• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Distance from BCV to Epcot/monorail?

jtheodore

Earning My Ears
My family is looking at renting DVC at BCV and just curious about bypassing bus system for trips to Magic Kingdom. Also what is the walk like from BCV to Epcot? Anyone with any tips on the whole BCV or DVC rental experience would be appreciated as well.

The walk to the international gate at Epcot isn't bad - 5-10 minutes. That's the attraction to a lot of BCVers.

But to get on the monorail to MK you'd have to go through the IG, walk through future world, leave Epcot (the monorail is outside the front of Epcot), and then wait for the monorail. I wouldn't be surprised if that would take some people 30 minutes to get to the station. Add in the wait for the monorail and the time it takes to get to MK TTC, transfer monorails, and it will take you over an hour to get from BCV to MK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Bus would be faster. It's maybe 10 min walk to the rear of Epcot, I'm guessing 30 min to the monorail plus you have to use Epcot admission to get there.

:earsboy: Bill

Since you have to enter EPCOT to get to the monorail, you'll need park admission. If you have annual passes or the park hopping option, that won't be a problem. But you can't do it if you have only the base 1 park per day tickets.

We often take the monorail back from the Magic Kingdom just for the ride if we have no reason to hurry. On the trip from the TTC to EPCOT, the monorail makes a loop through EPCOT. It's an especially nice view during the Flower & Garden Festival.

Going to the MK, we always take the bus - especially if we want to arrive for rope drop. No way to get there on the monorail before 10 AM at the absolute earliest - you won't be allowed to walk through EPCOT until the park opens at 9 am.

Just stayed at BCV with rented points in March. It's was great. With a real short stay, we didn't venture back to the room as we had originally planned on. Don't know if there's any tips, get your points and go.

Transportation: the walk to EPCOT is very short. Keep in mind that World Showcase opens later than Future World. It's kinda fun to walk through an empty France/England/Canada on your way to Soarin. We had eaten breakfast, got Starbucks and ridden most the rides we wanted by the time the World Showcase opened. Gate lines at the international gateway are very, very short.

Bus to Magic Kingdom is a fairly short ride, and takes you right to the park entrance (no additional monorail transfer, boat, etc). I would not walk to monorail, it'll take a lot longer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We usually take the monorail through and walk back - the walk is long (maybe 30 minutes) but we knock off a future world attraction while we go back - or stop by the bakery in France for a treat.

But we almost never go TO the MK from Epcot. The biggest problem for us is that MK is a rope drop park - there is no way to get through Epcot and make it to the MK for rope drop - unless its an Epcot early entry morning and even then its a tight connection to make it on time. You walk to the WS entrance (10 minutes), get your bags checked (maybe 5 minutes, maybe more at rope drop), walk through Epcot (20 minutes), wait for a monorail, take the monorail, switch monorail loops, wait for the next monorail, take the monorail to the MK, have your bags checked again and then enter the parks.

(its the same process on the way home, but we aren't in a rush to get going on the way home).

As the PP said one important thing to keep in mind is you can't take the monorail from Epcot directly to the main gate at MK. You'll need to transfer to a different monorail at the TTC or take the ferry from TTC. It really won't save you any time. Take the bus from BCV. It will be so much easier.

My family is looking at renting DVC at BCV and just curious about bypassing bus system for trips to Magic Kingdom. Also what is the walk like from BCV to Epcot? Anyone with any tips on the whole BCV or DVC rental experience would be appreciated as well.

you need a park hopper or an AP ticket to go through Epcot to use monorail for MK. One park a day tickets won't work because you would have use your day entering Epcot:thumbsup2

It's certainly doable - and can make sense if you also want to visit Epcot - but it won't be a time saver over the buses.

We stayed at swan and dolphin in the past and scheduled at BWV this summer. We always take the walk through Epcot to monorail to MK. (And swan is considerably farther than BCV).
1) walking on boardwalk through WC...grab a margarita! (Ok not at rope drop time I swear)
2) I hate buses. See #3
3) My kids are still in strollers. On the bus, you have to fold them up, take kids out (empty everything out of the bottom, detach the cup holder, hold all bags, kids, stroller, coffee etc). Then herd like cattle onto the bus.
4) You can roll the strollers right onto monorail. My kids love the monorail. It's like a ride to them. Especially if it's nap time, way better to take the ride and let them sleep in stroller instead of try to transfer.

This only works if you aren't in a hurry. But we live by it.

The walk from BCV through Epcot to the monorail is long. It's one thing if you have stops you want to make in Epcot, but IMO a bit far, especially in the heat of the day with crowds.

We are going to stay at beach club villas this year. We have not made it out of the moderate resorts until now. Is this resort that much better than what I have come to expect at the moderate resorts?

We are going to stay at beach club villas this year. We have not made it out of the moderate resorts until now. Is this resort that much better than what I have come to expect at the moderate resorts?

Only you know what you expect. Enjoy your vacation and please come back and give us your report.

Our family enjoys the deluxe resorts more than the others but that's just us.

:earsboy: Bill

If you are staying at the Villas, you are staying in a timeshare, not a hotel. So understand that difference. As to better, that becomes a matter of opinion. You'll probably love having Epcot out your door, and SAB is a very impressive pool. But in a studio, you'll have a queen bed and a pullout couch and mousekeeping will not be making your beds every day.

Don't forget you can take a taxi. Usually taxis cost ten bucks, but might be more for magic kingdom. Have them drop you off near the contemporary and it's a five minute walk. It's your vacation, so an extra ten to make your magic is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter