Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone, we are a family of four staying in a BC 1BR villa later this month for the first time. I’ve found a lot of good info here and elsewhere, but still have a few questions for those in the know (and apologies in advance if I’ve missed these answers somewhere). First, I see many here talking about room preference requests, but the only options to choose from that I see online revolve around which floor you’d like to be on or near the elevator. If hoping for, say, a pool view room (I realize it would be the quiet pool) or a specific type of balcony, is that something I should call Disney directly to request?

We also plan to have a Garden Grocer delivery made the day we arrive, and I’m trying to determine if we need to buy coffee or not. From what I’ve read it sounds like the 1BR villas (we booked directly through Disney and paid cash, not points) do receive Mousekeeping services and have coffee replaced daily if needed? Is this correct?

I’m pretty sure we can swim at SAB the day we arrive even if our room is not ready yet when we get there, but if so are there convenient bathrooms where we could change into swimwear privately?

Thanks so much for any and all assistance, and I’m sure more questions will occur to me as time goes on.

Hi everyone, we are a family of four staying in a BC 1BR villa later this month for the first time. I’ve found a lot of good info here and elsewhere, but still have a few questions for those in the know (and apologies in advance if I’ve missed these answers somewhere). First, I see many here talking about room preference requests, but the only options to choose from that I see online revolve around which floor you’d like to be on or near the elevator. If hoping for, say, a pool view room (I realize it would be the quiet pool) or a specific type of balcony, is that something I should call Disney directly to request?

We also plan to have a Garden Grocer delivery made the day we arrive, and I’m trying to determine if we need to buy coffee or not. From what I’ve read it sounds like the 1BR villas (we booked directly through Disney and paid cash, not points) do receive Mousekeeping services and have coffee replaced daily if needed? Is this correct?

I’m pretty sure we can swim at SAB the day we arrive even if our room is not ready yet when we get there, but if so are there convenient bathrooms where we could change into swimwear privately?

Thanks so much for any and all assistance, and I’m sure more questions will occur to me as time goes on.

You need to make your requests through Disney since you have booked through Disney. Decide your preference , e.g., pool view, near lobby, etc.

Your choice whether to buy coffee or not. Since you are on cash through Disney, you will receive replacements daily. If you like Joffrey's coffee then you should be good. We are not fans and prefer to bring our own.

You can definitely swim at SAB on arrival day and there are changing/shower rooms, but no lockers within those facilities. Your magic bands will be checked prior to entry to SAB to verify that you are guests. There are lockers poolside for your items and located just inside the pool area. The shower/changing areas are located near the restrooms just past Beaches & Cream.

BCV elevators are really loud and ding twice when they arrive at the floor. Do NOT request “near elevator” unless you have mobility issues. You may hear elevator whirring noises in your room if you are too close.

You need to make your requests through Disney since you have booked through Disney. Decide your preference , e.g., pool view, near lobby, etc.

Your choice whether to buy coffee or not. Since you are on cash through Disney, you will receive replacements daily. If you like Joffrey's coffee then you should be good. We are not fans and prefer to bring our own.

You can definitely swim at SAB on arrival day and there are changing/shower rooms, but no lockers within those facilities. Your magic bands will be checked prior to entry to SAB to verify that you are guests. There are lockers poolside for your items and located just inside the pool area. The shower/changing areas are located near the restrooms just past Beaches & Cream.

Thank you so much for all the helpful information! I’m able to make just the requests I mentioned (low/high floor, near elevator) through the My Disney Experience app, so I guess I’ll just call the hotel itself. I like the idea of requesting a pool view, do any that have had one remember what the balcony situation was like? Were there any other advantages/disadvantages to having a 1BR villa with a pool view?

I’ve had Joffrey’s in the parks, I think just once in Epcot. I can’t remember feeling strongly about it one way or the other, so we’re most likely fine with that.

Thanks for the confirmation on SAB, and the locations of the lockers and shower/changing areas.

Thank you so much for all the helpful information! I’m able to make just the requests I mentioned (low/high floor, near elevator) through the My Disney Experience app, so I guess I’ll just call the hotel itself. I like the idea of requesting a pool view, do any that have had one remember what the balcony situation was like? Were there any other advantages/disadvantages to having a 1BR villa with a pool view?

You misunderstood. When someone advised you, "You need to make your requests through Disney since you have booked through Disney," they meant you need to call 1-407-W-DISNEY to give your room requests. Once you do that, do not make requests through the My Disney Experience app as part of online check-in; we have heard that if you make a request through the MDE app as part of online check-in, it will override and delete the requests you made by phone.

You were told to make the requests "through Disney" to differentiate from people whose reservation was made with points, whether because they are a DVC member or they rented directly from a DVC member or they rented using a rental agency. If a reservation is made using points, the DVC member has to contact DVC Member Services to make room requests. You apparently have a cash reservation made through Disney, so you do not go through DVC Member Services to make a room request.

You cannot "call the hotel itself." Any time you think you are calling the hotel, you are actually speaking to someone at an off-site call center, even if they answer the phone in such a way as to make it sound like they are at the hotel.

Keep in mind that Beach Club Villas is almost always at full or near full capacity. The likelihood of getting your room request may be lower than at other resorts.

For my last stay, I got the exact opposite of what I requested. BCV has 5 floors. I tried requesting a room ending in one of two numbers. I assumed they would realize that if I could not get one of those 10 rooms, they would put me in a nearby room. Nope.

You may want to decide what is most important to you - type of balcony or view or location or something else. Choose the one most important thing and put that in your room request.

You misunderstood. When someone advised you, "You need to make your requests through Disney since you have booked through Disney," they meant you need to call 1-407-W-DISNEY to give your room requests. Once you do that, do not make requests through the My Disney Experience app as part of online check-in; we have heard that if you make a request through the MDE app as part of online check-in, it will override and delete the requests you made by phone.

You were told to make the requests "through Disney" to differentiate from people whose reservation was made with points, whether because they are a DVC member or they rented directly from a DVC member or they rented using a rental agency. If a reservation is made using points, the DVC member has to contact DVC Member Services to make room requests. You apparently have a cash reservation made through Disney, so you do not go through DVC Member Services to make a room request.

You cannot "call the hotel itself." Any time you think you are calling the hotel, you are actually speaking to someone at an off-site call center, even if they answer the phone in such a way as to make it sound like they are at the hotel.

Keep in mind that Beach Club Villas is almost always at full or near full capacity. The likelihood of getting your room request may be lower than at other resorts.

For my last stay, I got the exact opposite of what I requested. BCV has 5 floors. I tried requesting a room ending in one of two numbers. I assumed they would realize that if I could not get one of those 10 rooms, they would put me in a nearby room. Nope.

You may want to decide what is most important to you - type of balcony or view or location or something else. Choose the one most important thing and put that in your room request.

Thanks so much for all the clarification. I have not made any requests through MDE, was just noting that these were the only options on there. I’ll plan to keep those set at “None,” and give a call. I realized when I typed calling the hotel itself that this was most likely NOT the actual situation and I’d be calling the number you referenced, as this was the same number I used to book the reservation initially. On MDE there’s an option for “Call Resort Hotel” which I think put that terminology in my head.

I’ll definitely take your advice for rolling with just one prioritized request, with the understanding that it’s no guarantee. What I’d still like to learn more about is just how much people that have stayed there have felt about the different rooms. Is the pool view request worthwhile? Is there something else I should be focusing on instead? I like the idea of looking out at the quiet pool and lights at night from our balcony, but if having a room located elsewhere is for whatever reason more strategic for getting out and about, avoiding noise, too far from/too close to the elevator, etc., I’d like to take that into consideration as well. For that matter, do people feel strongly about ground floor vs higher up?

Thanks again, Cheers!

I’ll definitely take your advice for rolling with just one prioritized request, with the understanding that it’s no guarantee. What I’d still like to learn more about is just how much people that have stayed there have felt about the different rooms. Is the pool view request worthwhile? Is there something else I should be focusing on instead? I like the idea of looking out at the quiet pool and lights at night from our balcony, but if having a room located elsewhere is for whatever reason more strategic for getting out and about, avoiding noise, too far from/too close to the elevator, etc., I’d like to take that into consideration as well. For that matter, do people feel strongly about ground floor vs higher up?

I'm not going to be much help because I don't care about the balcony or the view. I keep the drapes closed. I think I mentioned that you don't want to be near the elevator at BCV due to noise issues.

I think the BCV quiet pool is beautiful when you walk by it. But I had a quiet pool view once and I didn't think it was any big deal looking down on it. It was loud - just one really loud obnoxious middle-aged person out there, but it was annoying.

BCV is not known for its views, so ground floor versus higher up isn't that big a deal. The building was constructed after the main resort opened. I think it was built on a cast member parking lot. It wasn't designed for views.

Have you seen this? You may find it helpful. It shows you the BCV layout.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Hi all! I had one more question about the cabanas at the resort.
When booking does the 180+10 apply? Or is it 180+14 now?
We check in on Sept 6th but want to book cabana on Sept 18th. Would I be able to book the cabana at my 180 days from check in or do I need to wait till 180 days before Sept 18th?

Last edited:

“Full balcony” used to always be an option on MDE, but I’ve noticed that has vanished in the last few weeks. They often have issues like this on MDE so it will probably be fixed soon, if that’s something that you want to request and aren’t going just yet.

I'm not going to be much help because I don't care about the balcony or the view. I keep the drapes closed. I think I mentioned that you don't want to be near the elevator at BCV due to noise issues.

I think the BCV quiet pool is beautiful when you walk by it. But I had a quiet pool view once and I didn't think it was any big deal looking down on it. It was loud - just one really loud obnoxious middle-aged person out there, but it was annoying.

BCV is not known for its views, so ground floor versus higher up isn't that big a deal. The building was constructed after the main resort opened. I think it was built on a cast member parking lot. It wasn't designed for views.

Have you seen this? You may find it helpful. It shows you the BCV layout.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

I have seen that layout, but it’s still helpful, thanks!

It sounds like I’m possibly overthinking it with regard to the view (and maybe even requests in general). I like the pics I’ve seen online of the pool lit up at night and feel it would be a nice view, but that’s something that’s also not a dealbreaker by any stretch. Perhaps I’d rather be located a bit closer to the Beach Club hotel proper/SAB, and/or the walkway to Epcot. Looking at that map, I’m not positive it really matters all that much, though.

“Full balcony” used to always be an option on MDE, but I’ve noticed that has vanished in the last few weeks. They often have issues like this on MDE so it will probably be fixed soon, if that’s something that you want to request and aren’t going just yet.

I feel like I’d remembered seeing more options on MDE for previous trips too, which is why I mentioned that the only options I was seeing currently were limited to floor and/or proximity to the elevator. Pretty sure I had used MDE for room requests prior and been able to be more choosy.

It has been a long time, years since I have been on the boards. :wave2: There were various reasons we could not go to the parks much in the last few years and it was less sad to stay off the boards. We are now FL residents so hopefully we can start going again.

I just booked our quick resort only trip for my birthday this year June 2-3 at Beach Club!! I'm so excited, we have gone many times to DW and stayed at SOG but never anywhere else on site. Knocking a few things off the bucket list, stay on site in a deluxe resort and wake up in disney on my birthday (we have gone for the kids and hubby but not mine). I also made reservations for beaches and cream so I can have the no way jose on my birthday, been meaning to try that one for a long time.

A Beach Club garden view room came available for our Club Level stay! Should we switch from standard? $50 more night. We are going to request a full balcony.

We are back from a wonderful trip. We were in room 5681,SV CL, which was above Storm Along Bay. We could hear the noise from the afternoon pool party, even with the door closed. But other than that, the room was very quiet. It did not have a connecting door and it was the last room in the hall, so there was only one neighboring room. The room is located in section above Cape May and there aren't very many rooms in this hallway.

5681.JPG
room 5681 - standard view club level
two queen beds and a daybed
full balcony, dormer room, Roman shades

5681 day bed Roman shades.JPG

5681 day bed.JPG

5681 two queens.JPG

The room did not have a connecting door. The bathroom was the standard two sinks and tub/shower. There will be a copy in the room view thread.

Last edited:
Views from room 5681

5681 roof view.JPG

5681 roof.JPG

These HVAC vents looked brand new - all shiny and noisy. I wold not want to be in the rooms that are close to these vents.

5681 SAB view.JPG

The room had a great view of SAB when sitting on the balcony.

5681 look down.JPG
That is the exit door across from Martha's Vineyard.

5681 view to left.JPG
The balcony next door was the extra long balcony for the corner room.

5681 outside.JPG

Room 5681 is circled in yellow.

5681 SAB night.JPG

I couldn't see any fireworks from this room.

The Roman shades let in a lot of light from the pool lights at night. I had some clothes pins with me so I attached some paper to the shades to shades to block the light. It worked fairly well but some lightweight dark fabric would have worked better. I would guess that most of the rooms on the 5th floor would have Roman shades since most of the rooms have dormers.

Last edited:
A Beach Club garden view room came available for our Club Level stay! Should we switch from standard? $50 more night. We are going to request a full balcony.

I believe all of the BC CL GV rooms do have full balconies, if that helps.

Only you can decide if the $50 a night is worth it? How many people?

The breakfast offerings are really good, so you can justify some of the increase in the breakfast, snacks and apps/desserts/beverages in the evening.

:)

Those are great pics, Wood Nymph. Thanks for sharing, it‘s getting me even more pumped for our upcoming stay at the BC Villas! Have always wanted to stay at BC, and this will be our first time. I assume the weather was great for swimming?

It was chilly on our arrival day and departure day but the rest of the week was warm. In fact, two of our days were very hot, with record breaking 90's on Thursday. :)

Wood Nymph, I am truly sad right now. I've followed this board on and off for YEARS and yours is a familiar name. We checked in the day after you did. And we were in room 5680!!! I would have LOVED to meet you. My fault obviously for not checking the "be our guest" list, but what were the odds of being so close to someone I "know? I feel like I was in the presence of royalty and missed my chance to meet you :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter