• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL and California ?'s

SHB

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I am looking for advise from DL experts. I want to know if it is possible to do DL and California in one day, or at least hit the high points of each. We are driving from Las Vegas, and will only be there for one day. Does anyone have any advise or maybe a possible itenary. I have never been to DL or California but my children have. I appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Its possible to do both, depending on what time of the year you will be there. I just did 1 day a few weeks ago and was able to see and do pretty much everything I wanted. And I didn't even stay until closing. But I was there midweek and not around a holiday.

I started in DL right at opening. As soon as they dropped the rope, I headed straight to Fantasyland and did everything there. Then headed over to Adventure Land, grabbed a Fastpass for Indy, rode Haunted Mansion, Pooh, and Pirates, then back to Indy. Had lunch, then headed over to CA, straight to Tower of Terror, rode that 3 times straight, went to CA Screamin, Maliboomer, Soarin over CA, then back to DL. Did a little shopping and people watching, grabbed a FP for Big Thunder, rode Haunted Mansion again, back to BT, tried to ride Matterhorn but it was closed. It was about 5:30 by this time and I had to leave, but would have been able to do everything else if I wasn't on a time schedule.

With only one day, get a 1-day hopper ticket. Be outside DL at least 30 minutes before the park opens (you don't say when you're coming, so it's hard to know what park hours will be and whether the gates will open 30 minutes before park opening). If you're interested in Fantasyland rides, head straight there as none of them have Fastpass. Ride the Matterhorn first if interested, then Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice, Storybookland, Dumbo (if interested), Snow White and Pinocchio. Next, head to Adventureland and grab fastpasses for Indy. Ride Pirates, the Haunted Mansion and the Jungle Cruise. When your Indy FP time comes around, ride it (maybe getting a Splash Mountain FP right as your window opens up). By this point DCA should be open. Head over there (don't worry if you haven't used a FP, you can always use it later). Make sure to ride Soarin' and Tower of Terror if you want using FP as needed (the 2 parks are not connected). Head back to Paradise Pier and ride anything back there you want. After seeing and doing everything in DCA you are interested in, head back to DL. If you go on a non-summer weekday the lines should be short. If it's summer or a weekend, the lines will be longer.

Thanks for the info. I will be going over Memorial Day weekend. Either Sunday before or the Tues after. I wonder which will be the least busy. Thanks again for the info.

Midweek is always less crowded than a Sunday - so choose the Tuesday.

Plans above sounds great - the unofficial guiude to Disneyland also contains some very good plans for doing Disney in a day, including specific plans for doing both parks without kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter