Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

With the move to these smaller "fridges" I have a feeling Disney is trying to make it less economical to buy milk and cereal as well as other breakfast items. Also these I believe are the type that are soda chiller boxes not real refrigerates so when people say they aren't cold enough and stuff is spoiling Disney can just say well it isn't meant to keep perishables cold it is just meant to chill beverages.

Also this model is actually safer for use inside a cabinet. The bigger ones can cause fires pretty easily as they need a ton of space to breath.

Wait, so the new refrigerators in the Yacht Club aren't truly refrigerators? They are only wine/beverage coolers? Is this true?

Wait, so the new refrigerators in the Yacht Club aren't truly refrigerators? They are only wine/beverage coolers? Is this true?

I don't know but it looks that way. I also know when I had friends at the resorts that is the script they were told to give when people complained that it wasn't cold enough.

Here are a few YC/BC updates:

SAB hours are 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. right now.
YC refurb finished on 4th floor; they are now working on 3rd floor.
All rooms should complete by August.
There is a new amenity in guest rooms - a one liter bottle of Dasani water provided with no charge.
The test program for Express Fresh is over, and the concept dropped and no longer available at YC.

Wow do you really think the yacht club will be done by August???? That will be great! What about the lobby are they done with any sort of construction in the yacht club lobby???

Hi guys! We are most likely staying CL at YC this November and I wanted to ask if YC and BC serve the same offerings. Does YC have kid friendly options (nuggets/Mac & cheese) like BC does? Thanks!
There are some differences, but you will be able to find "kid friendly" everywhere. Have stayed at both several times, and my kid never starved!

There are some differences, but you will be able to find "kid friendly" everywhere. Have stayed at both several times, and my kid never starved!

Thanks for your reply! If you could pick your favorite out of the two, which would you say is your favorite and why?

This will be my third BC trip. The first visit we booked Lagoon View and had a 4th floor room overlooking the "quiet" pool, which had a beautiful view of the lake and Boardwalk, but was not so quiet. The second trip we booked Lagoon View again, but were upgraded to CL and had a Garden View room on 5th floor overlooking the back BC entrance. Our October trip we have booked a Garden View. Where would you suggest we request? I'd like a full balcony, which I know is never a sure thing, but are any of the rooms overlooking the volleyball area Garden View? Anyone who has stayed Garden View have any recommendations?

This will be my third BC trip. The first visit we booked Lagoon View and had a 4th floor room overlooking the "quiet" pool, which had a beautiful view of the lake and Boardwalk, but was not so quiet. The second trip we booked Lagoon View again, but were upgraded to CL and had a Garden View room on 5th floor overlooking the back BC entrance. Our October trip we have booked a Garden View. Where would you suggest we request? I'd like a full balcony, which I know is never a sure thing, but are any of the rooms overlooking the volleyball area Garden View? Anyone who has stayed Garden View have any recommendations?
Yes, many of the rooms overlooking the volleyball court are garden view rooms. We usually stay garden view and most often get a room that faces Epcot. It has more trees than gardens. ;) We usually make our only request a full balcony, since that is most important to us. But this time I might request volleyball court. We had a room facing the volleyball court a year ago and we liked the location. :)

Do the balconies have chairs on them? What about ground level rooms? Also, on the ground level standard rooms, is the patio encircled with bushes/trees right in front, or is it grass and easy to get over to a walkway?

I saw one picture only on my search for what a ground view room may look like, looks like it had bushes around it. I don't know a thing about the BC yet, since we haven't been, so I don't know what area we would like better. I don't think we'll ask for the quiet pool area, can't imagine my kids being quiet at the pool, lol. Drawback is that it seems to be on the map quicker to Epcot.

page 847-849

It's actually going to be on Shipwreck Beach, right there at Beach Club. It should be quite nice!

That will be a beautiful location!

:goodvibes

Hello everyone! :flower3: I just booked our first stay at Yacht Club for this November! Our friends have convinced us that we HAVE to experience the Y & B Club! lol (we're celebrating my 40th!) I'm really excited about it! Any tips or must dos while we're there?! We love eating at the surrounding restaurants and then taking a walk around the Y&BC and Boardwalk property! It's so relaxing and beautiful over there! I'm looking forward to planning with everyone over the next few months! :yay::mickeyjum

Hi guys! We are most likely staying CL at YC this November and I wanted to ask if YC and BC serve the same offerings. Does YC have kid friendly options (nuggets/Mac & cheese) like BC does? Thanks!

:welcome: back to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

My understanding is that the offerings at the two club lounges are very similar if not identical. I have a link to pictures from my October 2016 YC CL stay on Page 1, Post 12- I tried to get very detailed pictures of food offered throughout the day. I'm pretty sure there were cups of peanut butter and of jelly. I don't remember mac & cheese or fried chicken nuggets, though.

:o

What kind (brand) of coffee pods are offered in the newly renovated YC rooms for the Keurig coffee makers?

GREAT QUESTION!!!

I can't tell from this photo- I'm guessing Joffrey's since they have a business association with Disney. Can anyone confirm?

keurig Derry Wade.jpg

Does anyone know how many standard room-King bed CL there are at the Beach Club? Touring plans only shows 1 all the way at the other end of the elevator and the lounge. I'm not sure if there were more added after the renovations. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort booked?

Unfortunately, I have never seen access to this info, although thanks for confirmation from @dansdad that there are more than 1.

::yes::

For whatever reason there is a funny internet standard that is a banana. In all serious though when you do an iPad or computer just make sure you say what size you have. My 9 inch iPad pro is very different sized then an 12 inch.

:banana::banana::banana:

I didn't know that!

When I take a picture, I try to use my travel folder as reference for size. However, I have also been known to bring along a tape measure on vacation to get actual measurements.

:thumbsup2

We start our vacation in 10 days!!! Quick question for those familiar with YC. Another family and my family both have Garden/Woods View. If you had to request a certain area which would you suggest? Should we go upper floors? Did I see that the 4th floor is fully renovated? Also I don't know if its the pictures but it looks like the views on the front side (entrance) to the Yacht Club are not that great. Should we request rooms on the quiet pool side or maybe the few that are available on the backside closer to the lake? Any thoughts on this would be excellent.

Also...online check-in or not? We want to be near our friends and they will get there in the am on arrival day and we'll be in around 7pm. I have informed WDW that we'd like close rooms to one another. What is the best chance for us to get "prime" rooms and be close to one another?

These next 10 days are going to kill me!!!!!!

The Standard View rooms are the ones that look out at the front entrance of the resort. A Woods/Garden View should have a view of a garden, courtyard/wedding gazebo, back entrance (lakeside) courtyard, woods or something green.

You can see some samples of views from the GV category here: Yacht Club Room Views

We are planning our first stay at Beach Club. It's always been MY dream resort. We've stayed at many resorts but never made it over to stay at BC, so I finally get my way! Our dates are 9/1-9/8. It will be a group of 9, 4 rooms. My daughter has no idea, but her boyfriend is proposing to her on this trip. He knows it's always been her dream to be proposed to at Disney and he's making that dream come true! I can't wait for the trip! My daughter doesn't even know that my sister is coming in from California. She's going to show up at the proposal! I'm helping her boyfriend plan it so any suggestions are welcome.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

What a fabulous family trip! You must be bursting with excitement!!!

I love the suggestions you have heard so far.

The lovely grassy gardens ("Missy's gardens) in front of the castle would be a beautiful spot, but as others have pointed out, could be crowded. Are people with early morning breakfast reservations still able to get in slightly ahead of the general masses Disney is now letting into Main Street early?

France is also a great suggestion.

Good luck- can't wait to hear the details!

:love:

Yacht Club Garden / Wood view room recommendations? Not ground floor. Not connecting. Not near elevator or maid service station. Thoughs?

When is your trip?

See the link above for some samples of room views.

What are your priorities for a room? Is it view or is it the qualities you mention that will tend to provide a quieter room?

Make sure you (or your travel agent) add your room requests to your reservation in the order of importance:

"Not ground floor, please. Away from elevator/service areas please"

We generally recommend that you describe your requests in a words rather than requesting a particular room number so that the room assingers know what is important to you.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for your input!

Is your upcoming trip at the Yacht or Beach Club?

As Wood Nymph mentioned, many of the rooms overlooking the Volleyball Court are GV. I had a room with a full balcony in Aug 2014. I'll look up the room number in a bit.

ETA: Room 4581
I have pictures of the room/view in the Beach Club View thread.

Maybe add "Full balcony, please. Overlooking volleyball courtyard if possible" to your reservation.

Last edited:
Do the balconies have chairs on them? What about ground level rooms? Also, on the ground level standard rooms, is the patio encircled with bushes/trees right in front, or is it grass and easy to get over to a walkway?

I saw one picture only on my search for what a ground view room may look like, looks like it had bushes around it. I don't know a thing about the BC yet, since we haven't been, so I don't know what area we would like better. I don't think we'll ask for the quiet pool area, can't imagine my kids being quiet at the pool, lol. Drawback is that it seems to be on the map quicker to Epcot.

Yes, the rooms with full balconies and the patio rooms (ground floor) have 2 chairs and a small table.

DSCF9098 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9096 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9097 - Copy.JPG

page 847-849

That will be a beautiful location!

:welcome: back to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

My understanding is that the offerings at the two club lounges are very similar if not identical. I have a link to pictures from my October 2016 YC CL stay on Page 1, Post 12- I tried to get very detailed pictures of food offered throughout the day. I'm pretty sure there were cups of peanut butter and of jelly. I don't remember mac & cheese or fried chicken nuggets, though.

:o

GREAT QUESTION!!!

I can't tell from this photo- I'm guessing Joffrey's since they have a business association with Disney. Can anyone confirm?

View attachment 231138

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort booked?

Unfortunately, I have never seen access to this info, although thanks for confirmation from @dansdad that there are more than 1.

:banana::banana::banana:

I didn't know that!

When I take a picture, I try to use my travel folder as reference for size. However, I have also been known to bring along a tape measure on vacation to get actual measurements.

:thumbsup2

The Standard View rooms are the ones that look out at the front entrance of the resort. A Woods/Garden View should have a view of a garden, courtyard/wedding gazebo, back entrance (lakeside) courtyard, woods or something green.

You can see some samples of views from the GV category here: Yacht Club Room Views

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

What a fabulous family trip! You must be bursting with excitement!!!

I love the suggestions you have heard so far.

The lovely grassy gardens ("Missy's gardens) in front of the castle would be a beautiful spot, but as others have pointed out, could be crowded. Are people with early morning breakfast reservations still able to get in slightly ahead of the general masses Disney is now letting into Main Street early?

France is also a great suggestion.

Good luck- can't wait to hear the details!

:love:

When is your trip?

See the link above for some samples of room views.

What are your priorities for a room? Is it view or is it the qualities you mention that will tend to provide a quieter room?

Make sure you (or your travel agent) add your room requests to your reservation in the order of importance:

"Not ground floor, please. Away from elevator/service areas please"

We generally recommend that you describe your requests in a words rather than requesting a particular room number so that the room assingers know what is important to you.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for your input!

Is your upcoming trip at the Yacht or Beach Club?

As Wood Nymph mentioned, many of the rooms overlooking the Volleyball Court are GV. I had a room with a full balcony in Aug 2014. I'll look up the room number in a bit.

ETA: Room 4581
I have pictures of the room/view in the Beach Club View thread.

Maybe add "Full balcony, please. Overlooking volleyball courtyard if possible" to your reservation.

Thank you so much! Our dates for YC are 11/26-12/2!

Hi all. We are renting DVC points for a studio in Beach Club. What kind of coffee maker do they have in the rooms? Is it ground coffee or k-cup? How many towels will they give us for a family of 4 if staying 6 nights? Thank you!

Hi all. We are renting DVC points for a studio in Beach Club. What kind of coffee maker do they have in the rooms? Is it ground coffee or k-cup? How many towels will they give us for a family of 4 if staying 6 nights? Thank you!

The studio coffee pots are Mr. Coffee pots, with the flat bottom filters.
You will receive 1 starter pack of coffee and 4 bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes in the Villa. On day 4 of a 7 night stay you will receive Trash & Towel service. They will empty the trash, replace the towels, and replenish the coffee/toiletries etc. You can purchase an additional towel pack, or pay for additional cleaning services. As a timeshare BCV do not have daily service.
You will need to bring additional coffee and filters. I bring the Maxwell House Filter Pack coffee/filter combo. It is very convenient and easy to transport.

The Villas have standard Mr. Coffee basket type coffee pots. You will need to bring filters (we bring 12 cup)--some of the pots are the small 4 cup pots, but we have always had a 12 cup even in a studio--and ground coffee.

While we are only a party of 2, we received 4 towels, wash cloths and hand towels. I think it is standard to place that many since, until recently, they only allowed 4 in a studio.

The studio coffee pots are Mr. Coffee pots, with the flat bottom filters.
You will receive 1 starter pack of coffee and 4 bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes in the Villa. On day 4 of a 7 night stay you will receive Trash & Towel service. They will empty the trash, replace the towels, and replenish the coffee/toiletries etc. You can purchase an additional towel pack, or pay for additional cleaning services. As a timeshare BCV do not have daily service.
You will need to bring additional coffee and filters. I bring the Maxwell House Filter Pack coffee/filter combo. It is very convenient and easy to transport.

Thank you! I looked them up and the combo packs are very convenient !

The Villas have standard Mr. Coffee basket type coffee pots. You will need to bring filters (we bring 12 cup)--some of the pots are the small 4 cup pots, but we have always had a 12 cup even in a studio--and ground coffee.

While we are only a party of 2, we received 4 towels, wash cloths and hand towels. I think it is standard to place that many since, until recently, they only allowed 4 in a studio.

Good to know! thanks so much

Next time you are updating the BoG list, please add us for Oct 9-13 BC. My sister made reservations for Food and Wine, so it looks like she, Pop, and I are going to enjoy our home down the road from home. The good thing is being able to drink and not have to worry about getting home (as the only driver in the family). Love the relaxed atmosphere of BC and going back for a nap when I get tired.

We're staying at the YC this August. We really use the refrigerator for leftovers and my children always have milk before bed. I really hope they are just not "coolers". They are usually just "cool" and not "cold" and would not really keep milk fresh. I wonder if I could request a refrigerator?

We're staying at the YC this August. We really use the refrigerator for leftovers and my children always have milk before bed. I really hope they are just not "coolers". They are usually just "cool" and not "cold" and would not really keep milk fresh. I wonder if I could request a refrigerator?

The fridges in the rooms are more than just coolers. Heck, I've frozen a bunch of water bottles in the fridges over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter