Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1915-1916

What? I was there last weekend and they had the touch screen machines

:welcome:

Thanks for the info.

:thumbsup2

The date I’ve seen thrown around a few times is March of 2022. Obviously hasn’t been announced by Disney but that’s the best I got.

Thank you!

::yes::

Our family will be staying at BC November 25, 2022 - December 5, 2022. This will be our fist time at Beach Club.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Would anyone currently at the resort mind sharing the movies under the stars for the week? I saw Dee’s photo for August but the parks blog said there would be princess movies this week.

princess:

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Beach club!!! We had two full pool days at the end of our trip on the 20th and 21st. We were in storm along bay from 10am until late afternoon both days and I will say we never had a problem getting a few tubes to float around the lazy river. Even when the line for the slide was all the way down the steps it was never more then an 8-10 minute wait. Saturday the 21st more crowded then Friday, but not terribly packed like I have seen at other resorts where they do not check your bands before entering the pool. We had a deluxe room and it’s now our new favorite room! We even decided for scenery to take the skyliner to hollywood studios from the back entrance to epcot one afternoon and found it very quick during the off hours (not park opening or closing so skyliner is a walk on). Loved the new beach club merch this trip like the tervis cup and baseball cap. Great souvenirs to remember this trip! Also the shower near the pool was awesome to freshen us all up before we started our road trip back home last night. The only negatives to this stay was there wasn’t a bounceback (I understand, but still past years it was always nice to book our next summer’s trip before we left) and the odd bus situation. One night we went to disney sorings by a full size charter bus…not very Disney ish. I almost thought we were boarding a bus back to the airport!! My kids missed guessing which theme bus we would get (the charter bus was plain, white, no audio message, it just felt weird), and we waited on the bus on return for several minutes until someone could operate the back gate, Seems the charter bus had no way to remotely activate it.

Thank you for your review. Glad you had a great time.

:cool2:

So excited for my 50th birthday girls trip!! It’ll be my daughter and her college roommate and her mom!! Staying for the first time at Beach Club! October 19-24 for Fall Break.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes:

I'm so incredibly excited! Hubby turned 50 just a few months ago and we wanted to go to Disney for 4 nights to do the F & W festival mostly. First kid-free trip in 22 years! Anyway, we always, always stay at the YC or BC. Creatures of habit. The cost for the room was almost double what we paid 2 years ago. I just couldn't do it.... so we booked the Dolphin on June 8th for September 9-13. I just didn't feel that "magic" in planning... I can't explain it. Last night I was looking online and saw that a bunch of resorts have vacancies and the BC was lower than what it was when I first looked in June. I switched our rezzies to the BC!!! We'll be there in 18 days and the magic is back! I've been on cloud-9 all day! My happy place! <3

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

This morning I woke up not knowing the next time I would be in disney world. By lunch time I was booked at the Beach Club 3 weeks from tomorrow! I'll be there September 17-21st!

My brother lives in Florida and works for disney. His A/C in his vehicle went out. No a/c in Florida is brutal.. He's tired of throwing money into the old thing and he can't afford a car payment at the moment. So...I'm giving him my car. This gives me an excuse to drive down to Florida. (I helped him move down there a few years ago for the sole purpose of being able to go to disney for a few days. My sister and cousin joined me - turning it into a girls trip! We didn't do any parks but we ate a lot and shopped and played mini golf!)

My original intention was to drive down either by myself or with my mom...but my husband decided he doesn't hate disney THAT much so he's going to join me. He's never stayed at the Beach Club, but I know he will love it as much as I do! I got to spend my 21st birthday there and I'm so excited to return!

Now to read up on all that's happening! Luckily, I stay well informed with what is going on in disney so I know what to expect. Now its time to dig a little deeper to figure out what's going on at the beach club!

Just looked at my disney reservation on the APP and its says Q4 BRD disney resort hotel package. Any ideas what that means?

After almost a year of ruminating at when our next trip would be, having booked, cancelled, and rebooked several times, we finally made the decision. And this time it seems real. We’ve had several dates booked in the past and moved them around throughout the whole pandemic, but this time we’ve gone for it - we booked flights and bought our park tickets. Given that this trip has been postponed numerous times, we’re kind of planning to go all out for this trip - as we haven’t had a vacation outside of a few short trips to Cape Cod since summer of 2019 and haven't been to Disney since February of 2019.

So we leave for Disney for seven nights at the Beach Club on Tuesday, April 19th, 2022, returning on Tuesday April 26th, 2022. So excited to finally have this in the plans, and unless things totally go off the deep end, we’re sticking to this one. So excited, it can’t come soon enough after all the stress of the past 2 years. Can't wait to return to my favorite resort!

“BRD” has shown up a few times over the years, based on posts around boards like this. Some have said “basic room discount”, but who knows if accurate. The general consensus when this comes up seems to be that deciphering some of Disney’s resort booking codes is close to impossible.

So, due to excessive drama on the part of my crazyass FIL, I have been a good wife and responsible adult and cancelled our Labour Day Sneak Away and our MK 50th trips to YC, so DH doesn’t have to stress about leaving his dad without a babysitter. So, now we’re doing a full week instead of two long weekends, which mostly evens out, except I lose Boo Bash and the Remy passholder preview, and all of the 50th frivolity, but I’m working hard on being a grownup about it.

Our rescheduled date to return to Stormalong Bay is now a few weeks later, Oct 16-24, half at YC and half in a 1bdrm at BCV. Fingers crossed that we will be still able to get across the border by then.

Questions:

Favourite room request for BCV? Pool view so it’s away from the traffic on that road out back, or Epcot view to try to see fireworks? Or, maybe just “ready early” so we can move straight over from YC without having to deal with bell services? Thoughts?

And, has anyone ever tried to request a Keurig when staying at BCV? Do you think they’d bring one? DH doesn’t drink coffee so I really only need to make one cup for me.

So, due to excessive drama on the part of my crazyass FIL, I have been a good wife and responsible adult and cancelled our Labour Day Sneak Away and our MK 50th trips to YC, so DH doesn’t have to stress about leaving his dad without a babysitter. So, now we’re doing a full week instead of two long weekends, which mostly evens out, except I lose Boo Bash and the Remy passholder preview, and all of the 50th frivolity, but I’m working hard on being a grownup about it.

Our rescheduled date to return to Stormalong Bay is now a few weeks later, Oct 16-24, half at YC and half in a 1bdrm at BCV. Fingers crossed that we will be still able to get across the border by then.

Questions:

Favourite room request for BCV? Pool view so it’s away from the traffic on that road out back, or Epcot view to try to see fireworks? Or, maybe just “ready early” so we can move straight over from YC without having to deal with bell services? Thoughts?

And, has anyone ever tried to request a Keurig when staying at BCV? Do you think they’d bring one? DH doesn’t drink coffee so I really only need to make one cup for me.
Unless you mean Oct. 16th-24th of 2023 you should still (at least) get some of the 50th celebration since it lasts for 18 months. Not as fun as a couple of trips - but still nice. (Still…I would be upset about missing Remy and Boo Bash too - so you are more of an adult than I am 🙂)

Unless you mean Oct. 16th-24th of 2023 you should still (at least) get some of the 50th celebration since it lasts for 18 months. Not as fun as a couple of trips - but still nice. (Still…I would be upset about missing Remy and Boo Bash too - so you are more of an adult than I am 🙂)

We were supposed to be there for the actual October 1st start. :-( Yeah, I really hate my FIL right now.

I’m selfishly hoping that October 1st is overly crowded, with long lines, and with no amazing things to mark the day…I can live if all they hand out is an “I’m Celebrating“ button and the only special stuff is an overpriced cupcake.

I'll put my two cents in, and someone may give you better advice later.

Regarding an Epcot view at BCV - keep in mind that the trees keep growing. I'm not sure you will see fireworks even if you are facing the right direction; the trees may block your view. I know people sometimes rely on the views shown on the Touring Plans website, but I don't know if those photos ever get replaced with new ones.

I once had a view of the BCV quiet pool, and noise from the pool made it difficult to nap. I looked out the window and discovered that the noise was not coming from children; it was coming from one extremely loud (possibly inebriated) middle aged man in the pool. So noise from the road is not necessarily worse than noise from the pool.

My main advice about room requests at BCV is: never request a room near the elevator unless you have mobility issues. There is some fluke with building design, and you hear the elevator whirring when you are in rooms very close to it. It's worse than road noise or pool noise.

You can certainly try asking housekeeping to bring you a Keurig. But if supplies for BCV rooms are kept separate from supplies for BC/YC rooms, keep in mind that a Keurig is not a BCV supply.

So, we were suppose to be pulling up to BWI today, but we live in South Louisiana, so Friday I called and was able to move my dates & had to move my resort to YC, checking in Wednesday 9-1 to 9-7. We like YC, so no biggie there. I was able to get park passes where I wanted and some of the dining. Now we’re hoping/praying everything is still standing after tonight & we’ll be able to go. And of course, my heart goes out to everyone in it’s path, but especially all those in the small Cajun towns that are going to be slammed by Ida, but won’t get the national attention & help that the major cities get. Been there. :hug:

Just looked at my disney reservation on the APP and its says Q4 BRD disney resort hotel package. Any ideas what that means?
4th quarter broad room discount?
“BRD” has shown up a few times over the years, based on posts around boards like this. Some have said “basic room discount”, but who knows if accurate. The general consensus when this comes up seems to be that deciphering some of Disney’s resort booking codes is close to impossible.

I have three trips booked and our September trip to WL, which I booked with the general public discount, is listed as Q4BRD. The other two trips that don't have discounts are listed as Room Only. So it looks like basic room discount is right. Disney ends its fiscal year on Sept 30th, so Q4 would indicate that the discount occurs in the 4th quarter (July-Sept) of Disney's fiscal year. :)
We were supposed to be there for the actual October 1st start. :-( Yeah, I really hate my FIL right now.

I’m selfishly hoping that October 1st is overly crowded, with long lines, and with no amazing things to mark the day…I can live if all they hand out is an “I’m Celebrating“ button and the only special stuff is an overpriced cupcake.
We booked our trip for the last week of October because I wanted to avoid the October 1st crowds. Disney will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary for more than a year, so I don't think we will be missing much. :)

Now we’re hoping/praying everything is still standing after tonight & we’ll be able to go. And of course, my heart goes out to everyone in it’s path, but especially all those in the small Cajun towns that are going to be slammed by Ida, but won’t get the national attention & help that the major cities get. Been there. :hug:

It sounds like a very dangerous hurricane. I can't imagine how hard this must be for people in its path.

Woo-hoo! We will be coming to BCV Sept 12-18! And we just changed our flights to arrive earlier Sunday morning and leave later Saturday afternoon...gets us nearly another day's worth of time. Excited for Food & Wine...I did it 10 years ago, hubby has never been to it. Also loving the crowd levels I'm seeing on TP...1 and 2 that week! Yay!!

What impact does Marathon Weekend have on Yacht Club? It looks like only the 10k race goes around the full loop around the lake, but I'm more-so curious about being able to walk on the boardwalk the morning of the races, as well as use the international gateway entrance to EPCOT.

Does that entrance fully close until the race is finished? And if so, what time is that (usually)? Thanks all!

What impact does Marathon Weekend have on Yacht Club? It looks like only the 10k race goes around the full loop around the lake, but I'm more-so curious about being able to walk on the boardwalk the morning of the races, as well as use the international gateway entrance to EPCOT.

Does that entrance fully close until the race is finished? And if so, what time is that (usually)? Thanks all!

Other people can do a better job of telling you what it is like for Marathon weekend, but I do know a little. First of all, you can often hear the music and the fireworks go off at the beginning of the races. Any of the races that run around Crescent Lake, if any, have the runners stay on the BWI side of the lake. The International Gateway is open and the racers don't use it. All of the racers start very early in the morning, so the shorter ones will be over before most parks open. They won't let people into International Gateway before park opening time. So runners have to take the bus to the start line. They can't walk through Epcot to get there.

As far as inconvenience to resorts guests, it doesn't have much of an impact. It is fun to watch the runners and we enjoy cheering them on. Some runners make their way to the Beach Club beach for a nice rest. :)

Last edited:

Only 2 races impact the Epcot Lake Resorts area during MW; the 10K [Friday] and full [Sunday]. Both of these races start at 5:00 AM using a wave process. Roughly speaking mile 4.5 - 5.5 for the 10K are run around Crescent Lake [clockwise] entering by the BW from Epcot, past the BW area and over the bridge past the YC/BC and back to Epcot. It's my estimate that the last runners for the 10K will have vacated the BW area by 7:15/7:30 AM based on the wave starts and 16 minute mile requirement. I have attached a picture which shows us on the BW after the 10K and after being dropped off. This was around 7:30 AM. Note the throngs of people we are battling. [insert sarcasm]

Both the 10K and full marathon enter into Epcot from the BW area via backstage with no impact on the IG entrance. You [runners] take a left just before the Skyliner station and enter Epcot from the back of the UK Pavilion. The IG entrance is fully operational during the full with the last runners usually coming through around 1:00/2:00 PM. They'll have cones set up for a narrow walkway that parallels the course for the walk to IG. When the full ran by the YC/BC they routed you directly to IG but with the course change to run only by the BW they now route YC/BC guest under the bridge adjacent to the canal.

So, in summary and as already confirmed by the PP, there is no impact to the IG entrance for either race. If you are out for a pre-park walk around the resorts that is still doable as well. There will be plenty of signage as well to help you navigate! In closing, it's a great time of year to go. Fortunately, we will be there again for MW in 2022. Unfortunately, I have retired [or should I say my achilles have gone on strike] from long distance running and MW after 16 years. I can still cheer the runners on though! Any questions, fire away!

Postrace BW1.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter