Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Love the new thread! When it reopens, will people paying cash (Non DVC) for their rooms be put in a new Moana themed room?

Love the new thread! When it reopens, will people paying cash (Non DVC) for their rooms be put in a new Moana themed room?
The resort is Moana themed rooms, DVC is the Pago Pago, Moorea and Tokelau buildings.

Both can be booked by cash fyi.

Normally booking dvc means you will be in those rooms. However they just released that they are doing dvc room makeovers and placing some dvc into the Resort side rooms TEMPORARILY.

However I did not at all pay attention because I don't have a room booked at poly until december :rolleyes1 . I think a few pages back someone mentioned it.:flower1:

Does anyone know if the Poly-MK walking path has decent shade at any time of day? Or are you in the hot sun at all times?

It is a little longer from GF to MK. I would have 20-25 mins in my mind. Again depends on speed of walking.
Thanks! We’ll be there in January with ds and I was hoping to take a nice walk from poly to mk depending on weather

I have been pondering renting points DVC for Poly again. Was going to treat my family to a Lake View - however, the reviews are so mixed. I have read if I don't get on other side I will hear ferries all night. Also read (and seen on a room finder website) that you must get an upper floor to even see the lake due to bungalows. We rented standard last year and got Pago Pago and had the WORST parking lot view. Was going to just request Tokelau. I hate being on ground floors but I think if I request Upper Floor I may be placed in Pago Pago. Is Moorea Lake View worth it? Any suggestions for getting Tokelau?

Just wanted to confirm that all walking paths are open - we walked from the TTC to Poly to GF to Contemporary today, stopping in too cool off and shop at each hotel, and of course to get Dole Whips at Aloha Isle. The CMs we encountered in each hotel were all wonderful but I have to give the edge to the Poly. Every single CM smiled and greeted us with “Aloha” and often “so nice to have you here.” We aren’t staying at the Poly this trip but my whole family agreed that we need to book another Poly stay soon - definitely the best feel of the monorail resorts, in our opinion, even with the construction.

Go to Touring Plans as it has views from most rooms on property, taken by guests who stayed there. It might help you in your decision.
I requested Tokelau but didn't get the room I requested. There is a corner room on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake (3914) that I am sure is in demand by anyone who researches...got the one across the hall (3917). However ultimately I was able to enjoy the view from the staircase outside and, to be honest, spent most of my time sleeping there rather than hanging out to enjoy any view. YMMV.

Love how this pic came out.... it was March 1 and I was headed out to HS for my Boarding Group while my family still slept and through the fog you can see the Contemporary, Space Mountain, and the Castle.

I have been pondering renting points DVC for Poly again. Was going to treat my family to a Lake View - however, the reviews are so mixed. I have read if I don't get on other side I will hear ferries all night. Also read (and seen on a room finder website) that you must get an upper floor to even see the lake due to bungalows. We rented standard last year and got Pago Pago and had the WORST parking lot view. Was going to just request Tokelau. I hate being on ground floors but I think if I request Upper Floor I may be placed in Pago Pago. Is Moorea Lake View worth it? Any suggestions for getting Tokelau?
I ALWAYS make the same room request. Tokelau- upper floor on the Oasis pool side- north end of the building. I was in 2911 and it was the most amazing standard view. I had a partial view of the lagoon and Grand Floridian. If I didn't want to be that specific I would just request Tokelau. At least you know the view will be gardens or Oasis pool. No parking lot views in that building.

We are taking our granddaughter the Polynesian the 1st week in August staying in a DVC Studio, has anyone been switched to the non- DVC studios in the main resort during that time frame yet?

Go to Touring Plans as it has views from most rooms on property, taken by guests who stayed there. It might help you in your decision.
I requested Tokelau but didn't get the room I requested. There is a corner room on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake (3914) that I am sure is in demand by anyone who researches...got the one across the hall (3917). However ultimately I was able to enjoy the view from the staircase outside and, to be honest, spent most of my time sleeping there rather than hanging out to enjoy any view. YMMV.

Love how this pic came out.... it was March 1 and I was headed out to HS for my Boarding Group while my family still slept and through the fog you can see the Contemporary, Space Mountain, and the Castle.

View attachment 588851
Love that view- so when you made request you just asked for Tokelau and then asked when you got there for specific number or can you request both?

I ALWAYS make the same room request. Tokelau- upper floor on the Oasis pool side- north end of the building. I was in 2911 and it was the most amazing standard view. I had a partial view of the lagoon and Grand Floridian. If I didn't want to be that specific I would just request Tokelau. At least you know the view will be gardens or Oasis pool. No parking lot views in that building.
Thank you!!!

Love that view- so when you made request you just asked for Tokelau and then asked when you got there for specific number or can you request both?
Touringplans has a service where you can request a specific room number. It is hit or miss...I got the building and the floor but just not the room. I guess it was booked.

This might be a service they provide to subscribers however.

...and keep in mind that view was from the staircase outside my room.

Room 3914 seems to be the one worth requesting however IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter