Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I apologize if this has been asked already but I couldn't find an answer. My husband and I just booked a stay at Poly DVC for 11/18-11/23. We've not stayed at the Poly before, so this is a bit of a dream come true for us. Anyway, what would be the best way to get to MK? Does it make more sense to try to grab a bus (I read these can also go to other resorts?) or to walk to the TTC and grab the monorail? Or try to ride the ferry? Any help or advice is welcome. Thank you!

Hi, I apologize if this has been asked already but I couldn't find an answer. My husband and I just booked a stay at Poly DVC for 11/18-11/23. We've not stayed at the Poly before, so this is a bit of a dream come true for us. Anyway, what would be the best way to get to MK? Does it make more sense to try to grab a bus (I read these can also go to other resorts?) or to walk to the TTC and grab the monorail? Or try to ride the ferry? Any help or advice is welcome. Thank you!
The walk to the TTC from the DVC studios is not long. It is about the same as walking to the station at the GCH. Hard to say which is better between the Ferry and the monorail. I think it depends on the day.
I have also heard that the boat from the Poly to MK was supposed to start up this week. Hopefully someone there can verify.

I have also heard that the boat from the Poly to MK was supposed to start up this week. Hopefully someone there can verify.

Watercraft are running from the Poly again so you really have three options: walk to the TTC for the monorail, walk to the TTC for the ferry, or take the resort launch.

Personally, I prefer to take the Ferry to MK in the morning, and take the resort launch or monorail back. I love riding the Ferry in the morning, and I'm not sure if you might have to wait a few cycles for space on a resort launch during a morning rush. But all three could be good options!

ETA: Have a magical time at the Poly!!

I was at the GF on Halloween and took the water transport over to the MK one way.
They were using a boat that looked more like a barge With awnings(?) since it was big and flat and did not have a front window protection for water pilot at stern / wheel. Also had another castmember to perform the guest loading/unloading. Usually the small water taxi has just one castperson onboard. I noticed at the back of the boat accommodations for 2 wheelchairs and 2 seats with the aisle separating. This was old fashion and definitely would not be accessible for motorized ecv size. It also never seemed to align with any way to enter from the dock.
Hopefully they have another option and will use something to accommodate all guests.
I post this info only to give Hope for access.
Does anybody have an update cause this was only going back & forth from Mk to GF last week.
Happy to hear Poly has been added.
We were the only guests onboard.

Last edited:
The regular Poly/GF/MK resort launch boats have never been ECV-accessible. Wheelchairs and strollers must be folded and one must be able to transfer to the boat on their own. Same goes with the current old DAK boats they are running on the Poly/GF/MK route.

On very rare occasion they put the larger boats that are accessible in service on the Poly/GF/MK route, but that generally only happens during super-high traffic times like the holidays, special events, or when a regular boat is out of service.

I was at the Poly in the summer and they happened to have the MK boats running. This was the last weekend in July and it was NOT busy at all. We were the only people on the boat. It was a huge boat that the Captain told us was repurposed from Animal Kingdom and brought over to Seven Seas Lagoon. It's not the norm, as they usually use the small watercraft that are not ECV accessible. I would imagine they would continue to use the larger boats since the monorail is not in play- and as stated above they can accommodate ECVs.

Poly DVC check-in in the Pago Pago building:

enhance

Can someone who recently stayed at the Poly remind me what the schedule for evening inter-resort buses is for those of us who have dinner ADRs at other monorail resorts? I know I saw a post that they were running these buses since the park hours are reduced and the monorail shuts down early, but I can't find it.

Staying at the Poly in January, and trying to re-educate myself on how to efficiently get around. Thanks! :)

Can someone who recently stayed at the Poly remind me what the schedule for evening inter-resort buses is for those of us who have dinner ADRs at other monorail resorts? I know I saw a post that they were running these buses since the park hours are reduced and the monorail shuts down early, but I can't find it.

Staying at the Poly in January, and trying to re-educate myself on how to efficiently get around. Thanks! :)

Here ya go :)

Yes, there is a pathway. It was open as of a few days ago.

Currently, when the monorail ends one hour past MK closing, the Gold Route Buses take over to accommodate dinner reservations for MK resort guests. It will say “Resort Monorail” on the front and follow the exact route. For example, the monorail ended one hour past MK 6 pm closing, so the Gold Route took over 7-11 pm.

Since the Poly monorail station will not be operating while you are there, it is possible that the MK + Gold Routes may run simultaneously. Just keep an eye on the whiteboards in the GCH.

View attachment 530201

I saw several pages back that the Bou-Tiki is open. Does anyone know if the plans are for it to remain open during the lobby construction/refurb? I'm hoping it will be open in March.

Disney has stated that all the stores would be open during the construction. Hours may be reduced on occasion, depending on specific work going on, but they'll be open. Work is scheduled to take place overnight, not during normal daytime hours.

Steve

Aloha! WE are staying at the villas November 16-19. Very last minute booking! We visited the Poly via the GF walkway in October and we have eaten at the restaurants there many times. I have just a couple of questions:

When we arrive, where do we check in ? is it better to just check in online? We just made our reservation today so it is too late to check in online anyway?

What is the best way to get to Epcot?

What is the best way to get to MK?

All the park reservations were take for HS so we will be doubling up on either MK or AK - suggestions?

This is so last minute and short (4days and 3 nights) but I am so EXCITED !!

thanks !

When we arrive, where do we check in ? is it better to just check in online? We just made our reservation today so it is too late to check in online anyway?
If you can check in online, do! Otherwise, I understand that check-in is in the Pago Pago building.

What is the best way to get to Epcot?
Ordinarily I would say to walk to the TTC for the monorail, but it isn't running right now, so you'll want to take the bus.

What is the best way to get to MK?
You can easily walk to the TTC and take the Ferry or Monorail, or take a smaller resort launch from the Poly pier. The DVC buildings are about as close to the TTC as to the pier. I personally like to take the ferry over, and then take a resort launch back, but it's personal taste!

All the park reservations were take for HS so we will be doubling up on either MK or AK - suggestions?
This is TOTALLY personal preference, but I love AK!!

Aloha! Have a great time!!!

@Cabius covered you questions as I was typing so I will just add that you can keep checking for HS Park Reservations as they do open up from time to time. Guests make changes all the time.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter