DLP add on Knights and Lights Tour

stenogoddess

DIS Veteran
So here's my questions, and maybe some of y'all can weigh in with an opinion. DH and I are thinking about going a DLP add on to the London/Paris trip. I figure you can't go all that way and then not see it!

My question is I've read that ABD isn't responsible for your transportation to DLP or the hotel arrangements and such. If that's the case, what exactly are you adding on and booking with them?? For those that added on, where did you stay and how long did you stay??

And my second question is for a brief while I was considering DLP for the start of our trip thinking we could get jet lag out of the way at our own pace at DLP first and then joing up with the group in London. But then I thought that getting to London is probably expensive. So far I've not been able to nail down a cost. I was wondering if anyone knows that, or perhaps had an opinion about doing it that way.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

Thanks!

I would recommend doing DLP at the end of the trip (when you are already in Paris). Doing it at the front-end of the trip would be a lot of travel and lost time (taxis, trains, security, customs, baggage, etc.).

The add-on (i.e. staying an extra day in Paris) would consist of two things.
1) ABD would reserve an additional night at the ABD Paris hotel
2) ABD would provide a private car transfer to the CDG airport on the last day

You may want to inquire into the cost of the additional night at the ABD Paris hotel. The price may surprise you depending upon the time of year.

Of course, another option would be to stay several extra days in Paris and to book your own hotel and transfers to the airport.

The ABD guides in Paris or the concierge at the hotel can assist you with your travel plans to DLP (or anywhere else). For DLP, you would take a Metro train from the Courcelles station near the Hilton Arc de Triomphe hotel to the Charles de Gaulle Etoile station (~3 minutes), walk to the RER train area (~7 minutes) and then take the RER Line A (A4) train to the Marne-la-Vallee/Chessy station (~48 minutes). The gates to DLP are only a short walk from the station. It is a fairly simple trip.

There are many many things to see and do in and around Paris and the 4 ABD days go by very quickly. The few people I talked to were somewhat indifferent with their choice of DLP. We elected to make a visit into the French countryside with our extra day.

We also booked an extra day at the front-end of the trip in London. At first we thought we might use the extra day to acclimate to the time change. Once we got to London (and found we were full of energy), we used the extra day to make a day-trip to Windsor Castle via the Waterloo train station. It was very easy to navigate to and from Windsor.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. A few things to think about. I hadn't considered coming in early, but the more I think about it the more that makes great sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter