Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only 2 races impact the Epcot Lake Resorts area during MW; the 10K [Friday] and full [Sunday]. Both of these races start at 5:00 AM using a wave process. Roughly speaking mile 4.5 - 5.5 for the 10K are run around Crescent Lake [clockwise] entering by the BW from Epcot, past the BW area and over the bridge past the YC/BC and back to Epcot. It's my estimate that the last runners for the 10K will have vacated the BW area by 7:15/7:30 AM based on the wave starts and 16 minute mile requirement. I have attached a picture which shows us on the BW after the 10K and after being dropped off. This was around 7:30 AM. Note the throngs of people we are battling. [insert sarcasm]

Both the 10K and full marathon enter into Epcot from the BW area via backstage with no impact on the IG entrance. You [runners] take a left just before the Skyliner station and enter Epcot from the back of the UK Pavilion. The IG entrance is fully operational during the full with the last runners usually coming through around 1:00/2:00 PM. They'll have cones set up for a narrow walkway that parallels the course for the walk to IG. When the full ran by the YC/BC they routed you directly to IG but with the course change to run only by the BW they now route YC/BC guest under the bridge adjacent to the canal.

So, in summary and as already confirmed by the PP, there is no impact to the IG entrance for either race. If you are out for a pre-park walk around the resorts that is still doable as well. There will be plenty of signage as well to help you navigate! In closing, it's a great time of year to go. Fortunately, we will be there again for MW in 2022. Unfortunately, I have retired [or should I say my achilles have gone on strike] from long distance running and MW after 16 years. I can still cheer the runners on though! Any questions, fire away!

View attachment 600748

That’s a great photo. Man, runD post races are always the best.

returned yesterday from a great stay at YC. had a great waterview room (5151) and could see epcot forever pretty perfectly. only complaint was the work being done on the rooms. one day they definitely were on our balcony while we were gone because our stuff was moved around. then the next day while we were getting ready the workers climbed onto our balcony. i was like what are you doing? we are still in here getting ready. i spoke to the manager that night and she said that was weird because they were not supposed to be working on our side and to let her know if it happened again. 2 days later they almost did the same thing but I stopped them and told them the front desk said not to work out there. i never got a chance to mention it again to the manager but i did get a survey so i will be mentioning it in there, and if anyone knows a good place to email with concerns/issues like that can you let me know?

all in all though it was a perfect room and aside from those mishaps we had a pretty perfect trip. love the epcot area. going to be hard to stay anywhere else after our last 3 trips (BC, Swan, and now YC).

returned yesterday from a great stay at YC. had a great waterview room (5151) and could see epcot forever pretty perfectly. only complaint was the work being done on the rooms. one day they definitely were on our balcony while we were gone because our stuff was moved around. then the next day while we were getting ready the workers climbed onto our balcony. i was like what are you doing? we are still in here getting ready. i spoke to the manager that night and she said that was weird because they were not supposed to be working on our side and to let her know if it happened again. 2 days later they almost did the same thing but I stopped them and told them the front desk said not to work out there. i never got a chance to mention it again to the manager but i did get a survey so i will be mentioning it in there, and if anyone knows a good place to email with concerns/issues like that can you let me know?

all in all though it was a perfect room and aside from those mishaps we had a pretty perfect trip. love the epcot area. going to be hard to stay anywhere else after our last 3 trips (BC, Swan, and now YC).
here is a contact wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Curious, anyone know what they are serving these days at Hurricane Hannas? I saw that the grill is not operating, and it is something that we did on occasion for a quick meal by Crescent Lake...

Curious, anyone know what they are serving these days at Hurricane Hannas? I saw that the grill is not operating, and it is something that we did on occasion for a quick meal by Crescent Lake...

its weird. The first day it said no grill but a couple days later i saw people with chicken tenders. So maybe its hit or miss?

Other people have reported you can order things not on the menu. I guess they are getting them from inside.

We’re only 9 days away from our next trip. We’re still going, but I’m not nearly as excited as I usually am. Luckily it isn’t a once in a lifetime trip. I’m hoping the crowds stay light for the next 2 weeks. If not & we’re uncomfortable in the parks, we’ll just chill around the resort.

This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

42926.jpeg

Hi all,

Quick question on amenities of the YC room, as our trip is coming up. Do these rooms contain the travel size shampoo/conditioner/body wash or are they the mounted to the wall kind like many renovated rooms?

I do way more lurking than I do posting, but I have decided to post about my Yacht Club stay last week. It was a way too short 3 night stay that I booked as an opaque deal on a third party website (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the website).

This was my second time staying at YC, the first time being a 1 night stay I think a couple years ago. It was right after the rooms were refurbished, whenever that was. Let me just say that I was not impressed with that first stay. I had booked a garden view room at a pretty good rate (through Disney), and my room was about as far away from the lobby as it could possibly be. I got turned around a couple of times trying to find the room, which was very frustrating. Also, I thought that the room was very generic and could have been any hotel room in any city. YC had been on my bucket list for a long time and I was so disappointed with this stay.

I'm normally a Value, Moderate, or Swan/Dolphin type person because I just can't justify paying the usually exorbitant prices that Disney charges for their Deluxe Resorts. This stay was cheaper than Swolphin.

Well, fast forward to August 2021 and let me tell you, I am now in love with this resort and it will be mighty difficult for me to be happy anywhere else. My room number was 4171 and it was a King bed water view room. This room is right around the corner from the elevator, so very close to the lobby. Perfect location! My view was of the Friendship boat dock and I enjoyed watching the boats come and go. And let me tell you, I had a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks! I was so surprised that first night when I heard them going off, so I went out on to my balcony and there they were! Watched them from my balcony every night while enjoying a glass of wine. Perfection!

Very interestingly, I had housekeeping services every day and the mousekeeper even made my bed. I didn't think they were doing that right now. It was greatly appreciated!

So to all of my fellow Dis Boards YC fans, my sincere apologies for wondering why anyone would want to stay here. I get it now!

@TeenaS so glad to see you back. Lily has gotten so grown up and it's great she can fly out to spend time with you (and disney). It will be a while before we get to travel but I'm betting you'll be meeting up with many friends, old and new, in no time. Health to enjoy and best of luck in your new home :goodvibes

This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.
Teena - it is really good to see you on the thread. We will be at the WL the last week of Sept and at the BC the last week in October. We would love to meet up. I'll contact you when we are closer to our dates. :)

Page 1916-1918

This morning I woke up not knowing the next time I would be in disney world. By lunch time I was booked at the Beach Club 3 weeks from tomorrow! I'll be there September 17-21st!

*snip*

Now to read up on all that's happening! Luckily, I stay well informed with what is going on in disney so I know what to expect. Now its time to dig a little deeper to figure out what's going on at the beach club!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

After almost a year of ruminating at when our next trip would be, having booked, cancelled, and rebooked several times, we finally made the decision. And this time it seems real. We’ve had several dates booked in the past and moved them around throughout the whole pandemic, but this time we’ve gone for it - we booked flights and bought our park tickets. Given that this trip has been postponed numerous times, we’re kind of planning to go all out for this trip - as we haven’t had a vacation outside of a few short trips to Cape Cod since summer of 2019 and haven't been to Disney since February of 2019.

So we leave for Disney for seven nights at the Beach Club on Tuesday, April 19th, 2022, returning on Tuesday April 26th, 2022. So excited to finally have this in the plans, and unless things totally go off the deep end, we’re sticking to this one. So excited, it can’t come soon enough after all the stress of the past 2 years. Can't wait to return to my favorite resort!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

So, due to excessive drama on the part of my crazyass FIL, I have been a good wife and responsible adult and cancelled our Labour Day Sneak Away and our MK 50th trips to YC, so DH doesn’t have to stress about leaving his dad without a babysitter. So, now we’re doing a full week instead of two long weekends, which mostly evens out, except I lose Boo Bash and the Remy passholder preview, and all of the 50th frivolity, but I’m working hard on being a grownup about it.

Our rescheduled date to return to Stormalong Bay is now a few weeks later, Oct 16-24, half at YC and half in a 1bdrm at BCV. Fingers crossed that we will be still able to get across the border by then.

Questions:

Favourite room request for BCV? Pool view so it’s away from the traffic on that road out back, or Epcot view to try to see fireworks? Or, maybe just “ready early” so we can move straight over from YC without having to deal with bell services? Thoughts?

And, has anyone ever tried to request a Keurig when staying at BCV? Do you think they’d bring one? DH doesn’t drink coffee so I really only need to make one cup for me.

Wow, you have really been rolling with the punches for the past year and a half.

I'll make the changes to the list.

::yes::

Unless you mean Oct. 16th-24th of 2023 you should still (at least) get some of the 50th celebration since it lasts for 18 months. Not as fun as a couple of trips - but still nice. (Still…I would be upset about missing Remy and Boo Bash too - so you are more of an adult than I am 🙂)

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list. Do you have a trip to the resort booked in the spring?

:daisy:

So, we were suppose to be pulling up to BWI today, but we live in South Louisiana, so Friday I called and was able to move my dates & had to move my resort to YC, checking in Wednesday 9-1 to 9-7. We like YC, so no biggie there. I was able to get park passes where I wanted and some of the dining. Now we’re hoping/praying everything is still standing after tonight & we’ll be able to go. And of course, my heart goes out to everyone in it’s path, but especially all those in the small Cajun towns that are going to be slammed by Ida, but won’t get the national attention & help that the major cities get. Been there. :hug:

Hope all is well with your home, your neighbors and as you said, everyone who is enduring the impact of Ida.

Were you able to make the trip?

:hug:

Woo-hoo! We will be coming to BCV Sept 12-18! And we just changed our flights to arrive earlier Sunday morning and leave later Saturday afternoon...gets us nearly another day's worth of time. Excited for Food & Wine...I did it 10 years ago, hubby has never been to it. Also loving the crowd levels I'm seeing on TP...1 and 2 that week! Yay!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip.

In addition to guest communications, you should also write to the General Manager of the resort:

Yacht & Beach Club General Manager (December 2017): Kim Marinaccio

wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

Kim Marinaccio, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

Hi all,

Quick question on amenities of the YC room, as our trip is coming up. Do these rooms contain the travel size shampoo/conditioner/body wash or are they the mounted to the wall kind like many renovated rooms?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

8-)

I do way more lurking than I do posting, but I have decided to post about my Yacht Club stay last week. It was a way too short 3 night stay that I booked as an opaque deal on a third party website (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the website).

This was my second time staying at YC, the first time being a 1 night stay I think a couple years ago. It was right after the rooms were refurbished, whenever that was. Let me just say that I was not impressed with that first stay. I had booked a garden view room at a pretty good rate (through Disney), and my room was about as far away from the lobby as it could possibly be. I got turned around a couple of times trying to find the room, which was very frustrating. Also, I thought that the room was very generic and could have been any hotel room in any city. YC had been on my bucket list for a long time and I was so disappointed with this stay.

I'm normally a Value, Moderate, or Swan/Dolphin type person because I just can't justify paying the usually exorbitant prices that Disney charges for their Deluxe Resorts. This stay was cheaper than Swolphin.

Well, fast forward to August 2021 and let me tell you, I am now in love with this resort and it will be mighty difficult for me to be happy anywhere else. My room number was 4171 and it was a King bed water view room. This room is right around the corner from the elevator, so very close to the lobby. Perfect location! My view was of the Friendship boat dock and I enjoyed watching the boats come and go. And let me tell you, I had a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks! I was so surprised that first night when I heard them going off, so I went out on to my balcony and there they were! Watched them from my balcony every night while enjoying a glass of wine. Perfection!

Very interestingly, I had housekeeping services every day and the mousekeeper even made my bed. I didn't think they were doing that right now. It was greatly appreciated!

So to all of my fellow Dis Boards YC fans, my sincere apologies for wondering why anyone would want to stay here. I get it now!

So glad to hear you loved your stay! Your rooms sounds incredible!

:woohoo:

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

:welcome: back, Teena!

I'm sure you will hear from a lot of friends who would love to get together with you for a bit!

I know you are excited about Lily's visit.

:goodvibes

Anyone on site that can post the activities board? My kids are dying to know what the movies are this month, for when we arrive in a week…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter