Distance to San Diego, Universal, Knotts, Beaches...

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Wondering about other area attractions (Universal, Sea World, Knotts Berry, beaches, San Diego Zoo, and others I may not know about that are cool) and how far they are from DL? Also can anyone give me a run down about the geography and area around DL? Never been to California and don't know the difference between San Fransisco and San Diego (a little exageration but not too far from the truth) . Thanks!!

From what I understand, San Diego looks to be a straight shot down I-5. I'm curious though on the answers to the beach question. We'd like to go to the beach also for a day, but have no clue which one is best, easiest to get too, etc.

San Diego (actually Sea World) is about an hour drive south depending on traffic. If you are going downtown (Zoo) add about a half hour. Coronado is another 15 minutes. An accident could add a half hour or more to your drive although I-5 is way better than 405 to the 5 on any day.

The beach would depend on which beach you are going to. I could take up to 3 hours to get to Malibu. I wouldn't do that. Huntington Beach is my favorite and about a 20 minute drive down Harbor to the end. You can also take 5 to the 55 and head over to Newport Beach, head left to Balboa and go to a real Boardwalk. It is quaint and that would be about 30 minutes depending on traffic from Disneyland. There is also Bolsa Chica which is North of Huntington Beach, also about 30 minutes or so. It is popular with the locals too. Seal Beach is also north of Huntington Beach.

Universal is a long drive. I haven't been there is a long time but would say it is about 35 minutes north of Disneyland. However, you need to go through LA (highway) to get there and may hit traffic which adds an hour.

Knotts is just the next exit south so it is about 10 to 15 minutes.

I hope this helps. I drive the speed limit so you may get there earlier. I know my boss can get to Orange County in 45 mintues from San Diego!

if you go to the zoo during the week, it can be a 2-1/2 hour drive... of course it's more crowded on the weekend, but at least you don't have to wait in lines for rides like disneyland. if you avoid the rush hour, it's more like 90 minutes.

if you've been to universal/sea world orlando, i wouldn't bother with going here. it's fun the first time, but it doesn't have the same magic as disney. for atmosphere, you could go to venice beach... the zoo is definitely worth seeing (america's finest, as they say) but it does take a lot out of you. it's hilly. if you're only here for a short time, i wouldn't go to knotts berry farm (except maybe to go out for one of their chicken dinners - you don't have to enter the park for that)... you could go to six flags magic mountain (about an hour north of anaheim not counting traffic) if you go during the summer, raging waters is a great water park (half hour away)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter