Do people actually pay rac rate thru disney for DVC ressies???

Our first stay at OKW was on cash before we were members, and that is part of what convinced us to join.

We have friends who rented a BWV 2 bedroom through CRO last year. I told them they should have come to me first! They did almost buy in too, but didn't realize they could buy at BWV, so they didn't do it.

We have friends who have gone every year, at least 1-2 times, for as long as we have (forever?). They usually pay rack rate, or close to it.
We joined DVC at the beginning of '98. They didn't, saying they didn't want to be "tied down" to Disney. Since then, they've STILL gone every year, still 1-2 times, still staying at WL, YC/BC, or BW!
For the amount of $ they've spent since '98, they could've bought thousands of points (or saved a bundle), and if they felt like selling DVC (so as not to be "tied down" any longer:rotfl: ), they would have made a nice profit, and had their vacations, too!
Go figure:confused3............

Our first stay at OKW was on cash before we were members, and that is part of what convinced us to join.

Us too. On our first trip, we had no idea there even was such a thing as DVC (or that we would be able to afford it). We just needed a room with a kitchen because of DD's special needs. OKW was the least expensive and looked the quietest. What can I say, we fell in love with the place.

We were about to pay these rates and honestly didn't think they were too bad only because we now have a family of 6 and could no longer fit into one room. $595 per night at a 2BR BCV would be a lot better than $800+ per night for two YC concierge rooms. I'm going to miss the concierge lounge. Our new concierge lounge is the kitchen/living room with some pastries, pudding, sodas, etc. delivered by one of the grocery delivery services. Now paying over $1000 per night during peak season is something different.

When we were at VWL a few years ago during President's Week I was talking to a woman on the elevator. They were definitely paying rack rates, over $450 a night for a 2BR villa. After she got off the elevator I looked at DH and said "well that just paid off our DVC investment". We easily recouped the cost of our points (when compared to going rates of the resorts and DCL) within the first 4 years of buying DVC.

LIFERBABE- That really isn't that bad of a deal. If they were checking out New Years day then they stayed the 29th,30th,31st, Which would have been 401 points, 4,010$. So really that was a good price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter