Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared1: Yikes that’s crazy! I could be wrong but I think at that price they’re going to have problems filling the fireworks view. And there’s precious little left to book at WL as DVC is taking over most of the resort.

You would think! I just booked at WL during Star Wars Rival Run and both Nature View and Nature fireworks are unavailable. I really wanted just Nature view, but had to take Courtyard. I've only stayed at WL once, but loved our view of the otter pond.

You would think! I just booked at WL during Star Wars Rival Run and both Nature View and Nature fireworks are unavailable. I really wanted just Nature view, but had to take Courtyard. I've only stayed at WL once, but loved our view of the otter pond.
WOW I hope they pipe the music in better if people are paying that much! It was a nice free perk that I used once during my week long stay, but I would personally never book a room at WL for the fireworks view. I would probably find more value in a Poly theme park view or Contemporary tower theme park view room. I also don't pay for view upgrades (the biggest I did was garden to lagoon at GF for about $20 a night) so I may be bias haha

WOW I hope they pipe the music in better if people are paying that much! It was a nice free perk that I used once during my week long stay, but I would personally never book a room at WL for the fireworks view. I would probably find more value in a Poly theme park view or Contemporary tower theme park view room. I also don't pay for view upgrades (the biggest I did was garden to lagoon at GF for about $20 a night) so I may be bias haha

I generally will pay for upgrade if like you cost difference is only $20. I’ve upgraded to GV at BC, POR, AKL. Very little dif from a standard to garden (or pool view at AKL.) seeing this huge cost difference they’ve put in lately of $100 difference between old Poly Standard view and new categories of pool and marina view ugh. And now same price hike at WL from Nature to Nature/Fireworks. No thanks. I’m with you, I’ll go back to GF or Poly for that price.

I like the Inner Courtyard view!

Hi all! I haven't been on this thread in a while, but I keep it in my watched threads because I know we will stay there again someday and I also love the resort. We stayed at BWV on our last trip and it was lovely, but it just didn't feel like home.
My DD (32) and I will be taking our first mother daughter trip ever this November. So excited! We will be staying at POFQ, but are definitely planning a trip over to the lodge to see the tree. My question is, what is the latest it has ever been put up? I know about the lottery and it could be anytime in November. We are going Thanksgiving week, so I am hoping it will be up by then!
I can't believe how the prices have gone up! In 2014, we had a 2BR villa at what is now BR for $720.00 a night! We are going to have to save up for a long time before our next family trip!
TIA for any holiday info!!

Hi all! I haven't been on this thread in a while, but I keep it in my watched threads because I know we will stay there again someday and I also love the resort. We stayed at BWV on our last trip and it was lovely, but it just didn't feel like home.
My DD (32) and I will be taking our first mother daughter trip ever this November. So excited! We will be staying at POFQ, but are definitely planning a trip over to the lodge to see the tree. My question is, what is the latest it has ever been put up? I know about the lottery and it could be anytime in November. We are going Thanksgiving week, so I am hoping it will be up by then!
I can't believe how the prices have gone up! In 2014, we had a 2BR villa at what is now BR for $720.00 a night! We are going to have to save up for a long time before our next family trip!
TIA for any holiday info!!
I don’t know ‍♂️ f this helps but we were in WDW Nov 29 arrival and all the resorts had decorations up.

I don’t know ‍♂️ f this helps but we were in WDW Nov 29 arrival and all the resorts had decorations up.
Our dates are 11/21-25. (Thanksgiving is the 22nd) Hopefully, even if we have to plan for the days after Thanksgiving to see the resorts, they will all be decorated by then. Fingers crossed!

Just went to see prices for a possible December trip and completely SOLD OUT Dec 6-12. I’m never gonna get to stay here! :(

Our dates are 11/21-25. (Thanksgiving is the 22nd) Hopefully, even if we have to plan for the days after Thanksgiving to see the resorts, they will all be decorated by then. Fingers crossed!
The tree should be up by Thanksgiving. I've seen reports that it was decorated as late as the Monday before Thanksgiving. :)

"Fireworks View"? It only exists because WL cut down a load of trees to build CCV :). When the trees were a little shorter? We got this for free (circa 2008).

Go for it. YOU get to pay to make the trees grow again :). About 4 years? This category will be gone :).

The Copper Creek Cabins now reside where many of the trees were so it's not likely we are going to see trees again in that area. I expect Disney will still be able to milk "fireworks view" money from folks for the foreseeable future.

The tree should be up by Thanksgiving. I've seen reports that it was decorated as late as the Monday before Thanksgiving. :)

Thanks, Sue! This will be a short and very different trip for us. Since my DD and I both love all the details of the Christmas decorations, we probably won't be going on as many rides and attractions. I have also only made one ADR, for Boma on Thanksgiving day. We skipped it last trip and we both missed it! I don't even know if we wil be scheduling 3 FP per day! Since we're staying at FQ and we love boat rides, we will finally be visiting an almost completed DS. (when we were there in 2014 to go to RR, there were so many walls up) Since we are used to staying 8 days, I know these 4 days are going to go by in a flash, but we will just have to start planning our next trip when we get back! I can't believe I went from almost swearing off WDW completely when they instituted the new parking policy, to going this year!! It's definitely a sickness, but it makes me happy. :)

Just went to see prices for a possible December trip and completely SOLD OUT Dec 6-12. I’m never gonna get to stay here! :(

Don't give up! Keep trying. A good time to check again will be around Oct. 22, 45 days before your trip. That's when some people will be canceling packages.

Any recommended rooms @Sue M ? I'm just worried about noise from the pool.
The Inner Courtyard is the area before the pool rather than the area right by pool. I didn’t notice any noise with balcony door closed. We had a room in the south side before it turned into DVC. But north side also has Inner Courtyard view. Facing “Copper Creek Falls”. See on page 1

Last edited:
Thanks, Sue! This will be a short and very different trip for us. Since my DD and I both love all the details of the Christmas decorations, we probably won't be going on as many rides and attractions. I have also only made one ADR, for Boma on Thanksgiving day. We skipped it last trip and we both missed it! I don't even know if we wil be scheduling 3 FP per day! Since we're staying at FQ and we love boat rides, we will finally be visiting an almost completed DS. (when we were there in 2014 to go to RR, there were so many walls up) Since we are used to staying 8 days, I know these 4 days are going to go by in a flash, but we will just have to start planning our next trip when we get back! I can't believe I went from almost swearing off WDW completely when they instituted the new parking policy, to going this year!! It's definitely a sickness, but it makes me happy. :)
At Disney Springs be sure to go to the Christmas Tree walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter