Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My DD and her BF are checking into BC tomorrow. They were booked in a standard view room...we have been checking almost every day for the past few months for a garden view room to open up under my DH's CM discount. (I really really do not like those flat roof views!) Well, today, a garden view room popped up unexpectedly...less than 24 hours before she checks in! So, we called and made the switch.

I've never changed room categories so close to check-in before. We put a request on the reservation to overlook the volleyball courtyard. I wonder how it's going to work?? I know that rooms are typically assigned 5 or so days before check-in. I'm wondering if we have a worse chance of getting our request met with it being within 24 hours (as I'm sure most every room for check-in tomorrow has already been assigned)? Has anyone else every changed room categories at the last minute?

So, we were planning to stay at Caribbean Beach for 3 nights because of the Skyliner, but we have previously been to Disney twice and stayed at the Polynesian. I started to worry the experience won’t be the same. Our boys, who are 10, love the monorail, so we were thinking the Gondola would be a nice, new experience. After reading some recent negative reviews of CBR, I’m concerned it may not be the best choice. I booked YC for the 5 of us instead. For those who have stayed at both, is YC the better choice for visiting SWGE?

So, we were planning to stay at Caribbean Beach for 3 nights because of the Skyliner, but we have previously been to Disney twice and stayed at the Polynesian. I started to worry the experience won’t be the same. Our boys, who are 10, love the monorail, so we were thinking the Gondola would be a nice, new experience. After reading some recent negative reviews of CBR, I’m concerned it may not be the best choice. I booked YC for the 5 of us instead. For those who have stayed at both, is YC the better choice for visiting SWGE?
YC is closer to Hollywood Studios when walking to the park and a little closer to the boat than BC.

YC is closer to Hollywood Studios when walking to the park and a little closer to the boat than BC.

Thank you, but is Yacht Club Resort a better choice than Caribbean Beach Resort (which is a moderate with the Skyliner to Studios)? We’ve never stayed at either.

Is Yacht Club Resort a better choice than Caribbean Beach Resort (which is a moderate with the Skyliner to Studios)? We’ve never stayed at either.

Caribbean Beach is a Moderate resort with outdoor entry at rooms, while the Yacht Club is a Deluxe hotel with indoor corridors. There are three different ways to get to DHS from the YC - about a 20 minute walk, the FriendShip boats (about a 20 minute ride), and the Skyliner, which you can access from Epcot's International Gateway, which is about a 10 minute walk from the YC. The Skyliner will take the longest time to get to DHS.

IMO, the YC is a far better choice, if it fits your budget. There is so much to do in the area of the YC, as well as right at the resort, itself.

Last edited:
Both resorts have easy access to both Epcot and DHS. CBR is very large with multiple buildings and bus stops while YC much smaller with everything under one roof. You can take the Skyliner from the YC if you want to ride it. We’ve taken it several times to get to DHS from the Beach Club. It is a short walk to the Epcot Skyliner station.

Well...after relentlessly stalking the website, I was able to get an AP discount at BC Club level for our Marathon Weekend trip!!!

By canceling the rental car and two dining reservations, the bottom line was about $100 more than our rack rate POR reservation! Easy choice to make!! Don’t you just love Disney math and logic!

I’ll add on by saying that the Yacht and Beach club have the best pool on property, which will probably be very appealing to 10-year-olds.

This is exactly what we thought as well. It is good to hear we can easily take the Skyline from Epcot as well, so we can still present it as a Skyliner hotel to them. I feel much better about this decision now. Thank you to everyone for the feedback. It’s certainly more expensive, but we are only staying 3 nights and really want to make the ending of our trip special. We are staying the first five night at Portofino and so I was worried about CBR after that.

Which is the best location to request at Yacht Club. Do most prefer not to be on the ground floor so they have a balcony? We always preferred the ground floor at the Polynesian, but this resort may be different.

Which is the best location to request at Yacht Club. Do most prefer not to be on the ground floor so they have a balcony? We always preferred the ground floor at the Polynesian, but this resort may be different.
About 99% of rooms at the YC have full balconies or patios, unlike its sister resort, the Beach Club, where only about half of the rooms have full, sit-out balconies. The YC first floor rooms have small patios outside the rooms.

There is a wealth of information in this thread. Jump over to page 1 (https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/#post-53451102) and start skimming through, from there.
Natebenma, who does a great job of maintaining the thread, has the info very well-organized and updated. There are three different standard (non-Club Level) categories, with different types of views; so, look for your room type, in the thread.

Starting back on page 1 will also provide pictures of the rooms, pool info, food/beverage, activities, and whatever you might want to know about the resort.

About 99% of rooms at the YC have full balconies or patios, unlike its sister resort, the Beach Club, where only about half of the rooms have full, sit-out balconies. The YC first floor rooms have small patios outside the rooms.

There is a wealth of information in this thread. Jump over to page 1 (https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/#post-53451102) and start skimming through, from there.
Natebenma, who does a great job of maintaining the thread, has the info very well-organized and updated. There are three different standard (non-Club Level) categories, with different types of views; so, look for your room type, in the thread.

Starting back on page 1 will also provide pictures of the rooms, pool info, food/beverage, activities, and whatever you might want to know about the resort.

Thanks so much. I’ll review the information on the link provided.

Hi everybody, we are currently here at the Beach Club for the first time (3rd day of 14) from the UK And we are absolutely loving the resort!! I had heard some horror stories regarding the rooms so had been worrying quite a bit before arrival but our room is beautiful with no issues whatsoever...we are in room 2567 (garden view) overlooking the volleyball court which is where we requested, I’ll try to add pics if I can. The main issue we have had this year is of lazy people leaving rubbish everywhere around the resort, empty bottles just thrown on the floor around the hotel and 3 times now I’ve seen families leave trays of leftover food on the sunbeds on the beach and around the pools...drives me mad😡😡😡

Attachments

• 3D73814E-8509-410B-BA57-0D642929B79D.jpeg
    3D73814E-8509-410B-BA57-0D642929B79D.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 45
  • 144287FC-7DE9-4781-9F1E-E22D63992B7E.jpeg
    144287FC-7DE9-4781-9F1E-E22D63992B7E.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 47
  • 18116BC3-96D9-469C-BBC9-7D2268FFAFAD.jpeg
    18116BC3-96D9-469C-BBC9-7D2268FFAFAD.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 41
Page 1580-1581

I booked 2 bounce backs for YC: 6/29-7/3 and 12/20-12/25. DH will most likely have a significant job change including a cross country move some time mid 2020. We may not be able to keep either reservation, but I wanted them on the books just in case. So while we may do some resort hopping in the future, YC will remain our “regular” WDW home.

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trips to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Dee, we have another trip to be added to the BOG list pleas.

September 12- 18 YC CL. Will be our 42nd anniversary. Can’t believe how time flies.

:woohoo: and congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

:love:

I am excited to come back to this thread! We stayed at BC in 2018, and I just booked YC Nov. 22-26, 2020. Whenever you update the Be Our Guest list you can add us!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Will be at BCV jan 13-18, cant wait it's been too long since I've been back

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

I have been looking into buy DVC timeshare in Beach Club but I notice that the rooms in the villas has very little to no drawer space to put your clothes away. The resort has a great deal of space. Is that just in only the studio or all of the villas?

BUMP!

Did anyone answer this? I haven't stayed at the villas, so I can't help you there. You may find some pictures in posts 10 or 11 on Page 1.

:magnify:

Only 24 days away from our week at YC! Working on our grocery order, some final FP tinkering, feels pretty real now!

Doing our last bit of research before we submit our room requests!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Late January?

:cool2:

If anyone is interested.... a very limited free dining offer dropped this morning. Check in dates are only June 27 through 28, July 5 through 7 and August 29 through September 8. Must be booked by January 16th. Basically just covers time around 4th of July & Labor Day weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount!

💲

Thank you. We would prefer a daybed, but would be fine with a rollout. It will be me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 10. They are small and one always loves sleeping on the spare bed (daybed or rollaway). I guess we are still on the fence about the 3 EPCOT resorts—YC, BC, and BWI. YC seems to be the most recently renovated. Is that accurate. There seems to me minor differences with BC and YC was a tad less, so I reserved that. We will only be here for 3 nights and our primary focus will be Galaxy’s Edge. BWI rooms look lovely, but the pool is not as exciting. Of course, not sure we’ll have much time for that anyway.

For those who have stayed at all three, what is your preference?

Not sure about BWI, but yes, YC was renovated more recently than BC.

I am equally happy staying at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club. I prefer the blue and seaside theme at BC, the proximity to the BC Marketplace and to EPCOT. But I LOVE that the rooms at YC all have balconies and being the first picked up and first dropped off for the buses is very appealing.

When given a choice, I would likely pick the one that was the least expensive for my stay.

::yes::

Updates to the Be Our Guest list when you get a chance, Dee...

January 10-12 BC GV CL (last minute, wow that‘s a good rate, DH says book it trip)

January 23-27 BC SV (OMG it’s the crack of dawn but SWGE here we come)

April 16-20 CSR (but I’m sure I’ll find a way to switch to YC/BC eventually)

September 9-13 BC SV (F&W, yum!)

I truly think I have a YC/BC addiction. No matter how often I try to stay somewhere else, I always seem to end up back at SAB...

That is awesome!!!

I'll put all the trips on the list and then I can just update the resort when you move back here!

:goodvibes

Page 1582-1583

For any keeping records, 2019 Christmas decorations at YC came down overnight. Technically 1/3. We returned about 3:00 am from the football game ands there were there taking it all down then

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if it was the same at BC? I'm assuming so, but y'all know what that means...

I'll make note of this as well as when decorations went up on Page 1 (Posts 8&9) for reference purposes.

Here's a question if anyone knows. The Disney resorts are decorated according to a timetable determined by lottery. Are the decorations taken down on all on the same day, or on a schedule determined by when they went up?

:santa:

Just home from 7 glorious nights at the beach club. We had a woods view room, second floor (2528) which was close to Epcot and the secret entrance and had a full balcony and day bed. Perfect room. We watched the Epcot Fireworks from our balcony a lot. The weather wasn’t really pool weather but we went in about 5 times. We did a garden grocery delivery and they were really backed up. We asked for it to be delivered by bell services (6 dollar fees) when it arrived but we had been traveling since 3 am so we were beat. And I woke up at 1:30 a, realizing either we slept through the delivery or it never happened. I went down to the lobby to enquire and they brought it up right away. They never did charge me which makes me think they forgot to deliver it versus we slept through them trying.
The cleaning of the room each day was perfect. Lots of supplies left and it always happened when we were out.
Lobby was gorgeous and smelled fantastic. Christmas decorations were beautiful. They had a coco stand in the lobby but we didn’t indulge.
The only issue was the busses. They really are terrible. I think Disney has pulled back on them because I never remember waiting so long. And twice we were in line and didn’t get on because it was so packed. We never sat because yacht club gets picked up first. I always loved the fact that when I went to Disney I never had to rent a car because the transportation was so fantastic. They seem to be relying on more and more people using Lyft and have pulled back on busses.
I don’t know if that will deter me from Beach Club in the future but it’s something I will consider.
We rode the skyline for fun from Epcot to Hollywood studios. It was fun if you are not in a hurry!
Overall another great Disney vacation at Beach Club.

Thank you so much for the review of your trip and details about your room. What was the coffee maker in the room? The Cuisinart pod machine or a Keurig?

:thumbsup2

Hi all! 29 days until our trip to the Yacht Club. This time we are staying Club Level. Does anyone have any recent pictures of the food or menus that they serve each day? Or do you know if the selections change daily? Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We haven't seen any recent pictures of the food offerings at club level here on this thread. There may be some on the Club Level subforum- I don't regularly monitor that thread.

I am assuming that the selections change nightly, but see comment above...

🐴 (picture a donkey)

Hi Dee!

We booked FD July 6-14. Only thing I could get at BC or YC was YC Standard View. I’m still watching in case a better view opens up. I haven’t cancelled my August BC- still debating, but you can add us to the July list! FD was sooo limited but since we are bringing dogs for his first visit, and girls are legal she for alcoholic beverages FD was huge for us!

Nicely done!

I'll add this trip to the list.

I have one boy who is legal and one who is not yet. I think a trip to EPCOT would be fun for them when they will be able to enjoy an adult beverage.

:drinking1

Thank you so much for your review of the YC. We just switched from the BC to the YC because of free dining availability. I was wondering about the walk to the pool from YC and glad to hear it’s close to the sandy side of the pool. We have a woods/garden view room and are very excited about our stay. We usually stay in MK resorts so trying something new this trip!

I'll make the change to the list.

Hi all. Can’t wait to be back at the BCV...February 8-14 then 2 nites at the Swan..

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

I booked YC for the 5 of us instead. For those who have stayed at both, is YC the better choice for visiting SWGE?

When is your trip?

Yes, YC is an EXCELLENT choice for visits to Hollywood Studios and Star Wars Galaxies Edge.

Well...after relentlessly stalking the website, I was able to get an AP discount at BC Club level for our Marathon Weekend trip!!!

By canceling the rental car and two dining reservations, the bottom line was about $100 more than our rack rate POR reservation! Easy choice to make!! Don’t you just love Disney math and logic!

That's awesome!

:welcome: home!

:teacher:

Hi everybody, we are currently here at the Beach Club for the first time (3rd day of 14) from the UK And we are absolutely loving the resort!! I had heard some horror stories regarding the rooms so had been worrying quite a bit before arrival but our room is beautiful with no issues whatsoever...we are in room 2567 (garden view) overlooking the volleyball court which is where we requested, I’ll try to add pics if I can. The main issue we have had this year is of lazy people leaving rubbish everywhere around the resort, empty bottles just thrown on the floor around the hotel and 3 times now I’ve seen families leave trays of leftover food on the sunbeds on the beach and around the pools...drives me mad😡😡😡

Thanks so much for your live report!

Glad you like the resort and your room.

I think you are correct. The worst part of many trips is the other people and their poor and selfish behavior.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter