Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird parking question...

I arrive on April 17th, we arrive early so we will be taking DME from the airport. At some point the evening of my arrival, friends of mine who live in the area will be bringing me a car to drive for my stay and for my transfer to Universal and for my stay there. How does that work with the new parking policy? Do I just tell the front desk and get a pass for the car? I booked well before the parking policy was put into place so I do not want to be charged a fee and I certainly do not want my friends car to be towed when they are just doing me a favor to save me money.

Hello, I have a question about bus transportation from POP to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. During our stay Animal Kingdom opens at 8 (Extra Magic Hours) and Magic Kingdom opens at 9. What time would the first bus be at POP on these days to take us to the parks?

Hello, I have a question about bus transportation from POP to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. During our stay Animal Kingdom opens at 8 (Extra Magic Hours) and Magic Kingdom opens at 9. What time would the first bus be at POP on these days to take us to the parks?

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Except when MK opens at 7:00AM then they start rolling at 6:00AM.

Weird parking question...

I arrive on April 17th, we arrive early so we will be taking DME from the airport. At some point the evening of my arrival, friends of mine who live in the area will be bringing me a car to drive for my stay and for my transfer to Universal and for my stay there. How does that work with the new parking policy? Do I just tell the front desk and get a pass for the car? I booked well before the parking policy was put into place so I do not want to be charged a fee and I certainly do not want my friends car to be towed when they are just doing me a favor to save me money.

You won’t be charged. I would tell the person at the front desk everything you put here and I’m sure it will be fine.

I'm so confused,how is a parking pass on a MB? In the past I thought we needed the printed pass so it could be seen in the lot where we parked(?) what has changed? How does the parking attendants know who we are? last time we stayed there wasn't a gate or anything at the entrance....
Like others have said, they’re on your magic band. What I’m wondering is what discourages people from telling the gate they want to eat or tour the resort and then parking (for free) and taking a bus to a park? We saw quite a few people getting off buses and going straight to cars. That doesn’t mean for sure that’s what they were doing but it looked a little fishy.

We had sensitive too, and we were able to order the single serve prepared bottled from Similac or Amazon, I can’t remember which. I’d look into that, they are so much easier to use than powder! We even bought the disposable caps and nipples that fit on them so nothing to wash.
Thanks so much! Maybe we should’ve ordered from Similac but I didn’t realize about the freezers in time. For anyone else wondering, the front desk told us we could have bell services keep our ice packs in the freezer overnight and pick them up each morning. So nice of them, however, we bought these non leaking ice bags on amazon and fill them with ice in the mornings and they keep the bottles cold for the 4-5 hours that we need!

Some observations from our renovated room in the 70s section.

Obsessed with the new room style! It does not feel like the old school value resorts and I LOVE it. I think, however, that design was slightly higher on the priority scale than functionality.

1 - when the Murphy bed is closed the room is perfection. Lots of space to sit and eat or move around, but when it’s down and you have a stroller and luggage and need a place to put the chairs from the table there is literally no room to move! You have to actually side step to get around.
2 - the room is not conducive to children napping. You could land a 747 with the TV (which is awesome and so nice but very huge & bright,) the door to the bathroom is on some zipper like track and is SO loud, and there is no dim lighting anywhere so you basically have to sit in the dark if your kids are napping or hope they’re deep sleepers.
3 - no freezer - annoyed about that because of not being able to freeze ice packs for our baby’s formula
4 - one whole section of outlets/USBs doesn’t work

Otherwise, really love the changes! The little pantry area is great and I really like the bathroom area layout!

Obsessed with the new room style! It does not feel like the old school value resorts and I LOVE it. I think, however, that design was slightly higher on the priority scale than functionality.

1 - when the Murphy bed is closed the room is perfection. Lots of space to sit and eat or move around, but when it’s down and you have a stroller and luggage and need a place to put the chairs from the table there is literally no room to move! You have to actually side step to get around.
2 - the room is not conducive to children napping. You could land a 747 with the TV (which is awesome and so nice but very huge & bright,) the door to the bathroom is on some zipper like track and is SO loud, and there is no dim lighting anywhere so you basically have to sit in the dark if your kids are napping or hope they’re deep sleepers.
3 - no freezer - annoyed about that because of not being able to freeze ice packs for our baby’s formula

Otherwise, really love the changes! The little pantry area is great and I really like the bathroom area layout!

A few other pieces of info:

- Showers are fantastic! Love the double rainhead/handheld option, love the sliding doors, and love the wall covering details. It all feels so clean and fresh. Water pressure is non existent, though!

- stationary bed is extremely comfortable (I remember how HARD the old Pop beds were!) The Murphy bed is maybe slightly less comfy and a little loud if you have a wiggly sleeper but still very comfortable (even for an adult.) The pillows are SO amazing! Super soft and squishy!

- might be a given that most people already know this but don’t overload the fridge with warm things or it won’t stay cold. Put maybe 5-6 room temp bottles of water in at a time and then replace as you use them. We were trying to keep our formula cold and then added a bunch of water and later realized the inside of the fridge wasn’t the slightest bit cool and almost lost a whole bottle of formula!

Last edited:
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Except when MK opens at 7:00AM then they start rolling at 6:00AM.

Really? On the Disney website it said that the buses start shuttling 45 mins prior to park openings....which I thought was weird for people who want to get there early for rope drop/breakfasts.

If we are going to a 7:45 reservation at GFC in GF, should we just get a Minnie Van or taxi? I'd much rather just take a bus to MK and use the monorail or boat to get to GF.

Thanks!

Really? On the Disney website it said that the buses start shuttling 45 mins prior to park openings....which I thought was weird for people who want to get there early for rope drop/breakfasts.

Yes, really. For the same reasons you mentioned.

If we are going to a 7:45 reservation at GFC in GF, should we just get a Minnie Van or taxi? I'd much rather just take a bus to MK and use the monorail or boat to get to GF.

Thanks!

Your best bet would be Uber or Minnie Van. You'll have no problem getting to MK early but no guarantee the monorail or boats are running. It'll depend on MKs opening time that day. There is no bus to/from MK and any monorail resorts.

The new rooms are amazing, aren't they?!

Did you advise Guest Services of the broken outlets and USBs? If not, they won't know to fix them.

Thanks!
Personally I've always taken the bus and monorail option and not had a problem. If you're looking for a faster transportation time you could take the Minnie Van or taxi option. I'd rather get up a little earlier and spend that money elsewhere.

Like others have said, they’re on your magic band. What I’m wondering is what discourages people from telling the gate they want to eat or tour the resort and then parking (for free) and taking a bus to a park? We saw quite a few people getting off buses and going straight to cars. That doesn’t mean for sure that’s what they were doing but it looked a little fishy.
Again,I'm wondering this also! What prevents people from doing just that? these are the places with huge lots,and not much oversight (at least not last time we parked there which was quite a while ago)

Just extended the beginning of our trip this month by 4 days. DH and I are going down early to honor and remember my father who passed away Friday morning. My father loved Disney and instilled that love in me and I can not think of a better way to remember him.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful way to honor your father.

Again,I'm wondering this also! What prevents people from doing just that? these are the places with huge lots,and not much oversight (at least not last time we parked there which was quite a while ago)
Hopefully people's conscience won't allow them to do this. Some will, but many will take the higher road and do what is right and not take advantage of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter