Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well when we were at BC last September we booked a bounce back and could not get BC again and were given YC instead. When they released free dining I had my travel agent see if she could move us back to BC. Thankfully she was able to. I am soooooooooooo glad. Now I am just hoping I can request the same room we had last year for our anniversary. We really enjoyed the view and the room. I'll be sending a fax request for our Sept stay this year. Crossing my fingers. Now have to wait to book the dining reservations. 26 days till then.

FWIW, half-day at other resorts with cabanas (GF, CY, Poly, for example) is 10-2 and 3-7.

The $211 is for a half-day? I need to go check what I’ve paid at GF and CR, but that seems pretty steep relatively speaking if my memory is correct (may not be, I need to check). Guess they are confident in their product. :-)
I believe the pricing is seasonal.

More info, but not pricing:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

FWIW, half-day at other resorts with cabanas (GF, CY, Poly, for example) is 10-2 and 3-7.

The $211 is for a half-day? I need to go check what I’ve paid at GF and CR, but that seems pretty steep relatively speaking if my memory is correct (may not be, I need to check). Guess they are confident in their product. :-)

From a pic posted a couple of pages back, yes, they are near the sandy/zero entry part of SAB.
Okay. That makes sense on the times. We are headed to moonlight magic at Epcot that night, so that should work to let little one have a nap before we go. It did seem expensive. We may end up canceling, but wanted to go ahead and reserve in case we really do want it.

We got home at 1am yesterday after our Sunday - Friday stay. We lucked out with spectacular weather & no travel issues. We arrived at about 12:10 pm on Magic Express. I had received a call from the club level CM a few days before we arrived who asked about our arrival time. We were met outside by Hyacinth, a club CM I recognized from many past stays. Our room wasn’t ready but she did take us upstairs to check in. This was only our second time using ME. No real issues, but we landed at 9:30. We usually have town car service & get to our resort about an hour after landing, even with getting our own luggage. We must have just missed a bus, because there was only 1 family in our lane when we got there. I read stories about how fast ME can be, but our 2 times have not proved quick, especially since YC is the last resort dropped off. We will probably continue to use the town car.

When the CM called, she asked about room requests. I hadn’t made any, but asked her for a room closer to the lounge because our last stay was in the second to last room away from the lounge. No luck. We got that exact same room again. For part of the stay. Room 5239 is 2 queens, shower only & has connecting doors on both sides. That means no desk or the dining table that is stored under it. There is a couch & the desk chair is there, just no desk. So the only place to put stuff is on the dresser top. Bringing breakfast back to the room if the lounge is full really isn’t convenient in this room. Besides the distance, there really isn’t anywhere to eat either. We got our room ready text during lunch but our bands didn’t work so we had to go all the way back to the desk to get them reset. She mentioned that our room had been “moved around” so that’s why the bands weren’t assigned to that room. So apparently we were not originally assigned that room but somehow got moved into it that day.

At least this trip, plates seemed to be picked up from the hallways regularly. On our last trip in September we noticed that the plates seemed to not get picked up from the hallway near our room as quickly as they did from closer to the lounge. Not sure why, but more than 1 day we noticed that plates outside the rooms near us still there when there when all others were gone. This time I noticed they don’t vacuum the hallways often. The same little pieces of paper were in the halls the whole time we were there. Our room was not serviced Tuesday & Wednesday when we came back in mid afternoon. We wanted to rest so put the room occupied sign up. The turn down service CM replenished our towels, emptied the garbage & ended up making the bed too.

I already posted about the ants in our room., but here is the story: Wednesday we returned around 9. I went to the lounge & made a cup of tea in a to go cup with a lid just before 10 & got 1 of the chocolate mickeys on a plate. I had the tea cup, lid & the empty plate on the bedside table, because there is no place else to put it in the room. At 11, I picked them up to throw out the cup & lid. I thought was kind of strange that there seemed to be crumbs on everything. But I didn’t have anything that would leave crumbs. As I walked to the sink I realized the “crumbs” were tiny bugs which were all over the plate & moving!! :scared1: I went back to the bedstand, saw more there & then checked behind the stand & saw the whole trail of these tiny ants crawling along the baseboard back toward the connecting door. I went right down to the lobby where the CM called a housekeeping supervisor. Of course the CMs were on alert for bed bugs, but I knew they weren’t. The supervisor called “pest control” who immediately identified them as Argentinian ants. They were coming in from the balcony & right along the baseboard. The housekeeping supervisor was very nice & explained that if they had been bed bugs, they would have taken all our belongings to be heat treated. We were offered the option to move to another room which we accepted. He offered bell services to help us move, but I am a very organized packer & the new room was only 3 rooms away. DH just picked up my zip lock bags of toiletries , our shoes etc & took them to the new room as I got the clothes together. So by 12:30 we were all moved. We really didn’t have any belongings near where the ants were, so I didn’t have any concerns about them being in our stuff.

The pest control CM came back while we were still there. My DH laughed later because he was explaining how he would treat the ants, how long it would take etc. as if we really cared. :rotfl2:The supervisor credited us for one nights rate & offered us additional fastpasses for the next day. We were planning a relaxed day before the After Hours event at MK, so I declined the fastpasses. We were surprised at the refund & were very appreciative for that. I did tell him we have stayed at YC frequently for about 20 years & I know this is not a typical occurrence. We also received a voicemail from the front desk the next day checking in if everything was ok.

I didn’t notice a lot different in the lounge, the food offerings were about the same as they were our last 2 stays. We were there for super bowl Sunday. They had chicken wings, “nacho” type chips & fixings & a shrimp cocktail type thing on toast. Being from Buffalo we always have wings during the super bowl so we were happy to see them. Unfortunately, they were just so - so. But they did get bonus points because they had actual blue cheese & not ranch dressing with them, lol!

Monday morning the lounge was totally full, so we decided to head straight to MK. I was able to make a breakfast ADR for Crystal Palace on the way to the park which worked out great. My DH wore his Brady jersey as we joined the thousands of Patriots fans in the park. We watched the Brady/ Edelman parade from the curb on Main Street.

I made it a point to look for any signs of the gondolas from our balcony & couldn’t see anything. So I don’t think the view will be directly affected. The only construction left seems to be on the stations themselves. I overheard a guest in the lobby Friday say she saw them testing some gondolas, but I didn’t hear where that was. The friendship boat captain gave a spiel about them Friday morning on our way to the Studios. He said Disney is saying it will take 13 minutes from Studios to Epcot.

For anyone wondering about the cabana construction, there really isn’t much to worry about. The area is walled off from the rest of the pool. It is a bit away from the building & no real heavy equipment or noise issues that I could tell. I will be interested to see how many cabanas they actually have, since the blocked off area seems pretty small. It is along the far corner of the kids sandy area. No other construction or renovations going on that we saw. The temperatures were in the low 80s Wednesday & Thursday so we got to go swimming for a bit. So nice to swim in February!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if/what the max amount of people is for the cabana rental? Sorry if this info is on the thread somewhere. I tried searching and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if/what the max amount of people is for the cabana rental? Sorry if this info is on the thread somewhere. I tried searching and couldn't find it.

I don't think you missed the info. We have very little info about the cabanas, and what we do have is a bunch of conflicting info regarding prices and hours. Some reports have the half-day as 10-2 and 2-6 (4 hours each), but we have also seen 10-3 listed as the half-day hours.

I just read up on the generic cabana info posted by shoreward above, and there is no mention of the number of guests permitted in a single cabana.

If you wish, you could call the reservation number, (407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529 to inquire about price, availability and maximum capacity for a day during an upcoming trip.

On a related note- I have never looked into renting a cabana at any of the resorts. Do you have to be a guest of that resort to rent a cabana there? Or can someone staying at a different resort, or even off-site, rent a cabana at one of the restricted pools?

:fish:

On a related note- I have never looked into renting a cabana at any of the resorts. Do you have to be a guest of that resort to rent a cabana there? Or can someone staying at a different resort, or even off-site, rent a cabana at one of the restricted pools?

I don’t believe there’s any chance they would allow this.

You have to be staying at the resort you are renting a cabana at. We have rented at the GF and rented at the Poly back when they had the full service cabanas, and it was always that way.

The hours for those were always 10-2 or 3-7 half day and 10-7 full day. I imagine it will be the same here, but you never know. I also feel like they are for 6 guests, but I honestly can’t remember if they ever told us that, or if I’m mixing it up with other places we’ve rented cabanas, or if I just assumed. Some places we’ve rented cabanas are crazy strict about maximums even if you could fit more in easily, and others don’t seem to care. At Disney we have never had more that just our family, so it didn’t matter.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I don't think so. The area where they are doing the work for the cabana installation is very small. There are many water view rooms that do not overlook Stormalong Bay, or that area in particular. And I believe the cabanas are available for booking on March 17, so I am assuming construction will be complete by then.

I haven't seen any pictures from the rooms where you can see the gondola tracks.

I am not aware of any other major projects going on right now.

:)

Perfect thanks!!

I don't think you missed the info. We have very little info about the cabanas, and what we do have is a bunch of conflicting info regarding prices and hours. Some reports have the half-day as 10-2 and 2-6 (4 hours each), but we have also seen 10-3 listed as the half-day hours.

I just read up on the generic cabana info posted by shoreward above, and there is no mention of the number of guests permitted in a single cabana.

If you wish, you could call the reservation number, (407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529 to inquire about price, availability and maximum capacity for a day during an upcoming trip.

I just called about renting a cabana for a Sunday in late September, unfortunately, these are booked 180 days in advance, so I can't book quite yet, but here is the information that I received:

These are the full cabanas with two lounge chairs and two straight back chairs, they have a TV, Bluetooth speaker, resort phone, fan, refrigerator stocked with soda and water, fruit, and a CM for assistance (I may have missed another minor amenity but those are the ones I caught).

Max of 6 guests

Full day rental is 10-7. Half day is either 10-2 or 3-7. Pricing for my day was much lower than the previous poster for our dates the full day was $211.94, half day $137.39, but again this is seasonal so it may be different for a different time frame.

Speaking of the quiet pools and being locked...Is there any actual official rules/policy as to when you can't use those pools? My wife and I don't spend much time at the pools because we are in the parks for the entire day. When we finally get back the main pool is closed and it's typically later than the posted hours for the quiet pools. Some nights we'd really like to relax in a pool after a long day but we aren't really sure if it's allowed. I do remember when we visited for our honeymoon we definitely used the yacht club quiet pool and hot tub after the posted hours on our first night because we were desperate for some relaxation after a busy wedding weekend and travel. Nobody ever came around to tell us to get out and we definitely weren't making any noise to disturb guest rooms around us. So what exactly are the rules?

Speaking of the quiet pools and being locked...Is there any actual official rules/policy as to when you can't use those pools? My wife and I don't spend much time at the pools because we are in the parks for the entire day. When we finally get back the main pool is closed and it's typically later than the posted hours for the quiet pools. Some nights we'd really like to relax in a pool after a long day but we aren't really sure if it's allowed. I do remember when we visited for our honeymoon we definitely used the yacht club quiet pool and hot tub after the posted hours on our first night because we were desperate for some relaxation after a busy wedding weekend and travel. Nobody ever came around to tell us to get out and we definitely weren't making any noise to disturb guest rooms around us. So what exactly are the rules?
They have "posted" rules at each of the quiet pools and hot tubs. The standard hours that I have seen [Dunes Cove Pool - BCV] are 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM [Midnight at some of the other pools]. I have no experience as to whether or not they are enforced or not, but suffice to say you have a better chance of using them off hours if you are quiet and not causing a lot of noise. I copied this from page 1 of this wonderful thread!
poolrules.jpg

At BWI, I saw people in the quiet pool around 10:00 PM at night. This was probably sometime in July 2018. Don't recall seeing anyone in the pool December 2018/January 2019 but that might have been due to the bad weather the 3rd or 4th week of December. There are hours posted on the gate at BWI and probably YC as well but I don't recall the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter