Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks, that helps! I looked at the resort map and at Google maps, there are a few parking lots around - I wasn't sure which one is for guests and which ones might be for CMs.

They'll be arriving in the morning, so I suggested that they wait to bring in the luggage in case their room isn't ready.
They really should pull up to the door and unload their luggage there. The bell hops will store the luggage if the room isn't ready. Once they are in their room they can call bell services to have it brought to their room. There isn't any reason to have them park the car first and then get their luggage later.

Last edited:
They really should pull up to the door and unload their luggage there. The bell hops will store the luggage if the room isn't ready. Once they are in their room they can call bell services to have it brought to there room. There isn't any reason to have them park the car first and then get their luggage later.

Thank you, I'll let them know!

10 days. 10 days. OMG I have to wait 10...........More.............Days.

Life isn't fair. I just want to quit my real life grown-up job and become a Jungle Cruise boat captain. Or a dark witch in Knockturn Alley in the WWoHP.

I'm feeling sorry for myself today. Maybe I should trudge to the state fair in the pouring rain and get a dole whip float. That might perk me up a bit.

Here at the moment in a very nice room on the second floor pretty close to the Epcot entrance. Room still smells a bit funky from the refurbishments but eases up after the aircon has kicked in. Only slight disappointment is the view which is just a line of trees about 10 feet from the window. In my mind a garden view would be a bit more, well, gardeny.

Been here for four days and still not been to Stormalong Bay. Need to sort that tomorrow!

Here at the moment in a very nice room on the second floor pretty close to the Epcot entrance. Room still smells a bit funky from the refurbishments but eases up after the aircon has kicked in. Only slight disappointment is the view which is just a line of trees about 10 feet from the window. In my mind a garden view would be a bit more, well, gardeny.

Been here for four days and still not been to Stormalong Bay. Need to sort that tomorrow!

If you have time, please take some pictures.
Have a wonderful trip!

Oh my. Our wonderful bride group suffered a tradgey today. One of our wonderful ladies who was just at Disney this week, and had a photoshoot with the amazing Randy Chapman took ill when she got home. She lost her life this morning to meningitis. She was only 30. Life is so cruel at times.

Oh my. Our wonderful bride group suffered a tradgey today. One of our wonderful ladies who was just at Disney this week, and had a photoshoot with the amazing Randy Chapman took ill when she got home. She lost her life this morning to meningitis. She was only 30. Life is so cruel at times.

Very sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sarah

That is so sad! My thoughts will be with her family and friends as they cope with this tragedy. The friendships we make through forums like that one, and here, are strong and when one of our group is in sorrow, we all feel it.

:grouphug:

How sad, sending prayers to her family.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry.

Finally back from our 25th Anniversary trip! The resort is still just as beautiful as ever. The new rooms are very nice!

Requested King bed....nope...requested close to lobby....nope....being an anniversary can I get a,quiet room....nope. right next to ice maker. Yep the ice maker got used every morning at 5:30. As for our balcony it was a full one. Our room however was located in the "bend" of an L wing. So my balcony connected at the corner of our neighbors. We might as well invited them in for drinks...
Housekeeping needs a refresher course. After 3 days I noticed something under the luggage bench. It was bathing suit bottoms. Not mine....... my coffee pot wasn't cleaned they kept only leaving 1 coffee cup. And I had to track then down because we were left with an empty tissue roll and no replacement
Glad I wasn't a first timer because there was NO literature on the resort in our room.

I kind of expected at least a happy anniversary card in the room, ....we didn't even get an acknowledgement from the staff after 8 days of wearing a button. Nothing. Nada.

I think it will be a while before we stay again which is sad because it used to be our favorite.

Our meals this trip we're The Best ever!!! The low crowds we're beyond perfect. Yes it rained but that is expected in September

So tragic. Hopefully all the wonderful memories will see you and her family and friends through, but a sudden death is never easy to bear.

Finally back from our 25th Anniversary trip! The resort is still just as beautiful as ever. The new rooms are very nice!

Requested King bed....nope...requested close to lobby....nope....being an anniversary can I get a,quiet room....nope. right next to ice maker. Yep the ice maker got used every morning at 5:30. As for our balcony it was a full one. Our room however was located in the "bend" of an L wing. So my balcony connected at the corner of our neighbors. We might as well invited them in for drinks...
Housekeeping needs a refresher course. After 3 days I noticed something under the luggage bench. It was bathing suit bottoms. Not mine....... my coffee pot wasn't cleaned they kept only leaving 1 coffee cup. And I had to track then down because we were left with an empty tissue roll and no replacement
Glad I wasn't a first timer because there was NO literature on the resort in our room.

I kind of expected at least a happy anniversary card in the room, ....we didn't even get an acknowledgement from the staff after 8 days of wearing a button. Nothing. Nada.

I think it will be a while before we stay again which is sad because it used to be our favorite.

Our meals this trip we're The Best ever!!! The low crowds we're beyond perfect. Yes it rained but that is expected in September

Sorry Housekeeping wasn't great for you...we had the opposite experience. My husband had a birthday button and he had to take it off so he wouldn't get any more "Happy B'days" (He's Mr. Grumpy! lol) Our room number was 1541 by the Quiet pool by the Secret Entrance (we didn't go to Epcot) but on our first night, my girls and I walked over to see the fireworks from the Bridge (pajamas and no shoes, not the classiest but one of my favorite, favorite moments!!) Our room was the corner room on the first floor on the right.

Attachments

• 2015-09-11 15.57.22.jpg
    2015-09-11 15.57.22.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2015-09-11 18.10.10.jpg
    2015-09-11 18.10.10.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 36
Sorry Housekeeping wasn't great for you...we had the opposite experience. My husband had a birthday button and he had to take it off so he wouldn't get any more "Happy B'days" (He's Mr. Grumpy! lol) Our room number was 1541 by the Quiet pool by the Secret Entrance (we didn't go to Epcot) but on our first night, my girls and I walked over to see the fireworks from the Bridge (pajamas and no shoes, not the classiest but one of my favorite, favorite moments!!) Our room was the corner room on the first floor on the right.
Sorry, couldn't get the pics on the Bridge to Flip but I was was able to resize them :yay:

Sorry, couldn't get the pics on the Bridge to Flip but I was was able to resize them :yay:
I didn't find the room too far from the lobby at all and the laundry being right across the pool was just amazing. The girls would swim while I would watch them and go back and forth from the room. I really did enjoy being on the first floor!

Here now - relaxing on our balcony after fully enjoying our first day at the BC. Arrived around 9am and were greeted right away after getting off the magical express and were brought up to the 5th floor to check in and enjoy breakfast. Room wasn't ready - got the text at noon with our room number. Requested a full balcony which we got, but didn't get stormalong pool view although I am happy with the view we have. The CL cast members have been wonderful so far and are so sweet to my daughter. She is head over heels for the pool - we must have spent at least 4 hours there today and jumped over to Epcot for a couple hours. Getting to bed early since we have been up since 3:30am and spending tomorrow morning at HS then the afternoon at the pool. My only complaint so far is how small the bathroom is - it's a pretty tight squeeze in there and the door swings about a millimeter from the toilet. Other than that so far so good :)

Trying to upload pics, but it's saying the files are too large

Hello Beach Club people! My husband and I are returning to WDW in December. This is our first trip in almost 8 years! We are staying at the BC for the first time and I have no idea about anything other than I know where it is. The reservation lady did a good upsell and we are booked in a water view room and that's all I know. She asked if I had any room preferences and I told her the quietest, king size bed that was the cleanest.

So it's just us two adults. Can I have a few tips on anything and everything BC? We will be there from 6-12DEC and no real plans other than the Christmas party.

Thank you for any help! It's all very appreciated.

Finally back from our 25th Anniversary trip!

So sorry to hear about the disappointments during your stay! It sounds like the room you had really was not well suited to your wishes for your celebration trip. :(

I have definitely heard reviews on both ends of the spectrum about housekeeping. That's a shame that something like someone else's article of clothing was missed for several days.

:sad2:

page 257-260

I think we're going to plan 2 trips in 2016. Yesterday I was able to book cheap miles for both of us down, and 103.00 each back. Yay!
I'm hoping we can stay at BC, I miss SAB. :beach:

Please let us know if you are able to stay at the BC again next year!

:thumbsup2

We will be staying at bcv for the first time, april 15-22 in a studio. Following along to get lots of info!
Jenny

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread (Post 15).

Please let us know if you have any question.

:cool1:

Yes Grandma, I did stop sleeping with the blanket...eventually.

And you haven't experienced Disney World until you've spent the entire week being pushed around in a stroller having every need catered to by your loving family (being a small child did have some advantages). Other children (including my older sister and cousin) were being pulled around by their parents, dreading the heat of the day and non-stop walking. I merely sat back in the shade of my stroller and enjoyed the ride.

Though, small correction - I was 4 at the time of the trip.

:welcome: to this thread!

Are you part of grandma g's trip next year?

:goodvibes

Today I discovered that I could connect my TA booking to my DME account. After the initial excitement I've discovered my dates are my original booking and not our new dates. Ugh. I have wine and I am fine. Tomorrow is Sunday and I am having an early birthday celebration. I can chill until Monday, when harsh words will be had. VERY harsh words. WORDS I cannot post on this wonderful thread.

Good luck- hope everything gets sorted out!

::yes::

Hope the rest of your stay is great, and GET TO THE POOL!!! ;)

:fish:

Here now - relaxing on our balcony after fully enjoying our first day at the BC. Arrived around 9am and were greeted right away after getting off the magical express and were brought up to the 5th floor to check in and enjoy breakfast. Room wasn't ready - got the text at noon with our room number. Requested a full balcony which we got, but didn't get stormalong pool view although I am happy with the view we have. The CL cast members have been wonderful so far and are so sweet to my daughter. She is head over heels for the pool - we must have spent at least 4 hours there today and jumped over to Epcot for a couple hours. Getting to bed early since we have been up since 3:30am and spending tomorrow morning at HS then the afternoon at the pool. My only complaint so far is how small the bathroom is - it's a pretty tight squeeze in there and the door swings about a millimeter from the toilet. Other than that so far so good :)

Trying to upload pics, but it's saying the files are too large

Glad you have had a nice start to your trip. Enjoy!

::yes::

Hello Beach Club people! My husband and I are returning to WDW in December. This is our first trip in almost 8 years! We are staying at the BC for the first time and I have no idea about anything other than I know where it is. The reservation lady did a good upsell and we are booked in a water view room and that's all I know. She asked if I had any room preferences and I told her the quietest, king size bed that was the cleanest.

So it's just us two adults. Can I have a few tips on anything and everything BC? We will be there from 6-12DEC and no real plans other than the Christmas party.

Thank you for any help! It's all very appreciated.

:welcome:

I also want to say thank you to your husband for his service and to your family for your sacrifices.

:hug:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

We are happy to answer any questions you have about the resort, but for starters, I would like to recommend that you check out some of the other posts on Page 1 of this thread- Post 13, FAQ and Post 14, Other Useful Info both have a lot of pictures and helpful info.

A couple of comments about room requests- there are a few rooms with king beds, but not many. It is not a bookable category. So having "King Bed, please" as your first and possibly only request is best. Also, only about half of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, the rest have smaller, standing room only "Juliet" balconies. So if that is something that is important to you, you may want to change your request to:

"King bed, please. Full balcony if possible"

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter