DLand Maxpass and CND discounted Tickets

alohamom

DIS Veteran
This is a very specific question and I am looking for fellow Canadians who may have had experience with this...

I read in an older thread started by @keaster about this

https://www.disboards.com/threads/canadian-discounted-disneyland-tickets.3649419/#post-58501206

but I am hoping some of you may have been since this was posted and can tell me if it is worth it to add the app on the morning of your DL visit(rather than ahead of time, day before etc), especially if it is busy. I guess I am worried I will pay for the app and then it will be a waste because I wasnt able to get any FP right away. Oh man, I am not sure if I am making sense. My problem is it seems you cannot add the MAxpass at DL to the CND discounted tickets ahead of time without loosing the discount but you can once you are in the park, day of your visit, using the app. I would love to take advantage of Maxpass but not sure if it will be worth it on a really busy visit. @Susie63 , you seem to know alot about DL-any advice? ALl help is appreciated...

The Disneyland app is free, definitely get that on your phone before your trip. There are lots of non-Maxpass things on the app like maps and wait times. You access Maxpass through the app as soon as you enter the park each day, but only if you want to pay for it. It is $10 per person per day, but you can buy it only one day or any number of days you want after you enter for that particular day. You don’t have to buy it for your whole party. (Some people just buy it for one person to get the photos, some people buy it for half their party if they are using rider swap with small children.). If you get Maxpass, definitely use data on your phone as the WiFi is truly terrible. Does that make sense?

While I don't have any info about adding Maxpass to a discounted ticket, we did have APs on our last visit and wanted to add it each day. It was really easy and there was only one small hiccup. We had all of our APs already in the app on my phone and then each day after we were scanned into the park I would just open the app and buy the Maxpasses for each of us. Since we can get into the park a little bit before rope drop, by the time the park officially opened I had Maxpass all ready to go!

The one small issue was on our 3rd day the app was having issues and I ended up being charged 3 times for each of us. It took one phone call and they reversed the charges and even comped us that days' Maxpass for all of us.

Buying each day is easy and once you get your Canadian tickets activated then I can't see there being an issue buying Maxpass, especially since as far as I am aware there is no discount to buying Maxpass ahead of time. (Unless you are getting it added on to an AP)

Hope that helps!

We used the 2017 discounted Canadian tickets on our trip last month and added Maxpass to them just as if they were normal tickets or annual passes as above through the app. Super easy. I am sure the 2018 Canadian tickets will be the same. Just have a credit card already loaded onto the Disneyland app (and memorize its CVV number), so as soon as you get into the park, it just takes a click or two on the app and you can start booking fast passes on the app!

ok thanks everyone. I guess the answer is that everyone just gets the maxpass on the day/morning they hit the park(s) and I dont have to worry about getting it ahead of time

ok thanks everyone. I guess the answer is that everyone just gets the maxpass on the day/morning they hit the park(s) and I dont have to worry about getting it ahead of time
You’ll be just fine getting it the morning of. We used discounted CDN tickets in August and that’s what we did. It’s really easy and fast. As mentioned, preload your CC number and definitely memorize the CVV number because you will need it! One poor lady was struggling to purchase MP because she kept missing the part where it asks for your CVV.

You’ll be just fine getting it the morning of. We used discounted CDN tickets in August and that’s what we did. It’s really easy and fast. As mentioned, preload your CC number and definitely memorize the CVV number because you will need it! One poor lady was struggling to purchase MP because she kept missing the part where it asks for your CVV.

Perfect! This is why I love the Disboards!!! Thank you @22Tink

We always just bought the max pass each morning while we were waiting in the line to get in.
TOTALLY worth it, especially since there were only 2 of us, $10 for a DAYS worth of photo passes, and fast passes?! Thank you! The max pass helped us achieve SO much, and so many more rides on things we wouldn't have got on otherwise

This is a very specific question and I am looking for fellow Canadians who may have had experience with this...

I read in an older thread started by @keaster about this

https://www.disboards.com/threads/canadian-discounted-disneyland-tickets.3649419/#post-58501206

but I am hoping some of you may have been since this was posted and can tell me if it is worth it to add the app on the morning of your DL visit(rather than ahead of time, day before etc), especially if it is busy. I guess I am worried I will pay for the app and then it will be a waste because I wasnt able to get any FP right away. Oh man, I am not sure if I am making sense. My problem is it seems you cannot add the MAxpass at DL to the CND discounted tickets ahead of time without loosing the discount but you can once you are in the park, day of your visit, using the app. I would love to take advantage of Maxpass but not sure if it will be worth it on a really busy visit. @Susie63 , you seem to know alot about DL-any advice? ALl help is appreciated...
Sorry I missed your question....good answers here^^^^^^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter