from GF you go towards the beach and follow path that runs along the water in front of the villas. If you try the other side of the villas you end up having to cut through grass which is not a good idea in Florida in the dark .

I have used the path for years and all hours of the day, enjoy the walk it’s lovely!
Stayed there this past weekend and took this walk one morning to go to GF cafe for breakfast. It was a beautiful walk and the weather was amazing. Can imagine it being rough in the humidity though.

Question...

So it appears July 19 may be the target date for reopening the rooms - thanks to the stupid city of New York, my 50th birthday plans have been turned upside down, and Disney is looking like it, so I'm pondering location options. No non-DVC show up for July 18-23 but they are July 19-24.

How comfortable would you be booking the 19th? Especially if you don't want to be moved to the Grand Floridian or the Wilderness Lodge DVC options (I know I'm weird, but the WL themeing doesn't appeal to me and I don't feel like I could relax in the Grand Floridian because I'm not a fancy person).

Just my opinion.

If Disney is showing availability starting on July 19, then I'd be pretty comfortable booking. I think the last thing they'd want to do is end up changing reservations on people yet again, so whatever date they list will be pretty solid. If things do slip a bit, it would most likely result in not all the rooms being available on that date; but they can still open the resort even if they're still working on the last building. I expect the work on the GCH will be complete well before the rooms are done, as that is obviously their initial priority.

Steve

Just my opinion.

If Disney is showing availability starting on July 19, then I'd be pretty comfortable booking. I think the last thing they'd want to do is end up changing reservations on people yet again, so whatever date they list will be pretty solid. If things do slip a bit, it would most likely result in not all the rooms being available on that date; but they can still open the resort even if they're still working on the last building. I expect the work on the GCH will be complete well before the rooms are done, as that is obviously their initial priority.

Steve

Thank you! I get that it is just your opinion, but my initial thinking was along those lines. Not totally decided yet, but staying at my dream resort would definitely take some of the sting out of not doing what my initial plans for my 50th were.

Question...

So it appears July 19 may be the target date for reopening the rooms - thanks to the stupid city of New York, my 50th birthday plans have been turned upside down, and Disney is looking like it, so I'm pondering location options. No non-DVC show up for July 18-23 but they are July 19-24.

How comfortable would you be booking the 19th? Especially if you don't want to be moved to the Grand Floridian or the Wilderness Lodge DVC options (I know I'm weird, but the WL themeing doesn't appeal to me and I don't feel like I could relax in the Grand Floridian because I'm not a fancy person).
Thank you for this head's up! We were to be at the Poly the week before this. I was able to get a reservation prior to them taking them offline. We are flexible on dates so I switched to the week of the 19th too. If we need to switch again, no biggie but I would rather stay at Poly than my backup plans.

Thank you for this head's up! We were to be at the Poly the week before this. I was able to get a reservation prior to them taking them offline. We are flexible on dates so I switched to the week of the 19th too. If we need to switch again, no biggie but I would rather stay at Poly than my backup plans.

You're welcome!

I chatted with my TA, and she said that while it's no guarantee, in her experience (and she's been a TA for many years), Disney tends to pad their reopen dates after refurbs in case of delays, and she echoed @Fangorn in thinking that even if not all room buildings are done, by that point they should be down to only one they're working on and she felt like the GCH will be finished.

Hello 50th birthday trip staying in a TPV room at the Poly!!

You're welcome!

I chatted with my TA, and she said that while it's no guarantee, in her experience (and she's been a TA for many years), Disney tends to pad their reopen dates after refurbs in case of delays, and she echoed @Fangorn in thinking that even if not all room buildings are done, by that point they should be down to only one they're working on and she felt like the GCH will be finished.

Hello 50th birthday trip staying in a TPV room at the Poly!!
What a great trip for the big 5-0! It should be fabulous!!

Question...

Talk about cutting it close. We are booked at the Poly for July 20-27th! If nothing goes wrong (at this point I expect everything to go wrong) we will be in a brand-new room!

Oh, I hope the Poly does reopen on July 19th! We have a trip booked for August 1st-14th and I’d love to be able to split our stay with the Poly.

I'm really hoping my TA is right. I would NOT be happy at the Grand Floridian (which seems to be where most people who have been moved have been placed). :(

I'm really hoping my TA is right. I would NOT be happy at the Grand Floridian (which seems to be where most people who have been moved have been placed). :(
Honestly? If you’re booking for opening day and you’re adamant about not being moved to particular resorts if the opening is delayed, I’d recommend booking your second choice now so you don’t end up being disappointed.

Honestly? If you’re booking for opening day and you’re adamant about not being moved to particular resorts if the opening is delayed, I’d recommend booking your second choice now so you don’t end up being disappointed.

As I said, I'll just ask for a downgrade (and my TA knows that) if they try to put me in the Grand Floridian.

It's already a second-choice trip because the City of New York was stupid and cruel so my first choice can't happen.

As I said, I'll just ask for a downgrade (and my TA knows that) if they try to put me in the Grand Floridian.

It's already a second-choice trip because the City of New York was stupid and cruel so my first choice can't happen.
The problem is, even a downgrade might not be that simple if they realize 2-3 weeks before opening or even sometime next spring that there Is a delay in re-opening the Poly rooms. It’s hard to know at this point which resorts will be at maximum capacity by then.

Feeling hopeful for July 2021...
This morning, I made our park reservations for our trip. We plan on going early in the morning, and leaving earlier than we usually do since it will be HOT and wearing masks will no doubt be miserable. I also plan on booking a Patio at the pool every day so that we can socially distance from others and enjoy our pool time in the late morning/afternoon. I feel that our comfort and peace of mind is worth spending the extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter