Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Witnessed the amazing SAB lifeguards in action last week saving a little girls life. This was definitely one of the most traumatic things I’ve witnessed in my life but the lifeguards sprung into action in the blink of an eye and saved this little girls life.
The mother and girl, maybe around 2 years old, we’re in the pool in front of the cabanas. We were a short distance away in the sandy part of the pool when the mother stood up frantically waving for the lifeguard while holding her daughter who had clearly turned blue in the face. Not sure if she had taken on water or was choking. The lifeguard flew across that pool, grabbed the girl, flipped her over and began slapping on her back. Soon after the little girl started coughing and crying. Other lifeguards were also there helping and soon the little girl was responsive and sitting up in her mothers arms. My SIL who is a firefighter/EMT had rushed over to help but came back saying the the lifeguards had the situation under control and obviously had received excellent training. Paramedics arrived shortly after and attended to the little girl. It was unbelievable watching the lifeguards spring into action and save that little girl.

As an even happier ending, we saw the family eating in Cape May that night and the little girl was laughing and eating away like nothing had even happened.

Witnessed the amazing SAB lifeguards in action last week saving a little girls life. This was definitely one of the most traumatic things I’ve witnessed in my life but the lifeguards sprung into action in the blink of an eye and saved this little girls life.
The mother and girl, maybe around 2 years old, we’re in the pool in front of the cabanas. We were a short distance away in the sandy part of the pool when the mother stood up frantically waving for the lifeguard while holding her daughter who had clearly turned blue in the face. Not sure if she had taken on water or was choking. The lifeguard flew across that pool, grabbed the girl, flipped her over and began slapping on her back. Soon after the little girl started coughing and crying. Other lifeguards were also there helping and soon the little girl was responsive and sitting up in her mothers arms. My SIL who is a firefighter/EMT had rushed over to help but came back saying the the lifeguards had the situation under control and obviously had received excellent training. Paramedics arrived shortly after and attended to the little girl. It was unbelievable watching the lifeguards spring into action and save that little girl.

As an even happier ending, we saw the family eating in Cape May that night and the little girl was laughing and eating away like nothing had even happened.
What a great happy ending!!

Those lifeguards are such a comfort... I understand that the constant walking back and forth also leads to many developing repetitive stress injuries, so I will never take them for granted. Luckily, many have been able to transfer to other roles when it becomes too much for them.

Have they started delivering packages to your room again if you buy something at one of the parks?

I love this benefit so you don't have to carry the stuff all day or get a locker for the day to hold it.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Now that Magical Express is a thing of the past, does the resort still transfer your luggage to the airport?

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

No, the airline check in service (which was separate from Magical Express) did not return after the Covid reopening. Presumably it is gone for good as most traces of the signage and desks once used by the vendor that provided the service (Bags, Inc.) across property have been removed.

Page 2022-2023

Well, I haven't been here in weeks. My last post was about my upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris, Paris and London.

It's here! I am currently at JFK on a 5 hour layover, grooving to the muzak (no, I'm serious- best airport music in the states).

I caught up on work and finally have some spare time to get caught up.

Booked a trip @ YC for January 24-28. I was planning to book waterview but waited too long & no regular rooms available. Had to force myself to book GV CL. :rolleyes1

Sounds like an excellent endoresement for procrastination!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

We added an additional night on to our upcoming trip. We'll be at BC 10/18 for one night. We are staying GDT CL the first 4 nights.

Better late than never???

I know your trip has come and gone, but I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list to make it official.

:rolleyes1

After getting engaged at Aulani in August, I am spending my bachelorette party with 7 other ladies in a 2-bedroom villa at BCV!!!! July 28-August 1 2023! Also, my 29th birthday is on July 30th, so this trip will be extra special 🥰 So pumped to spend time at Stormalong Bay and take advantage of the amazing location!

Awesome! Girls' trips are great! Congrats on your celebrations. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Coming back to my favorite EPCOT are resort - can’t wait !

YC May 14-20 2023

Super!

:woohoo:

Page 2022-2023

Well, I haven't been here in weeks. My last post was about my upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris, Paris and London.

It's here! I am currently at JFK on a 5 hour layover, grooving to the muzak (no, I'm serious- best airport music in the states).

I know your trip has come and gone, but I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list to make it official.

Awesome! Girls' trips are great! Congrats on your celebrations. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Super!

Have an amazing trip Dee!!!

Have a fantastic trip!

Hi, Friends, I'm back again.... Last stay was at Yacht Club last Feb with DH, DD, DSIL, and DGS last February. We had a wonderful time that seems like forever go now!

I'm currently planning a trip with friends for December, and we'll be at Dolphin, but in March, I'm planning on a return to either YC or BC, and staying in Club Level, (thanks to the new AP offer this week!!)

Anyway, I was looking at the first few posts, and since I haven't stayed CL since the before times, wondering if hours for breakfast, snacks, and apps has changed? Seems the posts there are from before the shut down.

How (and when) are the offerings now.... if you can point me to current reports, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for any new info....

Looking forward to reading more exploits of all the usual suspects here again!

How (and when) are the offerings now.... if you can point me to current reports, I'd really appreciate it!

We were at YC & GF RPC in September. Really food times are the same as pre closure:
Coffee @ 6:30
Breakfast 7- 10:30
Snacks 11 (or 11:30, I always forget which) -4
Appetizers 5-7
Desserts 8-10

The biggest difference from pre closure is the snacks. No homemade chips, they have brand name packaged snacks now, along with some veggies, left over pastries from breakfast & a few cookies. Breakfast has a hot dish & 1 hot meat. Along with all the usual bagels, pastries, cold cereal, yogurt, items for toasting, oatmeal or grits. Apps have 2 hot items, another hot item for kids, a couple of cold salads, cheese, crackers, bread, crudités & dips. Depending on the resort, the hot apps might be preplated. But at YC, you still serve yourself hot items, but the cold salads are preplated. I think for the most part, everything but snacks are pretty
Much the same as in the before times.

Last edited:
Page 2022-2023

Super!

Are you posting about Disneyland Paris anywhere? Curious how it was 🤔😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter