Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We used Garden Grocer many years ago. They brought milk, which we did not order and had no use for. They did not bring the bottled water which we had ordered and had planned to take to the parks with us. They brought the water the next day, but that meant we had to buy water on site for one day, which we had not planned for, and we had extra water at the end which we had paid for but could not use. They did not charge us for the milk.

Booked another trip back to my favorite, the YC this morning! Going down for FARTS for the first time and cannot be more excited! :cool1:

Dee - could you please add me to the BOG list for Jan 24-28th at the YC? Thanks!

Hi I was wondering if anyone can confirm where the Water view Accessible rooms are with a tub. Having hip surgery in 2 weeks. We are going in August and will still need another hip replacement later this year. Would like to have the grip bars in the bathroom. Thanks in advance!
I don't have a specific answer to your question but I would urge you to send an email/call to guest services ASAP and let them know of your circumstances.

Here is the link to the page that has information about accommodations for your circumstances.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/hotels-accessibility/

From that page:

"How to Book an Accessible Room​

Please select the “Accessible Rooms” checkbox when you book your vacation online to view available accessible rooms.
If you would prefer to book over the phone, please call (407) 939-1936. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Definitely contact Disney and let them know what you will need. Hopefully you can connect with a competent person who can assist you."

You may have already done this but I thought I would post the information for others to see.

Have a fantastic trip and feel better fast! :flower:

~Ninja Mom

For missing items, did they reimburse you?
Did they ever communicate issues with order fulfillment in the past?

I have always received what I ordered and always check the substitute box. With supply issues, I wondered if I should check the box.

BTW: Thanks for the reminder to make my order while I can still get the 90 day discount. :)

If I remember correctly in the past any subs were clearly noted and/or sent to me for approval. On my bad experience they did ultimately reimburse me after I wrote them with my disappointment (which was pretty easy - just a simple back and forth).

We are going to BC from June 18 to the 27th. We are a family of 4 but my son is 13 (almost 14) and my daughter will be 9 by then. My son is a little bit old to share a bed with my daughter at this point Is to really be appropriate. My question is if I call the hotel and put in a room request for one of their rooms with the Murphy pull down day bed what other chances I will get it? We booked a water view room with two beds.

Edit: I guess I am asking how rare are the Waterview rooms with the pull down day bed? Or do most of them have it and it is more rare to not have one?

We are going to BC from June 18 to the 27th. We are a family of 4 but my son is 13 (almost 14) and my daughter will be 9 by then. My son is a little bit old to share a bed with my daughter at this point Is to really be appropriate. My question is if I call the hotel and put in a room request for one of their rooms with the Murphy pull down day bed what other chances I will get it? We booked a water view room with two beds.

Edit: I guess I am asking how rare are the Waterview rooms with the pull down day bed? Or do most of them have it and it is more rare to not have one?
I'm confused. I thought "Murphy beds" pull out of the wall, and "day beds" are freestanding. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Murphy pull down day bed," and I didn't know that Beach Club had any Murphy beds. But I stay BCV not BC so I'm not really up on the BC bed configuration.

I'm not trying to be nit-picky just to be annoying; I'm worried that if you don't get your wording exactly right when you make the request, you won't even have a chance of getting what you want. (And after you make your request, you should call back to see if they entered it correctly.)

I'm confused. I thought "Murphy beds" pull out of the wall, and "day beds" are freestanding. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Murphy pull down day bed," and I didn't know that Beach Club had any Murphy beds. But I stay BCV not BC so I'm not really up on the BC bed configuration.

I'm not trying to be nit-picky just to be annoying; I'm worried that if you don't get your wording exactly right when you make the request, you won't even have a chance of getting what you want. (And after you make your request, you should call back to see if they entered it correctly.)
I might have the terminology wrong but I saw in some photos there were daybeds that seemed to pull out of back of a couch, They seemed like mini Murphy beds, twin sized

I might have the terminology wrong but I saw in some photos there were daybeds that seemed to pull out of back of a couch, They seemed like mini Murphy beds, twin sized

People call it different things, but most will call it a flip over daybed, or something similar. Visual below - that couch "flips over" to be a twin bed - it doesn't pull out or pull down like bedding options you'll find in many of the DVC/villa accommodations. I'll defer to the BC pros as to the number of rooms that have a daybed - my impression has always been that many do (but some don't) but will let others chime in.

IMG_2597.jpeg

People call it different things, but most will call it a flip over daybed, or something similar. Visual below - that couch "flips over" to be a twin bed - it doesn't pull out or pull down like bedding options you'll find in many of the DVC/villa accommodations.

View attachment 664547
How common are they in the Waterview room? Are they in most of them or are they still more rare? I am really trying to avoid a week and a 1/2 of my teenage son sharing a bed with my daughter. They're both good kids, but I don't think I'll survive a week and a 1/2 with that.

I know they are guaranteed in the poly room we booked, but we really wanted to stay at beach club this trip so we took the gamble

How common are they in the Waterview room? Are they in most of them or are they still more rare? I am really trying to avoid a week and a 1/2 of my teenage son sharing a bed with my daughter. They're both good kids, but I don't think I'll survive a week and a 1/2 with that.

I know they are guaranteed in the poly room we booked, but we really wanted to stay at beach club this trip so we took the gamble

Hopefully one of the BC pros will chime in that may know better than me. We're a family of four and have always had a daybed, but I know there are some rooms throughout that don't but don't have a good handle on the numbers.

Mine are a touch behind yours - almost 12 and almost 8 - but I'm right there with you on our evolving accommodation needs!

We've gotten the couch/daybed about 50% of the time at BC waterview (which is what we almost always book at BC) If we got to the room and didn't have one, we would request a cot for the room at the front desk once we were in the room or nicely ask the front desk to change your room. When we stayed Club, the castmember was able to change our room.

The majority of rooms have the daybed. The rooms that don't have it tend to be the odd rooms, like corner rooms, rooms at the end of a hall, or rooms located on the top floor that have the dormer balcony. Whenever our room lacked the daybed, it was one of those odd rooms.

I would call resort reservations and have them add the request for a daybed. :)

The cabana rentals do not show up in MDE. You can add them into MDE though for the day of booking. I think I’ve also added in the conf #s if I recall correctly.
Thanks so much! Do you by chance recall how you added them into MDE? I just tried, and I’m not seeing an obvious way to do this. Not the end of the world if I cannot, but would like to if it’s something that’s possible.

Thanks so much! Do you by chance recall how you added them into MDE? I just tried, and I’m not seeing an obvious way to do this. Not the end of the world if I cannot, but would like to if it’s something that’s possible.
Sure!
In "My Plans" section on the website, there is a section on the right "Add more plans". Click there and select "notes". You just add in your cabana day here. I'm not sure if you can see if on the app. I'll look and see though.

Edit to add: After I add the note on the website, I can see it in the app. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Probably repeatedly asked, but are pool noodles and beach balls allowed in the Stormalong Bay still? Since I didn't book air travel earlier not knowing if we were going, looks like I can take more since we're driving and may want to bring these if allowed.

Here is another odd question. Are there any people that have experience sleeping on the beds at the BC for a longer trip and have a history of back problems? I herniated a lower lumbar disk 2 years ago and I am doing much better now, but disk degeneration doesn't ever really go away lol. At home we end up have a Nectar foam mattress, so it has been almost 2 years since I have slept on a traditional mattress for an extended period of time.

I'm curious if anybody else has back issues and ends up being OK after 2 weeks on a Disney mattress.

Page 1976-1977

What an amazing surprise! We will be staying there at the end of August, I hope we get that lucky!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Random question …Is there a way to turn off the balcony light?

Unfortunately, no.

GRRRR! One of my pet peeves, although my complaint is not being able to turn it on in the morning when I am reading on the balcony with my coffee in the dark.

💡

Booked another trip back to my favorite, the YC this morning! Going down for FARTS for the first time and cannot be more excited! :cool1:

Dee - could you please add me to the BOG list for Jan 24-28th at the YC? Thanks!

Will do!

OMG, that is the first time I have seen that acronym. My 12 year old self laughed.

:goodvibes

Can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list? We are staying at YC August 26-September 1. It will be 7 years since our first visit to Disney World.

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:woohoo:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Great advice below:

Call Central Reservations Office to add a request for "Daybed please, children of different genders"

We've gotten the couch/daybed about 50% of the time at BC waterview (which is what we almost always book at BC) If we got to the room and didn't have one, we would request a cot for the room at the front desk once we were in the room or nicely ask the front desk to change your room. When we stayed Club, the castmember was able to change our room.

The majority of rooms have the daybed. The rooms that don't have it tend to be the odd rooms, like corner rooms, rooms at the end of a hall, or rooms located on the top floor that have the dormer balcony. Whenever our room lacked the daybed, it was one of those odd rooms.

I would call resort reservations and have them add the request for a daybed. :)

Probably repeatedly asked, but are pool noodles and beach balls allowed in the Stormalong Bay still? Since I didn't book air travel earlier not knowing if we were going, looks like I can take more since we're driving and may want to bring these if allowed.

For sure on the noodles.

Don't know about the beach balls, but they should be easy enough to bring if not inflated.

:cool2:

On the subject of Pool Noodles again :goodvibes I really would like to have a few for our 10 day stay. We are flying, has anyone ordered them from Amazon and had delivered to resort? Thank You :thumbsup2

Anyone happen to have a recent photo of treat options from either Beach Club Marketplace or The Market at Ale and Compass? Do they have full size cakes or just cupcakes? I'd also love to know the current price for a bottle of wine, if anyone happens to know. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter