Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone have any recent ME experience? I'm wondering how long it will take us to get from the airport to the resort and how many stops we'll make before POFQ. We land at 8:50 Friday night.
From the airport (the bus pulling away) to POFQ should take about 30/40min. My most recent experience was POFQ first.

From landing it's difficult to say - going to pick up your bags? If you're the first on the bus you may wait there for 10/15 minutes as they wait for others. So it could anywhere from 20min to 40 minutes from landing to bus pulling away.

From the airport (the bus pulling away) to POFQ should take about 30/40min. My most recent experience was POFQ first.

From landing it's difficult to say - going to pick up your bags? If you're the first on the bus you may wait there for 10/15 minutes as they wait for others. So it could anywhere from 20min to 40 minutes from landing to bus pulling away.
Thank you! Hoping we're the first stop. I'm going to be with my 3 year old so the quicker we get to the resort the better!

Thank you! Hoping we're the first stop. I'm going to be with my 3 year old so the quicker we get to the resort the better!

I was there two weeks ago and POFQ was the first stop. Of all my many, many trips at different resorts, this was the first time I’ve ever been a first drop off!

All the times we've done the ME, the bus only went to our resort, so by default, we were the first stop, since it was the only stop.

If you're coming in that late at night, though the ME will fetch your bags for you, you might want to consider picking them up yourselves. The bags don't travel on the same bus as you, they're trucked over later. Either that, or make sure you have enough in your carry-on to last you through morning in case there are any delays in the luggage.

In Feb we were the first stop, followed by Riverside. We did, however, have to wait almost an hour to get on a bus after we got in line for the bus to our resort.

Just returned yesterday and i was disappointed to find that at Sassagoula Floatworks the only available side for burgers and sandwiches was steak fries which I don’t care for/eat at all. The counter person offered no other substitute. A year ago you could choose between fries, coleslaw, macaroni salad or chips. Surly they should offer at least one additional side choice

Just returned yesterday and i was disappointed to find that at Sassagoula Floatworks the only available side for burgers and sandwiches was steak fries which I don’t care for/eat at all. The counter person offered no other substitute. A year ago you could choose between fries, coleslaw, macaroni salad or chips. Surly they should offer at least one additional side choice
That stinks!!!

Was this just that one day, or a constant menu change? We normally only do breakfast at the hotel, but I'd like to know my options if we did end up back there at lunch/dinner times.

All the times we've done the ME, the bus only went to our resort, so by default, we were the first stop, since it was the only stop.

If you're coming in that late at night, though the ME will fetch your bags for you, you might want to consider picking them up yourselves. The bags don't travel on the same bus as you, they're trucked over later. Either that, or make sure you have enough in your carry-on to last you through morning in case there are any delays in the luggage.
It's just a quick weekend trip so we're only bringing carry-ons. I haven't had the best of luck with ME on recent trips. The luggage has taken foreverrrrr.

Was this just that one day, or a constant menu change? We normally only do breakfast at the hotel, but I'd like to know my options if we did end up back there at lunch/dinner times.
This was all day everyday. The only different options is with the meat and 3 offering in the evening . But burgers, steak sandwiches etc only come with steak fries

My flight was delayed, I was on my own w both my kids. Didn't get to the resort til 11:45pm! But then we walked outside and it was completely dead and everything was lit up and the music was playing....it was magical

Attachments

• 20200305_232448.jpg
    20200305_232448.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200305_232228.jpg
    20200305_232228.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200305_232043.jpg
    20200305_232043.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 43
My flight was delayed, I was on my own w both my kids. Didn't get to the resort til 11:45pm! But then we walked outside and it was completely dead and everything was lit up and the music was playing....it was magical
I love walking around POFQ super early in the morning and super late! It really does feel magical. Hope you’re enjoying your trip! :)

I love walking around POFQ super early in the morning and super late! It really does feel magical. Hope you’re enjoying your trip! :)

I LOVE super late and super early FQ too. One of the reasons it's my favorite resort.

I was there two weeks ago and POFQ was the first stop. Of all my many, many trips at different resorts, this was the first time I’ve ever been a first drop off!

Yep, that's never happened for me either! We're staying at FQ for the first time next month, I'm really looking forward to it!

It's just a quick weekend trip so we're only bringing carry-ons. I haven't had the best of luck with ME on recent trips. The luggage has taken foreverrrrr.

That's why I always go get my luggage and take it with me on the bus. I use the luggage return at the resorts, but I don't want to have to wait to get my bags.

I am now obsessed with this resort!!! Can't wait to come back!
My first time was with a friend. In the past we stayed at his fav resort CBR but POFQ was cheaper. I, too, became obsessed with this resort.

Jan (2019) I stayed at POP. One day I headed over to POFQ for lunch. The big mistake was I wished I was staying there...

My first time was with a friend. In the past we stayed at his fav resort CBR but POFQ was cheaper. I, too, became obsessed with this resort.

Jan (2019) I stayed at POP. One day I headed over to POFQ for lunch. The big mistake was I wished I was staying there...
Aw man, hate when that happens! We previously stayed at AKL and while the food is better there. That's about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter