Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@focusondisney I was mostly just lamenting that they built the hotel in such a way as to allow bad views. It could have been avoided with some forethought. For example, you don't see that in the Riviera design. Maybe it wasn't something the designers of that era thought about. It is what it is. We will have a great trip even if we get stuck with a roof view, and we will have saved some money as well.

Y & B & Riviera are 2 totally different architecture styles. I think Riviera is beautiful , but really just big box styling. Y & B is designed after old NE hotels by a prestigious architect. I think if anything changed over the years, it’s WDW going for just having more rooms instead of authentic styling used previously.

“Multi-award winning architect Robert A. M. Stern is the former dean of the Yale University School of Architecture and previously a professor of architecture and director of the Historic Preservation Program at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation at Columbia University. His work has been exhibited at numerous galleries and universities and is in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Deutsches Architekturmuseum, the Denver Museum of Art, and the Art Institute of Chicago. He also designed the Disney Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, which opened at Walt Disney World on this day in 1990. The Yacht Club Resort is a splendid five-story resort reminiscent of the summertime “shingle style” hotels of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. It is located right next to the Beach Club Resort, a more relaxed, pastel-toned resort, shaded by broad oak trees and lapped by the gentle waters of 25-acre Crescent Lake.”

Hi - following the refillable cups thread with interest! We’re staying at BC but I’ve seen it mentioned that the Coke Freestyle machine has gone from there - is there a standard fountain abailable (ie Coke, Sprite, Powerade etc) or do we have to go to YC?

Thanks!

Hi - following the refillable cups thread with interest! We’re staying at BC but I’ve seen it mentioned that the Coke Freestyle machine has gone from there - is there a standard fountain abailable (ie Coke, Sprite, Powerade etc) or do we have to go to YC?

Thanks!
BC has a large regular soda fountain machine with all the usual
suspects—coke, Diet Coke, sprite, etc.

Hello all! Getting excited for our trip soon!

Does anyone know if there will be Easter activities at the resort on Easter morning? We currently have Cape May booked and then have park reservations for the MK, but I was wondering if they do an egg hunt or something in the morning?

Does anyone know if there will be Easter activities at the resort on Easter morning? We currently have Cape May booked and then have park reservations for the MK, but I was wondering if they do an egg hunt or something in the morning?
There was an egg hunt when we were there for Easter a couple years ago. It was more of a bunch of eggs on the ground in open space than a hunt lol. This was at Riviera, not sure about other resorts.

Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/30
Offer accepted: 1/30
Sent to ROFR: 2/2
Passed ROFR:2/21
Closing docs received: 3/3
Closing docs returned: 3/3
Closing: ????
Deed recorded: 3/14
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 3/27
Points in account: 3/28

There was an egg hunt when we were there for Easter a couple years ago. It was more of a bunch of eggs on the ground in open space than a hunt lol. This was at Riviera, not sure about other resorts.

Thanks! I'm sure my niece would love that anyway!

Yes, they have an egg hunt, games & character meets. There should be a schedule out the day before, usually posted in the lobby.

Before I call guest services I thought I would ask here. I'm trying to book a YC reservation for Feb 2024 through the website. I can't book anything past Dec 2023. In the past you could book 499 days out. Anyone know what's going on?

Before I call guest services I thought I would ask here. I'm trying to book a YC reservation for Feb 2024 through the website. I can't book anything past Dec 2023. In the past you could book 499 days out. Anyone know what's going on?

You can book past that but you have to call.

You can book past that but you have to call.

Not anymore, sad to say. I think 2021 was the last year you could do that.

No more booking room only over the phone at 499 days out. Now everyone can only book when they release room rates/packages for the next year. So if you are planning Jan 2024, you won't be able to book until around June.

Not anymore, sad to say. I think 2021 was the last year you could do that.

No more booking room only over the phone at 499 days out. Now everyone can only book when they release room rates/packages for the next year. So if you are planning Jan 2024, you won't be able to book until around June.
Thank you for your help- bring back the good old days!!!

We've never used a refillable mug, but are thinking about getting one because of the freestyle machine. (We drink a lot of Hi-C and flavored Sprite/7up, but not a lot of Coke, Diet Coke or plain Sprite.) Can someone tell me where the machine(s) are and what hours I'll have access? The most recent price would be great too. I'm trying to work out if it's really worth it or if we're only going to get 1 or 2 drinks a day.

We've never used a refillable mug, but are thinking about getting one because of the freestyle machine. (We drink a lot of Hi-C and flavored Sprite/7up, but not a lot of Coke, Diet Coke or plain Sprite.) Can someone tell me where the machine(s) are and what hours I'll have access? The most recent price would be great too. I'm trying to work out if it's really worth it or if we're only going to get 1 or 2 drinks a day.
There are 2 Freestyle machines located in The Market at Ale & Compass at Yacht Club. Hours are listed as 7am - 11pm right now, but can change based on the season.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/

I can tell you for a fact that dogs were in the Yacht Club, Club Level last July(2022) when we were there. The guests checked in for two nights next to us, and they left their two dogs in the room adjoining us within the hour of their arrival - their dogs barked nonstop from then through 1-2 in the morning when we called about the noise. We opened our door to find two security guards and several other guests - most with small children that we recognized from the lounge - standing outside the doors in our hallway. The people with the dogs didn't return until almost 3 am, and that's when the dogs stopped barking. That said, if a dog had been in our room, I would never have known, and my son and I have severe allergies(but also have a hypoallergenic dog). The rooms and bedding were immaculate and we saw other dogs with their owners outside only in very specific areas, so you could avoid those areas. However, we are HUGE fans of the Beach Club and consider it our "home" at Disney - you will love it there!
Yah that dog barking thing is a hard no. Better believe I’d be very vocal to the neighbors about that. They know what they are doing and are too selfish to care about the impact on others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter