• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I couldn’t find a thread going on the DVC boards, does anyone know a timetable for the refurbishment going on in the DVC villas? Will be there beginning of October and wondering what to expect. Probably in the minority hoping for an old room so we can enjoy Lilo and Stitch one last time :stitch2:

You are not alone, Lilo and Stitch are a family favorite in our house. We know refurbishment is happening at Pago Pago and 1/2 of Moorea, don't know the timetable. This is a soft refurbishment therefore a chance Lilo and Stitch will still be sleeping in the hammock when you open the under TV murphy bed.
We will have more info when the first picture of a refurbished room is leaked. :)

Below is a link to a refurbished Bungalow, Lilo and Stitch are still represented by artwork. 😍

FIRST LOOK: New Refurbished DVC Bungalow at Disney’s Polynesian Villas

Last edited:
You are not alone, Lilo and Stitch are a family favorite in our house. We know refurbishment is happening at Pago Pago and 1/2 of Moorea, don't know the timetable. This is a soft refurbishment therefore a chance Lilo and Stitch will still be sleeping in the hammock when you open the under TV murphy bed.
We will have more info when the first picture of a refurbished room has leaked. :)

Below is a link to a refurbished Bungalow, Lilo and Stitch are still represented by artwork. 😍

FIRST LOOK: New Refurbished DVC Bungalow at Disney’s Polynesian Villas
I saw a smaller version of that pic and totally missed Lilo and Stitch!! I was just assuming they would be going with the Moana like the hotel side. This is exciting :)

I couldn’t find a thread going on the DVC boards, does anyone know a timetable for the refurbishment going on in the DVC villas? Will be there beginning of October and wondering what to expect. Probably in the minority hoping for an old room so we can enjoy Lilo and Stitch one last time :stitch2:
You aren't. I switched from the hotel side to the villas with the hope that we don't get a refurbished room. :stitch:

Any word on them upgrading rooms due to the low/declining resort occupancy rates we arrive on 8/29
I know someone who checked in about 2 hours ago, booked standard and got a standard room. Of course they checked the box on on-line check in that they wanted their room ready early over other requests, and she honestly just wanted a quiet room away from the pools. I don't think they're just gonna give it to you out of nowhere, honestly, but if you really want to see it doesn't hurt to go to the front desk.

Any word on them upgrading rooms due to the low/declining resort occupancy rates we arrive on 8/29
There have been reports of guests who have booked a standard room getting placed in the garden view rooms in the Hawaii building since club level is not currently operate. As of Sunday, the Rarotonga longhouse was still closed for refurb. We know of two families that had this occur last week. 🌺

Here now. Booked standard, got standard. Also Moorea & Pago Pago are fully closed and have active work going on. I can’t wait to see the results!!
My friend said her husband grabbed a dole whip and stood and watched workers through open windows in one of the buildings (she didn't tell me which one, I just know it was one of the DVC ones). They're DVC and own at Poly and she had to pull him away, he was like "gotta see where my money is going" lol. Staying cash this trip for a staycation to try out the new resort side rooms, but she's super happy about the murphy beds.

The room rate spikes are for real. I will be at a conference down there 1st week of December. I've never stayed at the Poly and it has been a bucket list thing for me for a long time. The conference room allotment is already gone at the GF anyway. So checking in 12/1/21, checking out 12/6/21, my reservation total is: $4981.51. That is without any addons like park tickets, etc. Average rate per/night was slightly less than $900.

I went ahead and booked it, since I need to be down there, and I can hardly find any availability at all across the entire resort. The cheapest was $696/night, at AKL. The room at Poly is a lagoon view, 2 queen room, and not far away from the conference center.

I admit I had some sticker shock. I am also a DVC member and former AP until our DVC gold pass ran out earlier this year.

Attachments

• poly booked.jpg
    poly booked.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 56
Checking in on 8/29. Anyone get a room upgrade upon checking lately? Wonder if room occupancy rates are low.

Also, has anyone gotten groceries/alcohol delivered to the Poly. What was the process who is the best?

Here now. Booked standard, got standard. Also Moorea & Pago Pago are fully closed and have active work going on. I can’t wait to see the results!!
This is confirmed that Moorea is in fact fully closed right now? If so that makes things look like my 9/29~10/5 lake view DVC stay may be in a refurb room!

This is confirmed that Moorea is in fact fully closed right now? If so that makes things look like my 9/29~10/5 lake view DVC stay may be in a refurb room!
Interested in this myself. We are 9/21-9/28 lake view. We are under 30 days now, so I suspect if they were going to have to move us they would have contacted us by now. We are certainly hoping for a refurbed room, especially trying the Murphy bed sofa.

One night stay in a DVC standard studio on 12/22!

I am curious to see if the room will be renovated with the murphy beds by then...

Latest rumor I have heard is by Sept. 26th in time for the 50th celebration.

Dave

oh rats. Staying there 9/22. maybe they will get the monorail open a few days early. I know that early is note exactly what Disney does, but I can dream. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter