Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

I think the answer to this is "no,"but I have to ask. I rented DVC points for a studio at Boulder Ridge for a weekend in December, but now it looks like both my teens are able to come and while a studio would technically fit us all, it would be pretty tight. Does anyone know if there's any where to upgrade to a one-bedroom when you rented points?
You would have to reach out to whoever or where ever you rented the points from. You would probably have to go to a 2BR or an additional studio for more sleeping surfaces. A 1BR actually has less surfaces, it can accommodate 4, or 5 when through DVC and you provide your own bedding. There is a king bed in the bedroom and a rather dated and uncomfortable sleep sofa in the living room that can sleep 2, but it won't be comfortable. In the studio you have the regular bed, a sleep sofa plus a small single pull down bed. If a person is under about 5'5", it could work. The one bedroom is a decent jump in points, the owner may not have additional points available. And most rental agencies won't let you change your reservation. Not exactly a hard no, but most likely.

You would have to reach out to whoever or where ever you rented the points from. You would probably have to go to a 2BR or an additional studio for more sleeping surfaces. A 1BR actually has less surfaces, it can accommodate 4, or 5 when through DVC and you provide your own bedding. There is a king bed in the bedroom and a rather dated and uncomfortable sleep sofa in the living room that can sleep 2, but it won't be comfortable. In the studio you have the regular bed, a sleep sofa plus a small single pull down bed. If a person is under about 5'5", it could work. The one bedroom is a decent jump in points, the owner may not have additional points available. And most rental agencies won't let you change your reservation. Not exactly a hard no, but most likely.
Oh right! I completely forgot about the little pull-down bed in those units!

That'll work better for us than a 1-bedroom, because my daughter and I are fine sharing a queen. My husband and I can only sleep together in a king, and my teens won't sleep together, but my son won't mind sleeping on the pull-down; he sleeps curled up in a ball anyway and he loves those cute little beds.

Thanks @Mle8308!

There is a bus that runs regularly, about every 20 minutes or so from WL to the Settlement bus stop. That's right near HDDR. It's the yellow internal bus. Just ask and make sure what bus you're jumping on.
Nice - thanks! So if our show is at 8:30 p.m., we should maybe plan to catch the bus at 7:45?

Oh right! I completely forgot about the little pull-down bed in those units!

That'll work better for us than a 1-bedroom, because my daughter and I are fine sharing a queen. My husband and I can only sleep together in a king, and my teens won't sleep together, but my son won't mind sleeping on the pull-down; he sleeps curled up in a ball anyway and he loves those cute little beds.

Thanks @Mle8308!
You are welcome! I’m jealous of your trip (in the best of ways)! I love the WL, especially at Christmas. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll get there this year for the holidays, going to DL in about 2 weeks instead. Have a great vacation!

Nice - thanks! So if our show is at 8:30 p.m., we should maybe plan to catch the bus at 7:45?
I'd still go for 7:30. You just never know. If you end up being way early, walk around the Settlement. Check out the beach and marina. Go to the trading post and browse. I always liked Disney transportation but I never trusted it.

The Magic Kingdom bus will go to the settlement depot at Fort Wilderness before it goes to MK in the late afternoon and evening. Ask every MK bus driver if he is going to Ft Wilderness first. There may also be a Ft Wilderness bus, too. It only takes about five minutes to get to Ft Wilderness via the bus. :)

The Magic Kingdom bus will go to the settlement depot at Fort Wilderness before it goes to MK in the late afternoon and evening. Ask every MK bus driver if he is going to Ft Wilderness first. There may also be a Ft Wilderness bus, too. It only takes about five minutes to get to Ft Wilderness via the bus. :)
There's a dedicated Ft. Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge bus that shuttles back and forth, Yellow. But it is one that does the internal Fort loop also. What I mean is it will drop off at the Settlement but continue around the loops.

Does anyone know how long the boats run on a party night (back to the wilderness Lodge)?

This might be a weird question, but I like to know what to expect 🤷‍♀️
We are driving to WDW next month and I'm wondering how arrival/unloading the car will look. We plan to get to the resort around 8am, and I'd be surprised if our room was ready. Would it be best to find a parking space then all get out and walk in with our luggage? Or check in then go back for our luggage? We'd like to go to Epcot that day so I'm trying to reduce the back and forth, but it seems silly to drag all our luggage in. Do they have luggage carts? We are staying club level, so I know they have to work the elevator and such, will they do that when we first arrive or when our room is ready 🤔
Thanks!

This might be a weird question, but I like to know what to expect 🤷‍♀️
We are driving to WDW next month and I'm wondering how arrival/unloading the car will look. We plan to get to the resort around 8am, and I'd be surprised if our room was ready. Would it be best to find a parking space then all get out and walk in with our luggage? Or check in then go back for our luggage? We'd like to go to Epcot that day so I'm trying to reduce the back and forth, but it seems silly to drag all our luggage in. Do they have luggage carts? We are staying club level, so I know they have to work the elevator and such, will they do that when we first arrive or when our room is ready 🤔
Thanks!

I’d pull up and store your bags with bell services. The desk is right out front. They’ll load them on their carts and give you a claim ticket. Tip as inclined. Then go park.

When staying CL at WL there is often someone out front to greet you, but that’s not a given. It’s also not a given your MB will already work to access the 7th floor, although it may (it’s hit or miss with me). If there isn’t a greeter out front looking for you, I’d look around for anyone with an iPad, a manager, or a general greeter CM and tell them you’re checking in CL. If you can’t find anyone like that, then go to the front desk and tell them you’re checking in CL.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your stay.

I’d pull up and store your bags with bell services. The desk is right out front. They’ll load them on their carts and give you a claim ticket. Tip as inclined. Then go park.

When staying CL at WL there is often someone out front to greet you, but that’s not a given. It’s also not a given your MB will already work to access the 7th floor, although it may (it’s hit or miss with me). If there isn’t a greeter out front looking for you, I’d look around for anyone with an iPad, a manager, or a general greeter CM and tell them you’re checking in CL. If you can’t find anyone like that, then go to the front desk and tell them you’re checking in CL.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your stay.
Yes it does! I didn't realize bell services was outside, that makes a lot more sense, thank you!

Sturdy Branches Gym

Has anyone been there recently or there now that can check. I visited in June (coming back next week) and a lot of the weight machines were “out of order” particularly the ones in front of the treadmills. I saw a vlog recently and I’m the background of the video, these were still out of order. Can anyone let me know if the strength machines are all functional now or are any still out of order? Thanks!

Hi everyone! We’re trying to finalize our hotel stay for a trip next May and our current best option is Boulder Ridge. Has anyone seen a completion time for the refurbishments? Is May a reasonable time to stay any hope for an updated room?

Hi everyone! We’re trying to finalize our hotel stay for a trip next May and our current best option is Boulder Ridge. Has anyone seen a completion time for the refurbishments? Is May a reasonable time to stay any hope for an updated room?
They should be done by May. They started in August and there are not a ton of rooms to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter