Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCH looking a bit..... naked... with only a few cross beams remaining. I am taking a deep breath and remembering this too shall pass.

I saw the old GCH lobby waterfall once in our travels, so I admit I don’t have the affection and nostalgia to it that many people do and am a relative newcomer that doesn’t really know any better on that topic (I actually like the 2015 version of the inside better, sorry!). But seeing these removed has me feeling something. Just glad they will be back, in some form, at least.

Some good visuals in the link below.

https://www.mousesteps.com/2020/10/...oval-continues-photos-from-october-22nd-2020/

Has the length of the closed monorail station been announced? I know the start was moved to Nov 2, but is there an estimated duration? We're thinking about a May or June trip, but if the monorail isn't stopping at the Polynesian, we'd stay elsewhere.
Thanks!

Has the length of the closed monorail station been announced? I know the start was moved to Nov 2, but is there an estimated duration? We're thinking about a May or June trip, but if the monorail isn't stopping at the Polynesian, we'd stay elsewhere.
Thanks!

I’m not sure when Monorail will begin stopping at Poly after construction is complete but the only long houses open at Poly are the ones located very close to the Ticket & Transportation center just a few minutes walk and you can catch Monorails there...

Thanks!
As far as I know, only the DVC buildings will be open in May and June. You can't even book the Polynesian until mid-July. I don't think I would count on the MK Resort monorail running until the whole resort opens up. In addition, the Epcot monorail is also not running now. I'm a DVC member and I had a reservation in a studio for April but I changed to Saratoga Springs because I didn't want to pay a premium for the Poly when so much was closed or not available.

Thanks!
You can always use the stop at the TTC. It is pretty close to the DVC buildings. Depending on which building you’re in, it may be closer than the stop in the GCH.

Thanks!

While Disney rarely gives reopening dates, others have reported that the monorail station will remain closed for 8 months (until July). While I take all of that with a grain of salt, I would not plan on the Poly station being open in May-June.

The rack rate for a Standard View Poly room in June was listed as $659. Any guess post-refrub? I'm going $758.

How has the arrival experience been to the Poly with magical express? Where do they drop off?
also, none of the boats to MK are running?

How has the arrival experience been to the Poly with magical express? Where do they drop off?
also, none of the boats to MK are running?

No personal experience with how things have been, but DME is dropping off/picking up at Pago Pago. Yes, you are correct - the Poly resort boat is not running. The GF-MK is running, it’s just not stopping at Poly. The Ferry Boat from the TTC to MK is running, so that’s a quasi-boat alternative for Poly guests.

We are renting DVC and staying at Poly the 1st week of Dec. we have never been there. Can anyone tell me if we will check in at one of the DVC buildings rather than the main lobby and if we can park our car near there? Also, if we arrive that morning but can’t get into our room until the afternoon, will we be allowed to park there prior to our room being ready? Thanks!

We are renting DVC and staying at Poly the 1st week of Dec. we have never been there. Can anyone tell me if we will check in at one of the DVC buildings rather than the main lobby and if we can park our car near there? Also, if we arrive that morning but can’t get into our room until the afternoon, will we be allowed to park there prior to our room being ready? Thanks!
Check in has been moved to Pago Pago. The DVC parking lot is right next to it. As long as you have a reservation that day, they will let you into park your car there.

Am I correct in assuming that the pool is not very crowded with just DVC guests at the Poly? We rented points for just before Christmas.

If anyone has past experiences swimming at the Poly in Jan, I'd love to hear them. We're expecting anything from slightly chilly to icicle to possibly a warmish day. We're only there 2 nights, then move over to BC/SAB for another week. Hoping that maybe 1 or 2 days hit 80 so we can take a comfortable dip.

Actual experiences appreciate :)

If anyone has past experiences swimming at the Poly in Jan, I'd love to hear them. We're expecting anything from slightly chilly to icicle to possibly a warmish day. We're only there 2 nights, then move over to BC/SAB for another week. Hoping that maybe 1 or 2 days hit 80 so we can take a comfortable dip.

Actual experiences appreciate :)

January 2019, I think we had one warm swimming day out of the week, and the rest were in the 50s-60s and drizzly. The pool was crowded that warm day, but of course that was pre-Covid.

This past January, it was sunny every day with temps in the 70s and 80s all week. Lots of opportunities to swim!

January 2019, I think we had one warm swimming day out of the week, and the rest were in the 50s-60s and drizzly. The pool was crowded that warm day, but of course that was pre-Covid.

This past January, it was sunny every day with temps in the 70s and 80s all week. Lots of opportunities to swim!
Thanks! That's great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter