DL Tickets from ARES Travel...

chiefbrody

Earning My Ears
We are ready to purchase our tickets for DL. I think ARES travel has the best deal... 5-Day + $10 ESPN card + early entrance for $131.50 adults and/or kids.

Has anyone bought tickets from ARES? Are they a good company? Anyone had any problems with them in the past?

Thanks for your help, this is our first trip to California, we are so excited. :cool1:

I recently ordered 5 day park hopper passes from Ares Travel. I ordered online and paid $5.95 for priority mail. They came in just 3 or 4 days -from CA to NC. My credit card was billed correctly-I checked just to be sure.

The only strange thing is that was all that was in the priority mail envelope. They were just loose in the envelope, no smaller inner envelope or packing slip or anything. All that was in the carboard envelope was 3 park hoppers. I also was expecting something separate for the $10 ESPN game cards and didn't think I had received them. I was going to call and complain when I noticed the very small print on the back of the passes saying it is included on the hopper. You use your hopper to get the $10 card.

I have only had the one experience with them but had no problems. I need 3 more passes for our June trip and plan to order again from Ares.

Mousesavers recommended them as a reliable company to deal with so that made me feel a lot more comfortable.

WOW....that sounds too good to be true. We are going at the end of April so these would be great.

Has anyone ordered from GetAwayToday.com? Are they a reliable company?

Thanks

Just so you know, you can order these tickets through Dreams Unlimited Travel, also, as we book through the Walt Disney Travel Company.

Kids 3-9 are free with each paying adult, and if you have no kids, or your children are 10 & over, the adult hoppers are kids prices. This is good until April 28th. If you get a package, and stay at one of the resort hotels for 4-nights or more, you also get Disney Dollars -- $200 for staying at Grand Californian, $150 for staying at Disneyland Hotel, and $125 for staying at Paradise Pier Hotel.

Mary,

I went to the website but did not see the "Kids 3-9 are free with each paying adult" tickets. Is this deal only if you purchase a package? We already have a room at the DLH and just need tickets.

Thanks for your help.

We used them in 2001 and they were SUPER. We went on a very last minute trip (booked on a Monday to arrive on the next Sunday!), and we called the 1-800 number listed on the website. The lady was very helpful and even looked for the best prices for us. We got our packet by Fed-Ex in about 3 days, and had a great trip!
You can order the specially priced tickets w/o having a pkg. Just call ARES travel, or getawaytoday, and they will be happy to help. I just got my DS's 5 day hopper in the mail today, and I called ARES travel last Thursday. :cool1:

Normally, we book packages and room only, but if you request tickets only we can do that, too. I've ordered them before for people, and it's the same as if you were to order through Walt Disney Travel Company.

Yes, they include the early morning entrance for Fantasyland and the Mickey's Toontown Madness

Mary Jo
The website says it gives quotes for packages and hotels not just tickets.

How do I go about getting a quote for just tickets????

Thanks

fire616 said:
Do these park hopper tickets include the early morning entrance?

Yes! I bought our tickets 2 weeks ago for our June trip and they arrived within 4 days priority mail as described above by others. The tickets (3 day hoppers) do note on the back that they are good for 1 early morning entrance.

Would highly recommend ARES for tickets. :earboy2:

I'm also interested in tickets only. We belong to DVC, so our room is all set. We will need 5 adult tickets. I assume that the child rate is 9 and under, like wdw. Our daughter is 10. Thank you.

Just ordered my 3 day DL parkhoppers about 5 minutes ago through ARES. I will let you all know when they arrive. Even though they didn't offer a regular mailing choice (rather than priority) it still saved me about $10 over buying them through DL... and every little bit helps!...............P

Mary Jo
I also would like to know how to just get the tickets w/ early entry and Toontown Madness. We already have a cheap rate for our hotel and don't need a package. Thanks for any information. :wave:

pjlla said:
Just ordered my 3 day DL parkhoppers about 5 minutes ago through ARES. I will let you all know when they arrive. Even though they didn't offer a regular mailing choice (rather than priority) it still saved me about $10 over buying them through DL... and every little bit helps!...............P

Well... thought I'd let you know that while my ticket did arrive PROMPTLY(five days from order to mailbox).... unfortunately they were the wrong tickets. I had ordered the regular 3 day park hoppers, 2 adult and 2 child. Not the "adults pay kids price" tix that expire in May. Well.... I got the the expiring in May tickets... and we are going in July! FORTUNATELY I checked them as soon as they arrived and noticed the error.

I called the company (their 800# was the receipt I had printed when I ordered the tix). They were very nice and told me just to send them back and they would send me the correct ones. I asked if they would reimburse me the shipping charges to send them back. Well.. this person thought I should just put them in a regular envelope and stick a .37 stamp on them. NO WAY! This was over $400 worth of tickets. I was going to send them back the same way they came to me... delivery confirmation, signature required etc. So they offered to reimburse me my original shipping charge ($5.75), which is pretty much what it cost me to send them back. I will have to keep an eye out to make sure I get the reimbursement.

Anyhow, assuming that they do the reimbursement correctly and send the correct tickets promptly, I will give them a "two thumbs up". After all, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. I will keep you all informed of how this works out..........P

Oh my gosh me too!!!

I just ordered my 2nd batch of tickets for our June trip and when they came on Tuesday, I got the wrong tickets. Like you, they were the adult for childs price that expire the end of May. I called and email. They still have not replied to my email which makes me furious. After 2 calls, I got someone on the phone who told me to simply mail them back.

This makes me extremely nervous. I made copies of the tickets, front & back for my records, enclosed a copy of the receipt and a letter explaining my problem. Now I just have to trust that I will get the correct tickets from them. I can't believe this, my first transaction went so smoothly.

If anyone orders tickets from Ares, check them carefully!!

Okay, final update! I received my CORRECT DL 3 day PH tickets this past Wed or Thursday from ARES via Priority Mail. I checked my CC account online this morning and they did credit my account the $5.75 shipping, as they said they would. So as far as I am concerned, all is good! If you choose to buy your tickets from ARES, just be sure to check them carefully when they arrive!..............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter