Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there anyone at BCV now-ish that would be willing to make a quick call to Mousekeeping and ask about getting a Keurig? Is it possible? Or is it a flat out no?

I managed to walk my BCV reservation so that I’m there for the whole time instead of doing a split with YC, and I’m just trying to figure out what coffee supplies to bring/buy. The coffee situation is a pretty big priority for me, for the safety and well-being of any innocent bystanders in the mornings…. ;-)

Thanks in advance

We capped off our 25th wedding anniversary with a first time stay at YC back in July. It was only 2 nights but we made the most of it. It was so nice to be able to hit either HS or EPCOT in the morning and return before lunch to SAB and just chill the rest of the afternoon, then back to EPCOT or the Swolfin/Boardwalk area for dinner. Repeat day 2. Our room was fantastic - again my first time staying so nothing to compare to, but I can't imagine much of a better one. #4061 - King bed, close to one of the elevators/doors that go directly to the boardwalk/boat launch, ice machine close, and a magnificent view. Next weekend is my wife's birthday, I found a great (water view) rate and we are headed back for a long weekend Sep10-Sep12. I think we will run with the same plan as last time! Except this time Yachtsman is open and we'll sprinkle some Food and Wine in. yc1.jpgyc2.jpgyc3.jpgyc4.jpg

Teena - it is really good to see you on the thread. We will be at the WL the last week of Sept and at the BC the last week in October. We would love to meet up. I'll contact you when we are closer to our dates. :)
I'll also be at WDW the last week in October and I think my schedule will be clear after Tuesday of that week.
~NM

Wow, did I just save a ton of money on our YC stay next week. I checked Priceline after reading some reports of recent stays booked thru there. The regular booking showed a waterview room for $455, about the same as booking they Disney. There was an express deal that I believe was YC for $244 a night. But you don’t know til after you book. I also saw a VIP YC waterview room for $248. These are nonrefundable, but it’s for next week, & we’re going. So no issue there. Booked the VIP deal, so we’re positive we get YC. So we saved more than $1800 over Disney’s discount rate!

Hello! I read through the first few pages and couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.... was wondering if anyone knew which part of the resort (Yacht Club) was closest to the walk way to Epcot? Meaning which area would I request if that is my top priority. I tried looking at touring plans and other resources but I'm less interested in the actual view than walking distance to the world showcase. Does anyone know which room #s are best for this? TIA! Even if you don't know, thanks for being such a helpful, kind group of people :flower1:

Hello! I read through the first few pages and couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.... was wondering if anyone knew which part of the resort (Yacht Club) was closest to the walk way to Epcot? Meaning which area would I request if that is my top priority. I tried looking at touring plans and other resources but I'm less interested in the actual view than walking distance to the world showcase. Does anyone know which room #s are best for this? TIA! Even if you don't know, thanks for being such a helpful, kind group of people :flower1:
I can't tell you what room #s, but your best request would be close to the lobby. That is physically closest to Epcot. Having said that, some of the further out rooms closer to Swan/Dolphin have easy
access to the walkway that goes to Epcot. We're talking maybe an additional minute or two to Epcot from a walking perspective.

This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

View attachment 601476
OMG - I was just thinking about you recently when I bought a super size box of Tastecakes at Sam's Club!!!! We are from PA and brought you some many years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club either 2011 or 2013. We've been getting back into the thought of
This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

View attachment 601476
OMG - I was just thinking about you recently when I bought a super size box of TastyKakes at Sam's Club!!!! We are from PA and brought you some many years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club either 2011 or 2013. We've been getting back into planning a trip and maybe that's why you popped in my mind and I wondered if you were still there after all of this! I seem to remember many people were bringing you TastyKakes at that time!

FYI just saw this posted under the BC but would apply to all Crescent lake resorts.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/beach-club-resort/rates-rooms/

From January 23 through January 28, 2022, Disney Skyliner service between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort and Epcot will be out of operation for refurbishment. Complimentary bus and FriendShip boat service will be available.

Dave

View attachment 601476
OMG - I was just thinking about you recently when I bought a super size box of TastyKakes at Sam's Club!!!! We are from PA and brought you some many years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club either 2011 or 2013. We've been getting back into the thought of planning a trip, maybe that is why you came to mind. I was wondering if you were still there after all this time! If I remember, many were bringing you Tastykakes at that time. Glad too see you!!

OMG - I was just thinking about you recently when I bought a super size box of Tastecakes at Sam's Club!!!! We are from PA and brought you some many years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club either 2011 or 2013. We've been getting back into the thought of

OMG - I was just thinking about you recently when I bought a super size box of TastyKakes at Sam's Club!!!! We are from PA and brought you some many years ago when we stayed at the Beach Club either 2011 or 2013. We've been getting back into planning a trip and maybe that's why you popped in my mind and I wondered if you were still there after all of this! I seem to remember many people were bringing you TastyKakes at that time!
That's so sweet to hear. I miss all of my guests so much.

I can't tell you what room #s, but your best request would be close to the lobby. That is physically closest to Epcot. Having said that, some of the further out rooms closer to Swan/Dolphin have easy
access to the walkway that goes to Epcot. We're talking maybe an additional minute or two to Epcot from a walking perspective.
That’s good info, thanks!

Hello! I read through the first few pages and couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.... was wondering if anyone knew which part of the resort (Yacht Club) was closest to the walk way to Epcot?
The closest rooms would are a little odd do to how the YC is laid out on the 1st floor but these are the close rooms: 1147-1153.

If you don't mind the 3rd floor and some steps many options open up. Tell us more. Just a reminder the rooms at the YC that are almost to the Dolphin only take and additional 2-3 minutes if you walk outside vs the winding hallways (AC).

Dave

Hello. This is my first post. I've gained a lot of information from the boards; thank you for being an invaluable resource. My family of 6 lucked out and got a deluxe room for October. My husband and I have stayed at BC before and fell in love. Being within walking distance to Food and Wine was a dream. I'm excited for my kids to experience the pool!

My questions: 1) Does Marketplace sell packs of bottled water? I'll bring a few breakfast items, but I didn't want to do an Instacart for just water. 2) Do you think the mugs are worth it?

Please forgive me if I've posted questions in the wrong thread. Thank you so much.

Page 1916-1918

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Wow, you have really been rolling with the punches for the past year and a half.

I'll make the changes to the list.

::yes::

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list. Do you have a trip to the resort booked in the spring?

:daisy:

Hope all is well with your home, your neighbors and as you said, everyone who is enduring the impact of Ida.

Were you able to make the trip?

:hug:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip.

In addition to guest communications, you should also write to the General Manager of the resort:

Yacht & Beach Club General Manager (December 2017): Kim Marinaccio

wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

Kim Marinaccio, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

When is your trip?

8-)

So glad to hear you loved your stay! Your rooms sounds incredible!

:woohoo:

Hi there! We'll be there Sept 10-18! Days away!

Hello. This is my first post. I've gained a lot of information from the boards; thank you for being an invaluable resource. My family of 6 lucked out and got a deluxe room for October. My husband and I have stayed at BC before and fell in love. Being within walking distance to Food and Wine was a dream. I'm excited for my kids to experience the pool!

My questions: 1) Does Marketplace sell packs of bottled water? I'll bring a few breakfast items, but I didn't want to do an Instacart for just water. 2) Do you think the mugs are worth it?

Please forgive me if I've posted questions in the wrong thread. Thank you so much.

Hi & welcome to the Dis! :welcome: I haven’t bought them, but I do believe folks have posted you can get packs of bottled water at the marketplace. They’re not out, you just ask for them.

The mugs are a bit harder to answer. It is so individualized for each family. They’re only good at the resorts, not the parks. It really depends how much you would use them. Soft drinks, coffee & tea are about $3.30 each. The refillable mug is $20. So basically if you would use them 7 times, they paid for themselves. So, will you be at the resort enough to use them 7 times? They are a bit small & don’t hold a lot. You have to go to the marketplace or Hurricane Hannah’s to refill them. So not super convenient from the room. If you eat breakfast at the marketplace, you need to either run than back to the room or carry them around all day. But some people like them as a souvenir. And it’s nice to have a Disney mug to keep the magic alive after you get home. So, my answer is….. 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Sorry, not very helpful! :rotfl2: I’m sure others will answer too tho. This is about the best thread in the Dis. Lots of friendly posters who are happy to answer all your questions, so ask away!! And have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter