Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears that there is a new room category for the lodge, at least for December arrivals. There is now a standard view king bed room in addition to the courtyard view king bed room. There is a $75 a night difference between the two different categories, at least for early December dates.

Edit: Appears the new room category is available starting with May arrivals.
King will be an option to book in CL too

Just got back from a two night stay, and we were put in a new room! We were on the first floor, #1008, and the bell services CM said it was one of the test rooms for the new style. I have several pictures on my phone, just have to figure out how to upload them. This was my first time at WL, so I can't really compare, but I loved the room. King size bed (which was a bonus too!), with what seems to be the new standard white bedding, was very comfortable. Glass door on shower, rain shower head along with a removable hand held shower wand. No tub in our room, but maybe because it was a king? I just remember thinking it would have been tough if we still had little kids with us.

Lots of seating - two chairs at a small table (with another nested table under it), a larger chair with ottoman to the right of the bed, and a desk and chair to the left of the bed.

The only bad part of our stay was the construction noise - we tried to nap at the pool Monday afternoon, but the noise was pretty bad. We could hear it in the room too. But nothing early in the morning or evening. Overall, I loved the Wilderness and I'm sure we'll be back!

Sorry about the construction noise, but glad you had a great stay overall. Would love to see pics if you are able to post them :).

King will be an option to book in CL too

That's the only CL option available at the moment for our upcoming trip. DH & I are going for a long weekend the middle of March (booked BWI CL), but with the new rooms opening up at WL, I checked our dates and see a WL CL king room available. It's not a big discount (think only 10%) and would only save $50 total over BWI, but it's tempting to switch and get a new room (as well as check out CL there again since it's been quite some years since our first/only WL CL stay).

Okay, I needed my 15 year old to help me with this :) and I hope this will work. I think the pictures are self-explanatory, but let me know if you need further info on where/how they were taken. Not the best photographer I'm afraid :rolleyes:

IMG_20200223_161643364.jpgIMG_20200223_161647510.jpgIMG_20200223_161651585.jpgIMG_20200223_161713759.jpgIMG_20200223_162437625.jpgIMG_20200223_162530772.jpgIMG_20200223_162534384.jpgIMG_20200223_162538916.jpgIMG_20200223_162545684.jpg

More pics of bathroom and artwork. I think I still have more that I'm not locating right now - will post if I find them. The mirror is over the desk to the left of the bedIMG_20200223_161627224.jpgIMG_20200223_161701310.jpgIMG_20200223_162448676.jpgIMG_20200223_162512158.jpgIMG_20200223_162551813.jpg
Not sure why they're posting side by side like this - the window (2nd pic) is in between the bath and bedroom - you can see it from both sides - cool feature. you can kind of see in the bathroom mirror, the door on the bathroom is sliding and like a big barn door.

Okay, I needed my 15 year old to help me with this :) and I hope this will work. I think the pictures are self-explanatory, but let me know if you need further info on where/how they were taken. Not the best photographer I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Love the pics, thanks for sharing! One question if you don't mind. It looks like WL still has the individual toiletries, am I seeing that right? TIA :flower3:.

Boy, oh, boy. I hope the renovation at BRV doesn't look like this. I thought it was something from the 80's at first until I noticed the Cascade Cabins sign in one picture.

The newly remodeled room looks great. I notice that it has the big dispenser bottles in the tub/shower instead of individual small ones, which is fine with me. :)

I’m so excited to stay here again!! A little sad old decor gone,but the details in the lobby and outside resort grounds are the same. I love the detail artwork behind the beds.

Going in a month. Praying for a refurb. Last time we went this summer the room we were in was really sub par.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing! One question if you don't mind. It looks like WL still has the individual toiletries, am I seeing that right? TIA :flower3:.
Yes, they still had the individual toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash. No solar gel, which we missed after forgetting how hot the Florida sun is, even in February :rolleyes:

We are going in July and I’m a bit worried now about the noise from construction. We probably won’t go back to our room to nap midday - but we do like going back and using the pool. Hopefully it’s not too loud 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter