Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

All Deluxe Resort (just Deluxe, at least for now) guest rooms now have three categories: Resort View, Water View, and Theme Park View. Resort View will now cover any rooms that were previously in non-water view rooms: Standard View, Garden View, etc. Water View will be any view with any type of water: Lake, Pool, Bay, etc. Theme Park View is the same as before. So you could be looking at a rooftop, parking lot area or part or full of a garden view. Water view could a partial pool, any pool, bay, lake or full pool view. Other words, it a crap shoot of what view you may get. I would still request what location (high floor, away from lounge or elevator, particular room etc) with signature services prior to your arrival.
Standard still shows and is bookable for YC and BC. Very strange when 'Resort' includes rooftop and parking lot now.

Standard still shows and is bookable for YC and BC. Very strange when 'Resort' includes rooftop and parking lot now.
Pretty nuts. Regular rooms are standard, resort, and water. CL rooms are resort, garden and water. My CL room is resort so it will be interesting to se what I get in October.

My son & DIL booked a standard room at BWI for December when discounts dropped last week too. Has the same description as the resort view room category but was about $30-40 a night cheaper. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My son & DIL booked a standard room at BWI for December when discounts dropped last week too. Has the same description as the resort view room category but was about $30-40 a night cheaper. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So crazy!

It really doesn't seem fair to lump the old 'Standard' category into the new 'Resort' category. Hopefully Disney realized this and will update the 'Resort' description down the line at YC, BC, and BWI? Only time will tell.

So crazy!

It really doesn't seem fair to lump the old 'Standard' category into the new 'Resort' category. Hopefully Disney realized this and will update the 'Resort' description down the line at YC, BC, and BWI? Only time will tell.
I hope so. I love YC but I’d be very hesitant to book a ”resort” view room there because views are very important to me. I can’t see paying the same price for the standard room that has a dumpster view as the garden view room that overlooks the wedding gazebo.

I think they’ll get more complaints about room views & requests to move with these new categories, not less.

I hope so. I love YC but I’d be very hesitant to book a ”resort” view room there because views are very important to me. I can’t see paying the same price for the standard room that has a dumpster view as the garden view room that overlooks the wedding gazebo.

I think they’ll get more complaints about room views & requests to move with these new categories, not less.
I agree for sure! Some garden/woods view and even water view rooms technically had partial roof views. I am hoping Disney just added this description in to properly set expectations rather than lumping all of standard with garden/woods.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with changes reported through last weekend. Please take a moment to check to make sure you are listed with the correct information. If you want to be added or have any changes to make, post here on this thread.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest List
Morning Dee, could you add us to the Be Our Guest List for a Girlstrip!!! May 5th - May 11, 2024 at the Yacht Club. Thank You :flower1:

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with changes reported through last weekend. Please take a moment to check to make sure you are listed with the correct information. If you want to be added or have any changes to make, post here on this thread.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Please add us in. August 19th-24th 2024
Beach Club
So excited to be returning! Our last trip we were pixie dusted to CL room!
This trip we have booked a deluxe room (for four people) as we need three sleeping areas - 2 adult daughters, myself and 82 year old father (biggest Disney Lover of all of us!). We felt like deluxe was the way to go this trip. Do all standard rooms have day beds? We've always been granted a standard room with a day bed (so we've had three sleeping areas), but I am wondering if this is common to have a day bed in every room? If not, we will stay with the deluxe category room as three sleeping surfaces are a must for us. TIA

Are the recent room renovations just for the villas at BC? We have a standard resort room booked for the end of July, wondering if we have a chance of getting a refurbished room?

If we book a garden view CL, does anyone know if those are still the original CL GV rooms?? There were only 4-6 of them and most of them faced the gazebo. I know they redid the categories and now have standard, resort or water for the regular rooms, but the CL seems to be resort, garden or water…. Any info if GV CL is the same as it was? I assumed they renamed all the SV CL to Resort View and left GV and WV the same? Maybe???
FWIW, I've contacted Disney three times with this question, and gotten three different answers. Specifically, I was asking: When I booked Garden View at YC, those rooms included Admiral Pool (quiet pool)-view rooms, and we planned to request one. Now that the categories have changed and some rooms have been switched to a different category (e.g., most or all former Standard View rooms are now considered Resort View, and many Garden View rooms, including ALL of the quiet-pool-facing rooms -- half of the entire Garden View inventory! -- were changed to Water View), can I still make that request without being told, "sorry, that's a different category?"

CM #1 told me that Disney's system has automatically converted my Garden View reservation to a Resort View one, and that since that's all the room assigner will see from their end, I can't request an Admiral Pool-facing room because that's no longer available in my category. What's more, they said that I could very well be assigned a roof or parking lot (Standard) view, since those have now been added to Resort View.

CM#2 told me that because I'd been "grandfathered in" by booking a Garden View room before the categories and designations were changed, I was 100% guaranteed to get a room that was considered Garden View at the time of booking (and not any of the Standard Rooms that have since been reclassified as Resort View), and could therefore request an Admiral Pool-facing room, because those were included in Garden View when I booked.

CM#3 put me on hold so that she could consult with a higher-up in Guest Services. She returned to tell me that even the supervisor with whom she spoke said that Guest Services "still has no idea how this is going to work" from the standpoint of room assignments, that she couldn't answer my question, that anyone else who'd given me an answer had to have been "just guessing," and that the supervisor had suggested that I call back later in the summer "after the details are hammered out."

My attempts to get a straight answer from Disney may have failed, but my position is: if you booked Garden View CL, go on the touringplans room finder tool (which hasn't been updated to show the new room categories and changed designations yet) and screenshot where the Garden View CL rooms (and Standard CL rooms) were, so you'll know for future reference. Make your room request as planned. If you don't get it, and the front desk tries to tell you they couldn't satisfy your request because you're requesting a different category, OR if they assign you a room that was a "Standard View" at the time of booking, push back. Politely demand to be placed in an actual Garden View CL room (as they were designated at the time you booked), OR to be refunded the difference in cost between a Standard and Garden View at the time you booked. For Disney to sell you one view category and then downgrade or diminish it before you arrive to something else, without compensation, is fraud.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've contacted Disney three times with this question, and gotten three different answers. Specifically, I was asking: When I booked Garden View at YC, those rooms included Admiral Pool (quiet pool)-view rooms, and we planned to request one. Now that the categories have changed and some rooms have been switched to a different category (e.g., most or all former Standard View rooms are now considered Resort View, and many Garden View rooms, including ALL of the quiet-pool-facing rooms -- half of the entire Garden View inventory! -- were changed to Water View), can I still make that request without being told, "sorry, that's a different category?"

CM #1 told me that Disney's system has automatically converted my Garden View reservation to a Resort View one, and that since that's all the room assigner will see from their end, I can't request an Admiral Pool-facing room because that's no longer available in my category. What's more, they said that I could very well be assigned a roof or parking lot (Standard) view, since those have now been added to Resort View.

CM#2 told me that because I'd been "grandfathered in" by booking a Garden View room before the categories and designations were changed, I was 100% guaranteed to get a room that was considered Garden View at the time of booking (and not any of the Standard Rooms that have since been reclassified as Resort View), and could therefore request an Admiral Pool-facing room, because those were included in Garden View when I booked.

CM#3 put me on hold so that she could consult with a higher-up in Guest Services. She returned to tell me that even the supervisor with whom she spoke said that Guest Services "still has no idea how this is going to work" from the standpoint of room assignments, that she couldn't answer my question, that anyone else who'd given me an answer had to have been "just guessing," and that the supervisor had suggested that I call back later in the summer "after the details are hammered out."

My attempts to get a straight answer from Disney may have failed, but my position is: if you booked Garden View CL, go on the touringplans room finder tool (which hasn't been updated to show the new room categories and changed designations yet) and screenshot where the Garden View CL rooms (and Standard CL rooms) were, so you'll know for future reference. Make your room request as planned. If you don't get it, and the front desk tries to tell you they couldn't satisfy your request because you're requesting a different category, OR if they assign you a room that was a "Standard View" at the time of booking, push back. Politely demand to be placed in an actual Garden View CL room (as they were designated at the time you booked), OR to be refunded the difference in cost between a Standard and Garden View at the time you booked. For Disney to sell you one view category and then downgrade or diminish it before you arrive to something else, without compensation, is fraud.
The email I got in May says I will still receive exact room type originally booked (YC garden or woods view) - so I’m hopeful this will happen. The category hasn’t changed yet on my MDE. Fingers crossed, but yes, I’ll definitely be asking for some money back if it doesn’t happen!

The email I got in May says I will still receive exact room type originally booked (YC garden or woods view) - so I’m hopeful this will happen. The category hasn’t changed yet on my MDE. Fingers crossed, but yes, I’ll definitely be asking for some money back if it doesn’t happen!

Same for me. I check in in about 4 weeks. My reservation still says "Garden or Woods View." I have gone in and "updated" it a couple times in the last week with new requests and a credit card change. Nothing else changed.

We left the YC on Saturday and had booked a garden/woods view room before the change to the new room categories. I had put in a request for a gazebo view room and that’s what we got. I really do think if you booked a garden/woods view that you won’t receive a view of a rooftop or what I deem a more standard view.

@weather_lady thanks for your post. This room category reclassification is such nonsense. It’s sure to make guests more upset, not less. Plus some resorts still are booking under the old designations. My son & DIL booked a standard view room at BW with the DISNEY+ discount. Which was way after the new categories were announced. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these changes quietly go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter