Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do we know the exact date in Jan that Stormalong Bay will be closed from, by any chance? (I know the exact dates haven't been released, but thought someone might have the inside scoop...)

Just booked a studio stay for Memorial Day week this year. Cannot wait! Kiddos are already talking about that pool. 😀
I don’t believe Stormalong Bay pool refurb will be done by your visit. Recent info put out is that it will be closed through June

DISREGARD!! Closure is 2025!!! Sorry!

Last edited:

We will be staying in a BCV studio one month from today. We rented points for the first time ever. Prior BCV stays were cash reservations. I know that the rules are a little different for points reservations, I am most interested in coffee. What kind of a coffee maker do they have in the studios? Do they replenish the coffee supplies when you are on a points reservation?

Thanks. :)
I am just home from BCV and can confirm, they now have the Keurig combo of both coffee maker and Kcup drip. So if you have a favorite Kcup, bring your own. We tried the Joffries that is offered for free, but didn't like it, way too mild. I actually take this machine completely down off the counter and replace it with my own slim one out of my owners locker, it takes up much less space. If you have any questions, I've been a BCV dvc owner for 20 yrs, I'd be glad to answer.

We’re staying at Beach Club in a couple of months and would like to use Stormalong Bay on our checkout day before moving to another Disney resort. I’m not too sure what to do with our valuables though (passports, wallet, etc) as we’d both like to be in the water at the same time. Normally we’d just leave them in the safe in the room but obviously we won’t be able to do that. I think I’ve spotted lockers by the pool on previous visits? Are they secure? Are there any other options?

We’re staying at Beach Club in a couple of months and would like to use Stormalong Bay on our checkout day before moving to another Disney resort. I’m not too sure what to do with our valuables though (passports, wallet, etc) as we’d both like to be in the water at the same time. Normally we’d just leave them in the safe in the room but obviously we won’t be able to do that. I think I’ve spotted lockers by the pool on previous visits? Are they secure? Are there any other options?
I have used the lockers by the pool. They are secure. You put in your own code. They are not very big, enough for a small bag or a change of clothes. You can also use more than one locker.

I am just home from BCV and can confirm, they now have the Keurig combo of both coffee maker and Kcup drip. So if you have a favorite Kcup, bring your own. We tried the Joffries that is offered for free, but didn't like it, way too mild. I actually take this machine completely down off the counter and replace it with my own slim one out of my owners locker, it takes up much less space. If you have any questions, I've been a BCV dvc owner for 20 yrs, I'd be glad to answer.
We will be staying in a 2 bedroom this June for the first time and I'm wondering what your suggestion would be for room request. Are there any good views?

Thanks. We are renting points for the first time ever. I usually call housekeeping for extra coffee K-cups when we are staying in the resort, not the villa. Will housekeeping bring extra coffee if you are on a points reservation. What kind of filters do I need if I bring ground coffee from home?

Can anyone please confirm if they still have boxes of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran for sale in Beach Club Market Place? Or at the Screen Door store on the Boardwalk? We're heading to Yacht Club in early May and usually pick up a couple of these. I'm travelling from the UK so can't really pack them, and don't want to do a grocery delivery just for cereal! It looks like the Frosted Flakes are missing from the latest DVC grocery order forms, so I was worried the stores won't have them either. Thanks to anyone who might be able to check and confirm for me.
:thanks:

Along with the lockers at the pool that @Ricguz mentioned, I THINK (not 100% sure bc last time I heard mention of it was years ago) that they have a safe behind the check in desk for something extremely valuable—your very pricey antique ring for example. I think for regular important personal items the lockers will be okay, but I wouldn’t hesitate to ask the front desk what options there are.

Thanks. We are renting points for the first time ever. I usually call housekeeping for extra coffee K-cups when we are staying in the resort, not the villa. Will housekeeping bring extra coffee if you are on a points reservation. What kind of filters do I need if I bring ground coffee from home?
Yes, you are able to request more coffee from housekeeping at BCV. We bring our own coffee from home as well and bring regular flat bottom filters for a 10-12 cup pot. Pods are also provided for the regular coffee pot.

We will be staying in a 2 bedroom this June for the first time and I'm wondering what your suggestion would be for room request. Are there any good views?
Personally, I love "woods view, close to main elevator". If I can't get woods view, i love the courtyard view for people watching lol. It's my favorite pastime, and there's lots to watch! But you may love the pool view and look down to that. I just can't stand the marco polos.

I have used the lockers by the pool. They are secure. You put in your own code. They are not very big, enough for a small bag or a change of clothes. You can also use more than one locker.

Along with the lockers at the pool that @Ricguz mentioned, I THINK (not 100% sure bc last time I heard mention of it was years ago) that they have a safe behind the check in desk for something extremely valuable—your very pricey antique ring for example. I think for regular important personal items the lockers will be okay, but I wouldn’t hesitate to ask the front desk what options there are.
Thanks both :)

The rooms right next to the elevator are not good. You hear the elevator whirring when you are in the room. Very annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter