Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yeah, I’m used to those things at concerts, sporting events, etc - all one time uses. Somewhere where I’m showering, sweating, in the pool several times a day, already have multiple things on my wrist, … not a fan.

Sounds like a new management decision, countering abuse, supply problems, or a combination of all of the above, if I had to guess.

Yeah, I’m used to those things at concerts, sporting events, etc - all one time uses. Somewhere where I’m showering, sweating, in the pool several times a day, already have multiple things on my wrist, … not a fan.

Sounds like a new management decision, countering abuse, supply problems, or a combination of all of the above, if I had to guess.
Well when I’m there in December for 10 days at the YC, I’m not wearing it for all 10 days. I’m bring something to cut it off

The good news is that a BC manager told me BCVs getting renovated starting in January!
I wouldn't count on it, but we'll see. The big (hard goods) refurb was only completed in 2017 and some of the materials they chose haven't held up well. if nothing else, I'd like to see the sofa beds upgraded to the Murphy beds and put back the clothes lines in the showers (weird omission from last time :confused3)

I'm sure we'll also get the shampoo dispensers for whatever replaces the H2O products

This. I found the mattresses at YC to be very comfortable and the rooms quite nice in June...

Anyone else have experience with these new cloth pool bands? They sound awful, and I'm already wearing a magic band and watch, don't want another thing to wear on my wrist, especially something that doesn't dry.

It’s kinda bathing suit material so it does dry pretty fast but the plastic lock on it only slides to make it tighter. Mine got pretty tight after two days with no way of loosening besides cutting it off.

You can cut it off and get a new one each day.8D510873-D521-4853-9809-52D7768C9AE8.jpeg

There's no way we're wearing those pool bracelets for our entire stay. Don't they have everything they need right on our magicbands and/or phones. If they make us wear those, I plan on removing it and getting a new one.

There's no way we're wearing those pool bracelets for our entire stay. Don't they have everything they need right on our magicbands and/or phones. If they make us wear those, I plan on removing it and getting a new one.
One of the purposes of a separate band for SAB is so that you can use the big slide that is located outside of the main pool area. The entrance for the big slide and kiddie slide is across the sidewalk from the main pool.

We'll be there in a few weeks and plan to spend time at SAB. We will probably cut our bands off every time we leave the pool. The CM's won't have any issues with giving people a new band every day. In fact, they probably will agree with you that the cloth bands are impractical since they will hear most of the complaints about them. :)

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but currently the YC/BC/BW share a bus to and from Animal Kingdom. Haven't seen them share with BW in years! Stops have been YC then BC then BW.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but currently the YC/BC/BW share a bus to and from Animal Kingdom. Haven't seen them share with BW in years! Stops have been YC then BC then BW.
Do they share for MK?

Only YC/BC have been sharing for the MK, but in the morning for rope drop they haven't shared with each other. Was surprised the other morning the bus left practically empty from the YC and didn't swing by the BC before heading to the MK, but not complaining!

Re YC/BC/BW sharing a bus to and from Animal Kingdom:
Did that include a bus to Animal Kingdom first thing in the morning?

We stayed at BWI this past January & shared a bus to & from AK also.

Anyone there that can give us an update on the lazy river? Floating in the lazy river is a big thing DH and my kids are looking forward to.

Just got a call from Disney, pools at the YC/BC will be closed and cabanas are being cancelled through Friday. Bummer, ours was on Friday, was hoping the storm would move out by then. Oh well, will be an experience being here for a hurricane I guess. Stay safe out there everyone!

Just got a call from Disney, pools at the YC/BC will be closed and cabanas are being cancelled through Friday.
Thanks for posting! That makes my decision to cancel so much easier. Without Stormalong Bay, it's just not a Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter