• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL Sit down restaurants

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
Is the Plaza Inn a sit-down restaurant like in WDW? I would like to make some ADRs before our trip, but wasn't sure if this was the same way. Is Carnation Cafe a good place for dinner? If not, are there any other sit-downs we should consider that are kid friendly?

The Plaza Inn is buffet style. You get your food and then find seats. I'm not sure if they take ADRs. We always just walk-up. The Blue Bayou is the only sitdown in DL and I believe it's closed while they renovate POTC. I've only done breakfast at the Carnation Cafe.

Plaza Inn only takes PSs for it's character breakfast. Otherwise, you just walk right in.

We eat at Plaza Inn every trip , the fried chicken is great and the pasta too. They have kids meals for the little ones ............you order your food and carry it on a tray , but you can sit inside or out. It is great if it rains. I would highly suggest it!

Sorry forgot one thing....we also always seem to encounter a character coming in or out at the entrance, almost always a princess.........last time took us forever to figure out who she was! It was alice in wonderland!

Chicago526 said:
Carnation Cafe is table service for breakfast and lunch and does take PS's. I hope it's good, we've never eaten there, this will be our first time! They are open for dinner, but since it doesn't say anything, I'm guessing it isn't table service (so I'm not sure how you place your order).

We made a PS for dinner at the Carnation Cafe during our trip in April. :thumbsup2

CindyH said:
We made a PS for dinner at the Carnation Cafe during our trip in April. :thumbsup2

Really? Cool! :thumbsup2 The Disneyland.com description said:

Escape the hustle and bustle of Main Street, U.S.A. and take in the sights from this quaint courtyard eatery.
The breakfast croissant sandwich and Mickey Mouse waffles are breakfast classics
"Butcher block" sandwich plates are a big lunch hit
Chicken pot pie, pasta, roast beef
Specialty desserts for two
Table service for breakfast and lunch!

Well, when I call, I'll ask for a PS and see if they give us one! :teeth:

Hi, all!
We have a PS at the Carnation Cafe next Friday at 3:30 PM for a late lunch/early dinner before our 50th Anniversary Tour at 6 PM.
It is a table service restaurant and I decided to make ressies for it after reading and hearing about the PB&J Palette for the kids, which my 2 peanut butter loving sons will just adore.
We wanted to do a sit-down meal on our last day, but didn't want to leave the park, so since the Blue Bayou is closed, this was the only other other option.
I've heard good things about it and it looks like a good restaurant to enjoy a relaxing sit down meal, but not ridiculously out-of-sight prices.
You can find a menu here:
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus/dlmenus.html
Enjoy!
Rose :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter