Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Jeanne arrived late last night in the middle of severe thunderstorm. She's sleeping now ... still on Vegas time. We head to airport around 3 PM. We're all packed and Bob is soooo excited! Watching all the world cup games we dvr'd while we are waiting to go. Bob's in soccer heaven!

Doubt I'll get any chances to get on our thread while away so if you have specific questions for me, hold them until I get back. Hope everybody has a wonderful time at the World and I can't wait to hear Dee's midnight story!
I wish you all a wonderful trip, and I'll look forward to you sharing some of your great experiences with us.

Bon voyage, Teena!

Had a decent day yesterday. At parks all day. We are limited to th number of chaperones who van go to classes so I was solo at Mk. Mine train Peter pan with new line dumbo and little mermaid (first time for both) lunch at chh space splash big thunder small world ice cream tta buzz. Then mono to ep. Just time for soarin and supper. Illuminations delayed do we left. Today I go to class at Epcot. Hs later. I have a nighttime story that almost rivals the midnight fire drill. Ta ta. Time to make the breakfast!

Wow! Now that's the way you cover the park! :D

Teena - safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. So exciting.

Dee - oh this should be good - can't wait to hear this story!

Tarak - thank you. He is still feeling badly, but each day gets a little bit better. Still very tired and weak,
headache, etc.

Kerry - didn't know you were back at Disney! Hope you had a wonderful trip.

Jeanne arrived late last night in the middle of severe thunderstorm. She's sleeping now ... still on Vegas time. We head to airport around 3 PM. We're all packed and Bob is soooo excited! Watching all the world cup games we dvr'd while we are waiting to go. Bob's in soccer heaven!

Doubt I'll get any chances to get on our thread while away so if you have specific questions for me, hold them until I get back. Hope everybody has a wonderful time at the World and I can't wait to hear Dee's midnight story!

Teena - glad Jeanne arrived safely. Have a wonderful vacation!

Rebecca

Teena: Bob is my kind of guy!!! We are in major soccer overload right now with the world cup. My daughter is still training, we leave for Regionals next week! Not sure how we are going to handle sending her away for college soccer.....won't be able to watch too many more of her games :(

Have a safe and amazing trip!!!!

Teena - Safe Travels I'm sure you'll be way too busy relaxing but know I appreciate all the input you've given on this thread! I'm sorry I'll miss you - heading down in a week!!

We're doing a split stay, and the WL thread is filled with people worried about the construction noise, and wanting to move - it dawned on me BCV is still renovating rooms - but there is no panic, or no reports from noise levels....

maybe I should check the Vacation Club threads!

Had a decent day yesterday. At parks all day. We are limited to th number of chaperones who van go to classes so I was solo at Mk. Mine train Peter pan with new line dumbo and little mermaid (first time for both) lunch at chh space splash big thunder small world ice cream tta buzz. Then mono to ep. Just time for soarin and supper. Illuminations delayed do we left. Today I go to class at Epcot. Hs later. I have a nighttime story that almost rivals the midnight fire drill. Ta ta. Time to make the breakfast!

You have the best times!

I know you are just getting the place ready for us! ;) We'll be down in a little over a week - please tell me -
How often do you have to reapply deodorant (or "How HOT is it?)

Sunscreen? how often?

(yes, I'm having some fun! being silly, and trying to stay on topic! ;)

Last edited:
Teena: Bob is my kind of guy!!! We are in major soccer overload right now with the world cup. My daughter is still training, we leave for Regionals next week! Not sure how we are going to handle sending her away for college soccer.....won't be able to watch too many more of her games :(

Have a safe and amazing trip!!!!

We have just entered the world of competitive soccer. My girls are 10 & 8 had our first big tournament this past weekend. So stressful on the sidelines. Lol

We're doing a split stay, and the WL thread is filled with people worried about the construction noise, and wanting to move - it dawned on me BCV is still renovating rooms - but there is no panic, or no reports from noise levels....

maybe I should check the Vacation Club threads!

BC is working on 2nd floor and no reports on the villas being started yet.

We have just entered the world of competitive soccer. My girls are 10 & 8 had our first big tournament this past weekend. So stressful on the sidelines. Lol

Yes it is!!!
this is our final year after 13 years! Both of my girls played during that time. We have met some of the most wonderful people, traveled to some very nice tournaments (including the Disney Showcase this past December), spent a fortune, have no life other than soccer...............and will miss it terribly!!!

4 more years of college soccer, then I guess we will just have to wait for grandkids!!!!

Enjoy it! It goes so very Fast!!!

Scary day for us. Ds was pitching and got hit in the head with a line drive. Spent all afternoon in ER.
He has a concussion, so no sports, no exams, not much of anything for the next few weeks, but it could
have been a lot worse.

Robyn...sorry to hear about your DS...very scary but glad he's on the road to recovery! My youngest DD is a soccer goalie competitively and for her high school so I can definitely relate with what you're going thru. The number of injuries she's sustained over the years is crazy and the trips to the ER are no fun!

Glad Jeanne made it ok and tell Bob it's been a zoo in our house with the world cup games...not sure who's been louder, Maddie or Carlos :upsidedow. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL trip...safe travels!

Dee...sounds like you are off to a great start...can't wait to read the stories :).

Yes it is!!!
this is our final year after 13 years! Both of my girls played during that time. We have met some of the most wonderful people, traveled to some very nice tournaments (including the Disney Showcase this past December), spent a fortune, have no life other than soccer...............and will miss it terribly!!!

4 more years of college soccer, then I guess we will just have to wait for grandkids!!!!

Enjoy it! It goes so very Fast!!!

We just put down $600 for soccer camp! Ya know what i could do at disney with that money. Lol

Unfortunately for me we have to cancel our September trip. DH decided to take a new job and will start next month and September is just too early to take off on a two week vacation to WDW after only being in the new job two months:confused3? Crazy new employer not understanding my need for WDW:rotfl2:. Natbenma, could you drop us from the Be our Guest list from the first page of this thread? That would be greatly appreciated!

I am thinking about trying to "sneak" in a week long trip possibly the week after Thanksgiving or the first or second week of January. In our past six long trips to WDW, we have only been in the September/October timeframe (although we were there in March 2013 on a one day port adventure in WDW on a cruise out of Galveston). So if anyone wants to share their feelings about visiting at those times of year - crowds, weather, etc., please do so, I would love to hear from you :disrocks:!

Unfortunately for me we have to cancel our September trip. DH decided to take a new job and will start next month and September is just too early to take off on a two week vacation to WDW after only being in the new job two months:confused3? Crazy new employer not understanding my need for WDW:rotfl2:. Natbenma, could you drop us from the Be our Guest list from the first page of this thread? That would be greatly appreciated!

I am thinking about trying to "sneak" in a week long trip possibly the week after Thanksgiving or the first or second week of January. In our past six long trips to WDW, we have only been in the September/October timeframe (although we were there in March 2013 on a one day port adventure in WDW on a cruise out of Galveston). So if anyone wants to share their feelings about visiting at those times of year - crowds, weather, etc., please do so, I would love to hear from you :disrocks:!

I've been there the first/second week of December and it's pretty fun...all the Christmas stuff is going on (LOVE LOVE LOVE the Osborn Lights!) and the crowds are not too bad - that changes about a week before Christmas.

I've also been there mid-January - also low crowds. The only drawback (minor!!) is that the crane is up at MK taking down the lights from the Castle, and all your photos looking down Main Street have this dumb crane in them.

Both of these times are low resort rates, but the weather is really "iffy". Can be a nice 75 degrees one day, and 40 the next...

@mrsclark we've been in early January for the Marathon week - we're crazy that way! DH likes to run marathons, and I like Disney... so I agreed to run a half marathon! LOL

Crowds really aren't that bad! But beware of traffic tie ups from time to time in the early mornings. I really enjoyed that the Christmas decorations were still up, one year Osbourn Lights were still going - that was amazing! and like jlundeen said, the weather can be gorgeous, or cold! I mean freezing cold! (as in 2010 the Marathon I was handing out cups of water and the top layer froze! Lots of plants were damaged, Disney replaced them so fast, it was magical!) No swimming - way too cold, they closed SAB, but the quiet pool was open, and one Canadian family did swim!

Dee - safe trip!

Scary day for us. Ds was pitching and got hit in the head with a line drive. Spent all afternoon in ER.
He has a concussion, so no sports, no exams, not much of anything for the next few weeks, but it could
have been a lot worse.

My DS played hockey, and they didn't take concussions serious back then, it was "he got his clock cleaned" and lots of laughing! but it was scary to me not knowing, I asked the school nurse, and we went to the pediatrician - HE took it serious! but, the schools and sport coaches weren't so open back then - and now ds is paying the price with migraines...

do take the doctor's advice, even though its hard for a sports person to sit on the sidelines when they feel "just fine" - it takes awhile for that brain to settle I can't imagine being hit with a line drive - the velocity of those hits!

Sounds like a busy day. Yikes on the nightmare story. Will be sure to drag out the popcorn when reading what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter