Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh Dee, I feel your computer pain. I just went through the same thing last month.

Whenever you get time, please add me the Be Our Guest list. We'll be at YC May 13 - 19 celebrating my son's 13th birthday (the little guy in my profile pic has grown up!).

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:goodvibes

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Lots of info and pictures on Page 1 of this thread. Feel free to post any questions you have. There are a LOT of very knowledgeable, helpful people who hang around here!

thank you so much!!! I've been reading through everything and learning from everyone here...... this thread is an absolute wealth of knowledge !! The Yacht club is someplace I've always wanted to stay!

Hi, I have a couple questions as I plan a stay at YC in early summer. Is the health club (fitness equipment specifically) complimentary to use even if not staying in a Club Level room? Also, is online check-in available on the app, and is it a digital key access? Thanks ahead of time!

Hi, I have a couple questions as I plan a stay at YC in early summer. Is the health club (fitness equipment specifically) complimentary to use even if not staying in a Club Level room? Also, is online check-in available on the app, and is it a digital key access? Thanks ahead of time!
The fitness room is open to all YC guests. You can check-in on the app. Also, you can unlock the door with your phone. That is my favorite part. Your phone makes a little pixie dust type sound when the door unlocks.

Last edited:

The fitness room is open to all YC guests. You can check-in on the app. Also, you can unlock the door with your phone. That is my favorite part. Your phone makes a little pixie dust type sound when the door unlocks.
That's great because one in the family is into gym time and nice about the app feature!

We had the Beach club ( garden view ) booked for Sept 10-16, and switched over to the Yacht Club, water view, and still saved $522 ! I'm soooooo excited to stay at the Yacht Club! We've been wanting to try one of the Epcot hotels for Food and Wine, so this is just perfect !!! I can't even wait for the pool ( which is what sold my husband!)
Saving money and going from garden to water is awesome. We actually prefer YC over BC, so that's an added bonus imo!

Only on the Villa's side, but definitely accessible for Beach Club guests. 2 grills located just off the path that connect the BCV Dunes Cove area to the front entrance of the Beach Club. I also think that this a designated smoking area.
Are they gas grills?

Curious staying at Yacht Club, did they ever bring back room service and also if you made any purchases in parks they would be taken to your hotel if staying onsite? Or is it a No :smooth:

Hi ya'll, we just booked the YC for 8/4-8/13. I'm looking forward to scouring this post for useful info and tips. We've stayed at BC in the past so I'm familiar with the grounds and of course, Stormalong Bay.

This will be a very emotional trip for us, the pandemic really did a number on my family, I lost my job, my health insurance, etc. and we all got Covid, some brutal tough dark times. I promised my family that we'd get through it and be better for it. I also promised them that when we did get through it, we'd celebrate in our favorite place. Well, we bounced back in a big way, instead of finding another job, I started my own firm and things have worked out even better than I had hoped, we're in a good place again and I booked a WDW for our first available free time. I don't know if I'll be able to hold it together once I see the castle, my oldest daughter got the Lego castle for Christmas 2018, the completed castle has been in our family room ever since and was a daily reminder of our past good times together but also a stinging reminder of things that were now no longer available to our family. As corny as it sounds, privately that Lego castle pushed me a bit more and motivated me to fight on, seeing it in person again will be something!

Curious staying at Yacht Club, did they ever bring back room service and also if you made any purchases in parks they would be taken to your hotel if staying onsite? Or is it a No :smooth:
I don't believe YC has returned its room service and NO on the package delivery. You can order carry out at Ale & Compass Restaurant.

Page 1971-1972

Just returned from our first stay at YC, and loved it. CR used to be my favorite, but now this is. I loved the lobby, and the rooms were great.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience and endorsement for the YC! Glad you had a great stay

:thumbsup2

Was able to snag a Beach Club studio for Memorial Day Weekend. How early should I line up outside Stormalong Bay in the morning?

:rotfl2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

A bit of a strange request for information, but here it goes:
My family and I are visiting beach club resort for the first time. We are booked for a garden view room at the end of August 2022. I am trying to figure out what room to request when the time comes as well as strategies for getting from the BC to the different resorts.

My DD7 has autism and is quite concrete and visual in her thinking.
I know that she is going to want to go to the pool 24/7 (she loves pools!), however I plan to have my family visit the parks first thing in the morning, then take a long afternoon break at the pool and go again to the parks in the early evenings to try to avoid some of the midday heat.

My question is, when we leave our room in the early morning, would there be a way to get from our hotel room to the parks (epcot, hs, mk, etc) without walking past the quiet pool that opens really early? i am worried that if my daughter walks past the quiet pool early in the am and sees that it is open she will want to go for a swim instead of visiting the parks. Trying to explain to her that we will go back later is difficult for her to process. i am not as worried about walking past Storm Along Bay because from what i understand it doesn't open until closer to 10am (I think?) and because she is so visual i can more easily show and explain to her that it is "closed" and we will come back later.

I noticed from the map that there seems to be some kind of path that goes behind the BC on the way to the walk to Epcot but i'm not sure if she might be able to see the quiet pool from there or not? I think walking to epcot without her seeing the pool might be the trickiest.
Just trying to plan for the best room option for us, and the best route for getting from the hotel to the different parks. I don't mind walking extra in an attempt to avoid quiet pool sightings. :) TIA

I'm glad you got some excellent advice.

I was going to make the same suggestion bookbabe626 did below- I'm not positive, but some BC GV rooms may have a view of the quiet pool, so you want to be sure to let the room assigners know that you do NOT want one of those rooms.

::yes::

You may also want to call and put a room request in for a view of trees only (ie. NO pool views) since many of the rooms look over the various pools, and sometimes even garden view rooms might have a partial pool view or be upgraded to a pool view. The Touring Plans room view finder might be useful for you to see what you can see from various parts of the building, so you can get an idea of what area might work best for a room avoiding the pools.

We are excited too! We arrive on the same day but on the Yacht side!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Super excited we registered for our first run Disney event! We w

I'm having some trouble with the quoting feature this morning, but rest assured- I have your dates and will update the list.

:woohoo:

Could you please add us to the BOG list? We'll be at YC 10/20/22-10/24/22. Doing several National Parks trips this year but Disney was calling :)

Will do!

:cool2:

I just switched from the Riveria to BC today and saved 998.00!!! I am excited to try the BC.
:woohoo:

When is your trip?

Just changed from BWI to YC today - saved $15 lol but we have never been to YC and have been to BWI 3 imes!

When is your trip?

:cheer2:

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

January 🥶

stitchfan18 Jan BCV
Aimeedyan Jan
Mrs. Bradbury Jan YC WV, travelling with adult kids
bumbershoot Jan BCV 1 BR Princess Half
Alisa13 Jan YC
Pasta88 Jan BCV
mousechievous Jan parents 50th Anniversary Celebration :love: (moved to CBR)

MickeyT Jan 5-10 BCV
PCFriar80 Jan 5-13 BCV
focusondisney Jan 20-23 YC CL BD celebration :cake:
vicarrieous Jan 20-30 BCV
lsmo Jan 26-Feb 2 YC WV
cheshiregoofy22 Jan 27-31 BC

February 💘

Tasmen Feb BC Deluxe
Abbyj Feb BCV
lsmo Feb BC/Poly
meghanmione Feb BC CL
essentialt21 Feb
jPhilip_Phil_36 Feb BC Families First Visit :woohoo:
IndtoMco Feb YC Birthday and Anniversary :cake:
jlundeen Feb 5-12 YC GV, Grandson's (7) First Trip! :dogdance:
Wood Nymph Feb 6-10 YC
Lalabubbles Feb 10-13 BC Anniversary trip :love:

March ☘

pens4821 March
YCFAN March YC CL/CS
bjck99 March YC/Poly

gismo1554 March 3-4 YC CL (1 night)
Turksmom March 3-4 YC CL
cheerguin March 3-7 BC
Figment of Speech March 5-9 BC (split with Poly)
Wood Nymph March 6-9 YC
Llama mama March 20-26 BCV
T'Lynn March 26?
Turksmom March 26-28
Sabine W. March 26-April 3 BCV/AKL split (maybe YC)
Maxie86 March 27-April 1 YC CL GV
patty57 March 31-April 4 BCV studio
Pookie9922 late March BCV, Family Trip with In-laws

April :flower1:

boothbay April YC (hoping for BCV)

dreynolds1982 early April YC WV, after 4 night Disney cruise (land/sea/land trip, 40th Anniversary) :love2:

Eastern Shore Gal April 2-11 YC
Jacq7414 April 16-23 BC/Poly split
PrincessJill48 April 19-?? BC
mikejs78 April 19-26 BC
MinneTinK April 27- May 4 YC
focusondisney April 28- May 3 YC CL, split with CR 4/26-28, celebrating retirement and milestone BD :cake:
Pucks104 Late April YC WV
txelle05 last week in April BC

May :butterfly
bear_mom May BC, 25th Anniversary & DD Masters :love:👩‍🎓
blueram May YC 1 night

crazy4wdw May 1-6 BC CL GV
louey May 4-14 YC CL
gismo May 10-24
Nick O. May 13-19 YC
AGoofykindagirl May 17-20 BC CL, Birthday Celebrations! :cake:
serenitynow May 20-26 BCV, postponed 2020 HS Graduation Trip 👨‍🎓
Epcot Phoenician Memorial Day Weekend BC
Gator29 end of May YC

June :sunny:

Buzzed Lightbeer June BC CL GV
SMF_mom23 June YC split with Universal
Jfsag123 June YC/BC/BLT split

AliceIn June 1-3 BCV 2 BR (split with Copper Creek 2 BR)
3threebabies June 7-11 YC WV, DS 17th BD, 50th BD, 10 year cancer free! :cake::bday: :goodvibes
disrain1960 June 27-July 1 BC
disneydarling07 June 27- July 2 YC
RWathen June 28-July 7, after split with Contemporary 6/25-28

diskids2 June 29- July 10 YC 60th BD :cake:

July 🎆

ChipnDaleRule July YC
Have3kids&aHusband July YC/GF split, DS early 16th BD celebration :bday:

bigpinkdaisy July 5-13 YC, 20th Anniversary :love2:
ddluvsdisney July 18-21 BC Family Celebrations! 50th BDs, 50th Anniversary, 21st BD, Sweet 16party:

August :cool2:

Burgermom Aug (maybe)
CDolacki2003 Aug/Sept YC or BC
DisneyMomx7 Aug 2-11 BC GV
BurgerMom end of Aug BC GV

September :teacher:

rubyeskimo Sept BC
sydneysmom Sept BC
ktink Sept split YC CL GV/AKL

kldmom200 Sept 12-17 YC
sheila14 Sept 12-17 BC CL GV
looloo24 Sept 24-Oct 1 YC
VAtink Sept 24-Oct 2
Tess Sept 29-Oct 7 BCV

October 🎃
gillep Oct BCV, celebrating EPCOT's 40th :cake:
The Mayor Oct BCV

ej119 Oct 2-8 YC, after DCL Wish, 9th Anniversary :love2:
chimo2u Oct 6-9 YC CL
PCFriar80 Oct 19-27 BCV studio
Wood Nymph Oct 23-27 YC
izzylovesmickey Oct 20-24 YC

November 🦃

Lalabubbles Nov 5-7 YC Wine & Dine Half Marathon
DisneyHardin Nov 8-13 YC
Tina O'Toole Nov 25-Dec 5 BC
Tink6584 Nov 27-Dec 4 BC

December :santa:

PCFriar80 Dec 1-8 BCV 2BR
cocoabean1 Dec 3-15 YC CL WV
pixiegoose Dec 4-10 YC , after 1 night at POP
Ricguz Dec 6-16 YC CL WV
patty57 Dec 7-12 BCV studio
Kirsti Dec 10-15 BCV
cjlong88 Dec 26-Jan 2 YC

Carol unsworth 2023 YC
vicarrieous Jan 18-28 BCV
Farro April 18-27 2023 BC
MInMou Summer 2023 YC or BC

Last edited:
April 15, 2022 Page 1972

(8/8/2021 - Moderator, 1877-?)

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

Note to self: Arial 15
We will be staying at the Beach Club, 5/18/2022 through 5/25/2022. (our 27th trip to WDW)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter