Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Elevators / central location would be ideal.
The main elevator bank is on the CCV DVC side of the South side of the main building. And the single elevator is near the 1/2 point in the wing near Roaring Fork QS location.

There are a few Resort View rooms in the main section of the lodge: NW-facing room. Examples:: x085,x084,x086,x083,x087,x082,x088 (Floors 4-6 where X is the floor).

The lobby level is the 2nd floor with a ramp down to the 1st floor again near Roaring Fork QS.

Let me know if you want suggestions close to the single elevator by Roaring Fork.

Dave

Can anyone tell me if CL typically calls before your stay? We are just over a week out from our stay at WL and I haven't heard from them. Thanks!
Wow. We are staying CL at WL in July. They called me a few days ago to ask if we needed anything special and to remind me we were now at 60 days out and to reserve dining if we wished and do I need help with that. I did find it odd that they called this far out. First time that's happened with any of our CL stays.

The main elevator bank is on the CCV DVC side of the South side of the main building. And the single elevator is near the 1/2 point in the wing near Roaring Fork QS location.

There are a few Resort View rooms in the main section of the lodge: NW-facing room. Examples:: x085,x084,x086,x083,x087,x082,x088 (Floors 4-6 where X is the floor).

The lobby level is the 2nd floor with a ramp down to the 1st floor again near Roaring Fork QS.

Let me know if you want suggestions close to the single elevator by Roaring Fork.

Dave
Thank you 😊

Oh no. So there will be renovations at the Wildermess lodge. I booked a standard room from 18th July to 27th July, how annoying will these works be? Will they be outside only and throughout the facility? Will it all be covered in scaffolding? Even the central lobby? Help me understand please. I don't want to change hotels but I also don't want everything to be covered in scaffolding and construction.

I booked a standard room from 18th July to 27th July, how annoying will these works be? Will they be outside only and throughout the facility? Will it all be covered in scaffolding? Even the central lobby?
We will not know the extent until we have first hand reports.

The work is scheduled to be Exterior renovations. General Exterior painting, minor repairs to trim and facilities is scheduled. The scope is somewhat is determined by the general flow of the work through the rest of the year. Expect some construction sounds to be heard during the hours of 9 - 5.

It could involve Scaffolding work as seen recently at the BWV and GF resorts if something else pops up but nothing officially announced.

Dave

Oh no. So there will be renovations at the Wildermess lodge. I booked a standard room from 18th July to 27th July, how annoying will these works be? Will they be outside only and throughout the facility? Will it all be covered in scaffolding? Even the central lobby? Help me understand please. I don't want to change hotels but I also don't want everything to be covered in scaffolding and construction.
This is just my opinion. I know a lot of people don't mind construction, but I am not one of them. I personally would absolutely switch my reservation if it were me. The first time we ever stayed at Wilderness Lodge, my first glimpse ever of what should have been a beautiful sight was in fact a view of the lodge completely covered in scaffolding. We were not warned. I was very sad. The exterior work on that trip was very much a downer. It could be seen and heard from all over the grounds, from our balcony, from Artist's Point (before it was a character meal), and from the pool. I can hear the sounds of saws in my head right now as I type this. There was no notice, no warning on the booking page, so of course I had no chance to avoid it. Now, with the somewhat better construction warnings, I would absolutely change any reservation to avoid it, even at the last minute.

I sent a message to WDW to ask for information, however in my opinion it will not be a total renovation but will only affect some parts of the facade... I don't feel like changing hotels for this... among other things I don't see much publicity on this news and maybe it only concerns the BR building and not the main one where I think I will have the room having booked a standard resort view... considering that I will only go to the hotel to sleep or rest for a few hours in the afternoon I hope not to have any disturbances. BUT if I had to change hotels and the price is lower they will refund me the difference or vice versa obviously if the price is higher I would have to add the price difference. It's correct?

For the past 8 years I have spent at least 2 weeks in a Disney resort, in a couple of those I spent 4 weeks.

In total that’s approaching 5 months living in Disney and the biggest lesson I have learned in that time is to change resort when there is construction. Especially exterior.

I love Wilderness Lodge, it’s my favourite, but the risk of the construction killing the vacation vibe is just too much. Disney holidays are all about the theming and the vibe.

We arrive in 13 days…. Wish we knew this before bc we would have booked elsewhere. First time staying deluxe, really hope it’s nothing too big.

We arrive in 13 days…. Wish we knew this before bc we would have booked elsewhere. First time staying deluxe, really hope it’s nothing too big.
Yeah, I am arriving in early August, in the back of mind I am debating switching to AK Lodge. I got a great price at WL (even cheaper than AKL), so I am hesitant to switch. We also have been watching videos on the resort to get excited about it and have been planning dining on being there (Hoop Dee, Geyser point). I am holding out doing the change until we start to see how extensive this is, I am hoping it won't be super extensive since it's not noted on the website.

I'm also considering, I booked with Disney Travel Company but I imagine the hotel change policy is the same, until when can we change hotels? Even up to a few days before arrival? At the moment my desire is to stay at WL but I'm considering changing to AKL...but I repeat, I will do everything to stay at WL...I would just like to understand more about the restructuring.

I'm also considering, I booked with Disney Travel Company but I imagine the hotel change policy is the same, until when can we change hotels? Even up to a few days before arrival? At the moment my desire is to stay at WL but I'm considering changing to AKL...but I repeat, I will do everything to stay at WL...I would just like to understand more about the restructuring.
Given your check-in date is 7/18 you have until 6/18 to make changes with no penalty (could be longer depending on what you booked).

If you booked a package you can modify without penalty up until 30 days prior to arrival. Full payment is due at 30 days. Cancellations 29 to 2 days prior to arrival forfeit the $200 deposit. If you modify within 29 to 2 days there could be surcharge fees added ($50 change fee and $15 processing fee on top of whatever the modification is).

If you booked a room only reservation it can be modified or cancelled without penalty up until 5 days prior to arrival. If you modify or cancel after that time you are subject to losing the first night deposit.

Thank you very much, I pre-booked the hotel + tickets and have already paid the entire amount. I imagine that if I decide to change hotels I will have to do it by June 18th more or less 30 days before my arrival. I'll decide in the next few weeks but I think I'll stay at WL...

Thank you very much, I pre-booked the hotel + tickets and have already paid the entire amount. I imagine that if I decide to change hotels I will have to do it by June 18th more or less 30 days before my arrival. I'll decide in the next few weeks but I think I'll stay at WL...
Yes, since you have tickets with the room you booked a package and are subject to the 30 day change period. If you change more than 30 days out you will receive a refund if the new accommodation ends up costing less.

Honestly if you see some horrific WL construction reports between 29 - 2 days and still want to change you MAY get a sympathetic Cast Member that would waive the surcharge fees to move you due to construction. It is not a guarantee AT ALL, but could be worth it. Even $65 isn't that much all things considered if you think it will ruin your trip as it approaches past the 30 day threshold.

Wdw guest service answered me. They say that at the moment the only building that will be renovated is the BR villa Buldee Ridge so I think there will be minimal impact on the rest of the construction. We are not sure but at this point there is no point in changing hotels, in my opinion they will not be such big jobs.

Hi all. Just wanted to update the post above. It appears some exterior work has started. Posts on Facebook from guests currently at WL wrote today they began painting or restaining the exterior. They stated there are 2 cranes right outside Sturdy Branches. That’s all that was posted. I’ll update if any additional information is given.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter