• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Could I have y'all's thoughts on having 3 adults, 1 teen, and a toddler in 1 deluxe room for 3 or 4 nights? I *really* love BC, but there isn't anymore availability for renting DVC rooms for our dates and 1 deluxe room is cheaper than getting 2 standards. It's me, my husband, my adult sister, and our 2 kids. We're likely going to start off with 2 POP rooms for the first 3-4 days before transitioning over. Otherwise we might need to start at BC (when it's cheaper) and move to POP for the weekend (which I know is less than ideal).
My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room at BC with our adult daughter a few years ago. The one we had was accessible which I didn't like because the bathroom set up is awkward for people who don't require accessibility. We had a seating area which was nice for when we were hanging out between plans but it doesn't offer any privacy. It's just a sofa and chair in full view of the two queen beds. You wouldn't be able to put the toddler to sleep while the rest of the family chatted or watched tv like you can in a villa with separate living area and separate bedroom(s). The deluxe is really just a slightly larger hotel room with a few extra places to sit and a bit more floor space. We wouldn't do it again with more than 2 people because we like our own space.

@Wood Nymph
How early would you suggest arriving at MK? What was your experience with the YC bus to MK? We have a reservation at Swalphin this summer, but I really am thinking about changing to YC.

We visited YC last summer. If I am remembering correctly, DD and I caught the first bus from YC to MK. We arrived much later than other resort buses. Getting into the park was crazy. Instead of Fantasy Land, we changed plans and headed to Tomorrow Land. There were much fewer folks at the "rope."

ETA: I just realized that we didn't have the Early Morning Thingy on that trip. We went in the fall after the Early Morning started. But that trip we stayed at Pop.
We've been able to get breakfast when the marketplaces open and catch the MK buses from both YC and BC early enough to make it to the park before the early park rope drop on our last three trips. Today we got to MK just as they were opening up the touch posts around 7:50am. :) I would try to get there at least 1/2 hour before the early morning for resort guests.

Could I have y'all's thoughts on having 3 adults, 1 teen, and a toddler in 1 deluxe room for 3 or 4 nights? I *really* love BC, but there isn't anymore availability for renting DVC rooms for our dates and 1 deluxe room is cheaper than getting 2 standards. It's me, my husband, my adult sister, and our 2 kids. We're likely going to start off with 2 POP rooms for the first 3-4 days before transitioning over. Otherwise we might need to start at BC (when it's cheaper) and move to POP for the weekend (which I know is less than ideal).
My family of 6 stayed in the first floor deluxe room at BC last year and we loved it. You have 2 Q and 1 Q sofa bed.We put in a request for first floor and we got it. I love the first floor deluxe room because your patio door opens right to the quiet pool and hot tub. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves on many nights. The laundry room is right by the pool also which made it very convenient. First time at Disney that we all went home with clean clothes! There are 4 deluxe rooms by the quiet pool side on all 4 floors. The 4th floor room has a huge wrap around balcony and has fireworks view.

We booked a standard view at Beach.

First, we are fine with view - rooftop, parking lot, whatever.
Second- I thought we should just go for broke when putting in a request! 😂
Do any standards have balconies?
Since our request really won't be of importance if we get it or not, I though I'd request a balcony!

Since our request really won't be of importance if we get it or not, I though I'd request a balcony!

There‘s some really horrible king standard view rooms at BC, second floor overlooking the lobby. No balcony (not even a tiny one) and the windows overlook the main entrance and valet station. Loud. Valets talking at all hours, lobby noise, etc. They’re my only ‘never again’ rooms at YC/BC.

There‘s some really horrible king standard view rooms at BC, second floor overlooking the lobby. No balcony (not even a tiny one) and the windows overlook the main entrance and valet station. Loud. Valets talking at all hours, lobby noise, etc. They’re my only ‘never again’ rooms at YC/BC.

Well, we booked standard. We'll be fine with whatever. We've stayed standard and garden and quite frankly the views in the garden view were of an old tree.

We'll just try a balcony request and see what happens!

We stayed standard in 2018 and we lucked out on a 3rd floor Juliette balcony overlooking the nice backside entrance with the garden features!

Most of the standard view rooms are above the flat roof on the third and fourth floors. The third floor rooms above the flat roof have a full balcony and the fourth floor rooms have a standing balcony. There are a few without any balcony but not too many. There are a few standard rooms scattered around too. None of them ground floor.

We are going to the airport to go home now. We just left “new best friends “ who have been caulking and getting our balcony ready for painting. I took these pictures this morning but they were on our balcony on Monday, too. We would never have known that they were there if we stayed in the park all day, but we didn’t. It was only a three night stay so we didn’t ask for a new room. But I think they should have warned us about the work. 7C969D55-DB51-4BEE-8EF6-1C18C07CCBEB.jpegDF26A141-580E-45FA-9FDC-B8C9A527645F.jpeg8066EB69-873E-40EE-9CE4-A61546E3B4BC.jpegCF595BB9-AC42-4DDE-8FBB-8B4FC91722E4.jpeg

Have a safe flight home.
Yes, a warning would’ve been nice re: the balcony. Oh wow!

Yes! We had three rooms in a row (our room, DD/SIL, DS/DIL) all on the 2nd floor and overlooking the courtyard between BCV and BC. Views were nice and it was quiet. Best of all--all three rooms had full balconies. The rooms we had were 2610, 2612 and 2614, but the rooms between 2608 and 2626 are the same--some connect and some don't. Loved the location!

I cut Disney and hoteliers in general a lot of slack on many things - it’s an imperfect world and sometimes work needs to be done, construction timelines are variable, handling situations at a high occupancy place like WDW is difficult, etc. I'm also not a big "I paid X and should be given Y" travel person - stuff just happens sometimes. But I have a hard time justifying how Disney can opt to put guests in a room with that kind of work going on. You'd really like to see them do better in such situations, IMHO.

We do this every trip and usually hang out right at SAB if the night weather is warm. Just allow plenty of time for delivery. The deep dish takes extra long to cook.

Well, we booked standard. We'll be fine with whatever. We've stayed standard and garden and quite frankly the views in the garden view were of an old tree.

We'll just try a balcony request and see what happens!

Requesting a balcony should avoid those rooms since they have no balcony at all, just small windows.

I cut Disney and hoteliers in general a lot of slack on many things - it’s an imperfect world and sometimes work needs to be done, construction timelines are variable, handling situations at a high occupancy place like WDW is difficult, etc. I'm also not a big "I paid X and should be given Y" travel person - stuff just happens sometimes. But I have a hard time justifying how Disney can opt to put guests in a room with that kind of work going on. You'd really like to see them do better in such situations, IMHO.
Right? And it's been going on for over a year now , happened to us last summer - and despite customers complaining (when I talked to the GM they said they've heard the complaint a lot back in July - and were working on a better way to notify guests) they still aren't giving you any kind of notice. It's insane really.

Hello all. I am so sorry it took me so long to respond regarding the floats. We have been in remodel mode at the house. I hope everyone got the info they needed.

I have to learn to type faster! I think we know the same person.....wine glasses?

That would be me! It was really nice to meet you when we were there in October. We are back starting 4/2-4/11. If you are in, please stop by and say hello again and join us for a cocktail.

They are no longer using the blue float chairs at SAB. All of the floats are clear but what I'm not sure about is whether the seat of the float chair is transparent, translucent, or opaque. Maybe someone who is there now can check it out, or has a better memory than me.
I last floated around the lazy river in October. :) In fact, I was with the person who had bought a float chair and it looked like the same float chair as the ones in the lazy river. She said that she would have to tell people who wanted her chair that she owned it.

The seat part was also clear. It was so nice to see you again. We will be back again in the fall. Looks like we missed you for the spring.

So we reached out to them today...$50 a pop. They will be getting a new shipment in this month. Sigh.....sounds like the kids are out of luck and will have to fight for their own! But hubs and I will be ordering them!

That’s what I paid for them. What I will say is they are pretty heavy duty, not like the ones you get at Walmart. The Walmart ones, and I haven’t found any that were clear, started losing significant air almost immediately and were prone to tearing. We only had to plump ours up once during our whole 8 day trip and we used them pretty much every day for hours.

How big is the new, pre inflated ring? Small enough to fit in a suitcase? Is it going to be hard to blow up yourself at SAB?

So the new floats are big. And because they are so heavy duty even folded they still take up some room. They will definitely add some weight to your suitcase.

We are going to the airport to go home now. We just left “new best friends “ who have been caulking and getting our balcony ready for painting. I took these pictures this morning but they were on our balcony on Monday, too. We would never have known that they were there if we stayed in the park all day, but we didn’t. It was only a three night stay so we didn’t ask for a new room. But I think they should have warned us about the work. View attachment 653074View attachment 653075View attachment 653076View attachment 653077
Holy Cow! They were working when we were there last summer.

Have a safe flight home.
Yes, a warning would’ve been nice re: the balcony. Oh wow!
The workers were very shocked when I opened the balcony door and took their picture. :)
We were at Wilderness Lodge when major work was being done at the resort. They notified guests of the work and left a card with four pins on it as a gift in each resort room. We have two sets of them. :) I thought that was a great way to handle it. The YC/BC has not been as good about warning guests about construction inconvenience.

The Yacht Club has been doing the outside maintenance work for at least one and a half years but this is the first trip out of several that we were impacted. I knew this work was going on when I booked the trip. The funny thing is that when I made the room request I debated whether to ask for a quiet room or ask for a nice view. I opted for requesting a nice view because we had booked a standard view and I didn't want the view of the convention center and maintenance area. But I would have been better off asking for a quiet room since I already knew ahead of time about the construction.

It was so nice to see you again. We will be back again in the fall. Looks like we missed you for the spring.
We will be back at the Yacht Club Oct 23rd - 27th. I hope our trips will overlap again. :)

Holy Cow! They were working when we were there last summer.
They were working in the YC quiet pool area when we were there in October 2020.

Just to update recent conversations:

The pool floats at the lazy river - the round floats were light blue and the chair floats were clear.

Housekeeping: We had full housekeeping with beds made on day two. Day one had nothing.

Big update for those that drink the coffee in the pods in the rooms - both the regular coffee and the decaf coffee have blue labels. We requested extra coffee when we arrived, as I always do, and they delivered all decaf - which I didn't notice. On the second morning I only had decaf when I woke up! The pod on top is the old decaf pod.

B74AF02B-D0F2-41CF-BF2B-790F6B5B0440.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter