Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

How convenient are the buses to HS or AK for rope drop? Would it be better to drive? (we have out own car.)
What dd and I do is walk to the bus stop. If the time board says arriving soon AND there’s not too many people waiting we take the bus.
IF we just missed it or it’s crazy crowded we book a ride share/you’d just drive,

If taking a break from driving and getting dropped off close to entrance is important I would give it a shot. You have your own back up if needed.

We walk to TTC and mono to Epcot. For return we mono from Epcot to ttc and sometimes walk but usually mono to poly since it’s one stop away.

I always drive to Ep, HS, and AK. It saves so much time waiting for buses.
I know it might save some time, but Honestly when I'm down in Disney, I always want them to do the driving, regardless....It puts me more in the bubble if that makes sense.... & we've driven3 times.... All 3 times that van has stayed put till when we left. :confused3

I know it might save some time, but Honestly when I'm down in Disney, I always want them to do the driving, regardless....It puts me more in the bubble if that makes sense.... & we've driven3 times.... All 3 times that van has stayed put till when we left. :confused3
I am a big Disney bubble person and used to feel the same way about driving, although I never liked Disney buses. Then, I had a rental car on a WDW trip, and I was amazed at the convenience, consistency, relaxation, and time savings of driving from the resorts to the theme parks (except MK) and MCO Airport. I play Disney Park music on the car ride.

Disney Vacation Club Tower Construction Goes Vertical at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Here’s a closer look at the first vertical piece of construction.

polynesian-village-disney-vacation-club-vertical-construction-1-933x1400.jpg
polynesian-village-disney-vacation-club-vertical-construction-2.jpg
polynesian-village-disney-vacation-club-vertical-construction-5.jpg

Good aftrenoon, I posted this in the transportation. We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time this April. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in the past and we always try our best to be at the parks early for rope drop. Looking back at past itineraries (I have a planning obsession problem) At the WL we typically were on the bus by 7:20 and were at MK security by about 7:45 and gates opened at 8:00 for 8:30 AM early entry. Now that we are staying at the Polynesian my thought is that we will be using the monorail for transportation to MK. The Disney website formally says the monorail starts running 30 minutes prior to park open, but in reading other websites like allears.net it seems it starts earlier than that. Can anyone confirm recent experience?

https://allears.net/walt-disney-world-transportation-monorails-and-trains/

Good aftrenoon, I posted this in the transportation. We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time this April. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in the past and we always try our best to be at the parks early for rope drop. Looking back at past itineraries (I have a planning obsession problem) At the WL we typically were on the bus by 7:20 and were at MK security by about 7:45 and gates opened at 8:00 for 8:30 AM early entry. Now that we are staying at the Polynesian my thought is that we will be using the monorail for transportation to MK. The Disney website formally says the monorail starts running 30 minutes prior to park open, but in reading other websites like allears.net it seems it starts earlier than that. Can anyone confirm recent experience?

https://allears.net/walt-disney-world-transportation-monorails-and-trains/
If I remember correctly the first resort monorail was about 745am for an 830am early entry. There have been times when we have taken the first ferry (which was also 745am) from TTC and that was quicker. We stay on the DVC side so we walk to TTC and either take the boat or express monorail depending on which will get us there first- it’s always nice to have two options.

Just back from our first Poly stay. Loved it. How we are going to ever go back to staying anywhere else I do not know. We had a small issue on check-in where our room wasn't ready until after 5pm, but all was well. Housekeeping was in daily, the resort was beautiful, Kona & O'Hana were both fantastic. Trader Sams was a blast. Counting down the days until we can return.

Just back from our first Poly stay. Loved it. How we are going to ever go back to staying anywhere else I do not know. We had a small issue on check-in where our room wasn't ready until after 5pm, but all was well. Housekeeping was in daily, the resort was beautiful, Kona & O'Hana were both fantastic. Trader Sams was a blast. Counting down the days until we can return.
That’s great to hear! Were you on hotel side or villas/DVC side? Curious what your assessment of the construction was!

That’s great to hear! Were you on hotel side or villas/DVC side? Curious what your assessment of the construction was!

We were on the DVC side in Tokelau, ground floor room. The construction was no issue to us. An eyesore when taking the monorail to be sure, but that is about it. I will say that we had originally booked a standard view room, and we moved to the villas because we didn't want to risk getting a view of the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter